View Poll Results: Whats your favorite military branch?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

11 40.74%
  • Army

6 22.22%
  • Airforce

8 29.63%
  • Navy

2 7.41%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite military branch?

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Research is always good. My husband was going to orginally join the navy..

That was up until he realized that he didn't really have any choice in his MOS. Basically his ASVAB score decided that and that worried him because he hadn't been in a school setting for like.. 6 years and he was afraid of doing bad (which he didn't. xD ), he got his dream job (literally) with the army. Basically his job choices were between combat (obviously everyone gets that choice), medic, or communications. We were lucky enough to get the EXACT job he wanted which was 25Q (A big word for a guy who makes sure wires haven't been tapped and an all around cable and wireless frequency guy), not only did he get the job he wanted but he maxed out with a lovely 40grand bonus. It shall be a good christmas this year (we'll be seeing 20k of it in december). Really though, getting the max bonus AND the job he wanted was pure luck.

For us, it was between the Navy and the Army but after doing research and what not. The Army was the best choice for him and his family (AKA me and our unborn child).
    Wow. I never realized quite how well your Bruce got off. 40k is an amazing bonus. And I can see how the Navy wouldn't have been a good choice. Being on a ship so much can suck. Ironic for me to say, as I literally grew up on and around boats.

I was lucky enough to get the exact job I wanted. Aircraft Mechanic. I don't know what specific aircraft I will get yet, but that doesn't really concern me.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Quote Originally Posted by IBPengwynZ View Post

Research is always good. My husband was going to orginally join the navy..

That was up until he realized that he didn't really have any choice in his MOS. Basically his ASVAB score decided that and that worried him because he hadn't been in a school setting for like.. 6 years and he was afraid of doing bad (which he didn't. xD ), he got his dream job (literally) with the army. Basically his job choices were between combat (obviously everyone gets that choice), medic, or communications. We were lucky enough to get the EXACT job he wanted which was 25Q (A big word for a guy who makes sure wires haven't been tapped and an all around cable and wireless frequency guy), not only did he get the job he wanted but he maxed out with a lovely 40grand bonus. It shall be a good christmas this year (we'll be seeing 20k of it in december). Really though, getting the max bonus AND the job he wanted was pure luck.

For us, it was between the Navy and the Army but after doing research and what not. The Army was the best choice for him and his family (AKA me and our unborn child).
    Wow. I never realized quite how well your Bruce got off. 40k is an amazing bonus. And I can see how the Navy wouldn't have been a good choice. Being on a ship so much can suck. Ironic for me to say, as I literally grew up on and around boats.

I was lucky enough to get the exact job I wanted. Aircraft Mechanic. I don't know what specific aircraft I will get yet, but that doesn't really concern me.
    Yeah, my sister has alot of army wife friends and all they can say to his bonus and job is "They're going to have it A LOT easier than most family's starting off".
    We were -very- lucky. There was one "seat" left for the job, the job was high-priority and Secruity Clearanced at that. Due to the fact they -needed- that one "seat" filled, that was the bonus offered, my bro-in-law (our recruiter) nearly crapped himself because Bruce was the first person he had seen in the time he's been a recruiter to get the maxed out bonus, the highest before that was like.. 39,700$. xD
    There was a radio technician job with a 20k bonus which we looked at first, my bro-in-law's system crashed and when he reloaded it the job options went from about 5 jobs to 20 jobs. If his system wouldn't have crashed and him reload it we would have never have even known about the 25Q being available. (He thinks the position was taken at some point (reserved until they pass everything and sign the enlistment contract), but then someone went to the MEPS and failed their physical or security clearance within the time of us looking because that would be why the job popped up at random)

