Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn you Al Gore, it's too hot outside

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin Damn you Al Gore, it's too hot outside

I'd get naked but I know it won't work and will cause more problems than I'd solve.

But seriously, who does Al Gore think he is? Tells us the planet's going to over heat and does nothing to stop it. What do you think, he's causing more problems than he's solving, imo.

Is it hot where you are? What do you do to fix the problem?

I've been dropping huge cubes of ice from Saturn for years but it's not really working and causes the ocean to rise. I think Quebec's under water now.

If I had a wish I'd make it autumn every day of the year.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's nice and breezy where I am today. It gets hot as a mothersmurfer sometimes though and on days like those, all I do is sit in front of the AC and wonder what it would be like to live in Alaska. And yeah, fall is the best time of year.

Al Gore can't single-handedly solve the global climate crisis. But I do think he does his part.

If it was autumn every day, then we'd eventually run out of leaves and goody-goody Australia would be in a state of perma-spring and would brag about their "foliage."

Great, now I'm pissed at Australia for something they theoretically may or may not be able to do.

It says it's 90 outside, but the thermostat seems to be in the shade. I deal with it by being moody and not going outside!

Seriously though, in Wisconsin when I left it was like 80 at the most.

Get off your rear Al Gore, the world needs to be a perfect 72 degree's.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    Yes, that would be fantastic.

If you ask me, I think Al Gore and anyone who thinks that we're 'destroying the planet' are totally full of themselves. I mean, if this planet has been around for billions of years, don't you think the planet's durable enough to survive our generations? Seriously, it's arrogant to believe we, the humans of the 20th-21st century can destroy something that has been around for so very much longer. That's just an opinion though, don't you dare get bent out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post

If you ask me, I think Al Gore and anyone who thinks that we're 'destroying the planet' are totally full of themselves. I mean, if this planet has been around for billions of years, don't you think the planet's durable enough to survive our generations? Seriously, it's arrogant to believe we, the humans of the 20th-21st century can destroy something that has been around for so very much longer. That's just an opinion though, don't you dare get bent out of shape.
    The planet can repair itself over time yes, but do you think we can survive an effed-up planet?

Blog Entries

It's the middle of summer and it's pretty much chucked it down every day for the past month or so here. Not that this is suprising.

there was a picture here

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post

Side topic? I honestly think that environmentalism only cares about sustaining the earth for the benefit of humans. I also 'believe' (I'd say 'know' but philosophers will tell me I don't know anything) that humans cannot permanently damage the earth. Sustaining the ecosystem in its current state is impossible -- hundreds of species are extinct every day.

A combination of rebellion against anthropocentricism and general apathy allows me to not truly be an environmentalist.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post

The planet can repair itself over time yes, but do you think we can survive an effed-up planet?
    I honestly don't think it will get to that sort of an extreme-- not within our lifetimes, at least.

I honestly don't think it will get to that sort of an extreme-- not within our lifetimes, at least.
    Because we're working on fixing it.

Blog Entries

Also in b4 this thread derails into boring were-killing-the-planet-need-global-euthanasia nihilism

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm just gonna quote both of Old Manus's posts. Here I go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    It's the middle of summer and it's pretty much chucked it down every day for the past month or so here. Not that this is suprising.
    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Also in b4 this thread derails into boring were-killing-the-planet-need-global-euthanasia nihilism
    If global warming is the planet's way of fighting back, I think mankind needs to start hitting the planet harder to limit its strike capability. Off to go spray some aerosols into the sky, brb.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Because we're working on fixing it.
    Either way, I'm no environmentalist at all, but I do think pollution is an issue that must be regulated. However, I still don't see it being something that will kill us, our children, or our children's children. Perhaps their children, but I have little doubt that we'd have the technology to remedy that by then. Either way, we'll be long dead before this becomes a life-or-death issue for us.

Again, just an opinion.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We've had a pretty mild summer so far. It's kicked up in temperature the past few days (around the 90s) but it's liveable. It's been feeling really great out in the evenings when it cools down to the mid 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    We've had a pretty mild summer so far. It's kicked up in temperature the past few days (around the 90s) but it's liveable. It's been feeling really great out in the evenings when it cools down to the mid 70s.
    I love our wacky-ass Ohio weather. I remember back in 2005 we got 3" of snow in the morning and it was 80° later that day.