And congrats on getting your job! I've heard a lot of people bitch and moan about not getting the job they want and.. well not expecting that as a possiblity for some reason. When it comes to jobs and the military, it's pure luck. A couple of years ago my bro-in-law was a tanker, then the army said "NO MORE TANKING FOR YOU" and now he's a recruiter for 3 more years, honestly he hates it because he loved being a tanker because he had done so for 11 years, but he also recognized that the "needs of the military" can easily take a job or give a job that you may or may not like.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by loinharte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hartman View Post
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    FOUR
    I
    LOVE
    MARINE
    CORPS!!!
    You said right there man. OORAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    anything but the marines
    airforce ftw
    Whats wrong with the Marines?
    Because the Marines are the poor idiots who get dumped into the direct line of fire tbh.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    The Marines are part of the Navy.
    People saying this has always bothered me. We are a sister(or brother) unit to the Navy. We do not operate under the Navy, but we often operate with the Navy. We are not part of the Navy.
    The Marines are tied to the Navy. And while they do a wide variety of tasks, are technically under the administration of the Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loinharte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hartman View Post
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    FOUR
    I
    LOVE
    MARINE
    CORPS!!!
    You said right there man. OORAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    anything but the marines
    airforce ftw
    Whats wrong with the Marines?
    Because the Marines are the poor idiots who get dumped into the direct line of fire tbh.
    Some people like being in the direct line of fire or having a type of combat job.

My bro-in-law's best friend joined the army for the sole purpose of getting the chance to run around and shoot things. He's got a purple heart from his first Iraq tour back in 2003 and is going back to Iraq at the end of this year because he got reactivated after being on IRR from being shot before.
    Is he stoked about going to Iraq and doing what he did before even knowing he's already been shot and taken out once?
    He seriously is, he's doing what he likes to do.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't care how I kill people, I'll just go with whichever branch has the best uniform to get me women.

I vote for Air Force, as I have a strong attachment for it. My dad is ex-Air Force, and there are a lot of British (and US!) air bases in the general geographical areas. A lot of the lads round here join up just to get the hell out of here!

P.S: Good luck with joining the Marines, loinharte! I actually have a friend, on another board, who joined not long ago. It's tough from what I understand, but worth it.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Militairy is a lie.

I would choose Coast Guard, because they are more baout saving lies then killing people, some of which do not even do anything wrong!

So I will not vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    The Militairy is a lie.

I would choose Coast Guard, because they are more baout saving lies then killing people, some of which do not even do anything wrong!

So I will not vote.
    Technically, the coastguard is an emergency service. But I think you do have a good point.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

The Marines are part of the Navy.
    People saying this has always bothered me. We are a sister(or brother) unit to the Navy. We do not operate under the Navy, but we often operate with the Navy. We are not part of the Navy.
    The Marines are tied to the Navy. And while they do a wide variety of tasks, are technically under the administration of the Navy.
    The Marines are administratively part of the Department of the Navy but they operate under their own branch of the US Military. Which is what he said.

Blog Entries

Some people like being in the direct line of fire or having a type of combat job.

My bro-in-law's best friend joined the army for the sole purpose of getting the chance to run around and shoot things.
    Wow, what a great reason to join up!
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I like my shirt because my shirt says Army.
    Army Army Army
    Army Army Army
    A is for Army
    R is for Army
    M is for Army
    Y is for Army

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    The Militairy is a lie.

So I will not vote.
    Technically, the coastguard is an emergency service. But I think you do have a good point.
    I know. But the Coast Guard is precisely that-an EMERGENCY service.

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post

My bro-in-law's best friend joined the army for the sole purpose of getting the chance to run around and shoot things.
    Wow, what a great reason to join up!
    It may not seem like a great reason to join, assuming that is sarcasm. But it's what the guy wanted to do, so to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I like my shirt because my shirt says Army.
    Army Army Army
    Army Army Army
    A is for Army
    R is for Army
    M is for Army
    Y is for Army

All the letter's in the alphabet are for Army!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Territorial Army is where it's at. Yeah, you come and invade us. Just you wait until the weekend and the TA comes after you, then you'll be sorry.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.