View Poll Results: Whats your favorite military branch?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

11 40.74%
  • Army

6 22.22%
  • Airforce

8 29.63%
  • Navy

2 7.41%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Whats your favorite military branch?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    P.S. About the Warzone thing, it doesn't matter if your job is clerical or airplane mechanic or pilot, during a time of war the chances of you being sent over to the Middle East are about 85% without a good medical excuse.

And being in a non-deployable unit, usually a Headquarters and Service Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    > >; Bunny made the comment because.. people who are in the marine's or who are large fans of the marine's without good knowledge of other branches tend to be OBSENELY biased.
    Granted, it can be said that all people who prefer a certain part of a branch are biased but it's usually their reasons.

Basically, you having done no research on other branches and using the idea that "the marine's are awesome" as your reasoning for wanting to join and being so gun-ho about it, is what would make you a good Marine, because really NOTHING is going to sway you out of the "OMG MARINE'S" mindset.

Personally, when I was looking into joining a military branch, I was going to join the Navy. Obviously the fact I have an army recruiter bro-in-law who's been like my older brother for 10 years and that I married a man who was recruited into the army by my bro-in-law makes me very biased. But biased or not, I still am able to admit that I would PERSONALLY prefer the Navy, not because of reasons that "they are awesome" more so because the Army's just not my idea of how I'd want to spend my life, where as being on a boat for mass amounts of times is. While the Army has been apart of my life for the past ten years (my sister and bro-in-law basically raised me), I still believe the Navy is my cup of tea, even with all the Army influences.
    Actually I made the comment because of the "Marines are stupid" stereotype. Now that I've explained my post, the mods are going to harp on me or something crazy like that. Thanks a lot for interpreting my post wrong and getting me in trouble.

Also, the Navy isn't purely about being on a ship (which is the phrase you should use when talking about the Navy, otherwise you will get yelled at by anyone in the Navy). The 3 years that I spent in the military were all spent on shore at a station that was never even visited by a ship. Also, there is a good chance that you would get sent over to Afghanistan, Iraq, or Africa because we are currently in a time of war. The only way to get out of being sent over there is to have a good medical reason not to go. Pregnancy is a good one, having a child is not. I know two people in particular (husband and wife), who were both sent over to Afghanistan and Africa, respectively, despite having two children under the age of 5. Also, from what I have gathered from talking to people who have been assigned sea duty, it is both the most horrifyingly difficult experience of ones life and also the greatest. I never understood the latter.

P.S. About the Warzone thing, it doesn't matter if your job is clerical or airplane mechanic or pilot, during a time of war the chances of you being sent over to the Middle East are about 85% without a good medical excuse.

edit: Also I use Also a lot.
    First off, there's no reason for YOU to get in trouble from an interpretation that I made. That would be irrational to say the least. Essentially though I said the same thing, only with more wording. If you're not going to take the time to research and become "smart" about something that would make you quite the opposite.

I'm very very very aware that if you sign up you know that there's a chance of you going over seas no matter your job. If and when my husband goes to Iraq, I will cope with that just like every other military wife does (minus half of the one's who divorce their husbands while in Iraq and steal their money) If it wasn't for my husband joining the army, I'd be in the navy or SOME branch, but now I don't even have to work so it's a thought I don't even need to deal with. But yeah, I'd sign up even knowing of the greater chances that I got sent over seas, would it stop me from signing up? Not at all.

Here's how I think, if you don't like the idea of getting sent to a warzone at any point in your enlistment (or even reactivated during your 4 years after release), don't join. It's -that- simple. When you sign those papers, you -should- know what you're getting into, joining the military isn't like going to work for a department store if you're going to go try to get into it and join blindly then.. well (and this may be snipped) you deserve to be sent to Iraq JUST so you can understand what your job TRULY entails.
    Sorry to say it like that, but it's the truth.

To all those who are saying that they want to join: Do you fully accept and understand that you will most likely be over seas at some point in your enlistment? Do you understand that the military isn't just an easy job to get money? Are you willing to go through the physical and mental anguish at points to become a soilder of the military?

If you said yes to all the above then.. serisously you have no reason to not join, and congrats. For some reason, there are still people who want to join who will say no to the above.
    It's amazing. e e

Well.. Imma say Marines since im from a family of them. And from what ive seen in the Air Force so far it's pretty much rubbish. except that we do kill gooder.

too bad i cant vote coast guard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Do I like fire? DO TURTLES LIKE BEING STAMPED ON?!

I'm like, Mr. Arsonist 2000. And 2003, if you saw my beautiful work on assorted AOL CDs. I've kinda not been up to my old form in 2004, but here's hoping.

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

None. I don't care for military.

Blog Entries

hm. tough call, really. i am joining the army soon, but i would have to say my favorite is the marines, simply because they are so damn awesome when it comes to pretty much everything. but, in case you didn't know, there is also a branch of spies that is classified as a military branch like the guy from burn notice (doing all the cool covert stuff, except in other countries) so if that were on here i would vote for them. army has the best jodies, btw.
    ...although, navy seals are teh shiznit.
    i guess it would have to marines. for now. whatever.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Being in the military is the last thing on my mind. I'm not a physical activity person cause I'm well, too damn lazy. Maybe the Army and be a medic.
    That's one of the worst jobs for a lzy person to have, screwing everyone else over.

Actually I made the comment because of the "Marines are stupid" stereotype. Now that I've explained my post, the mods are going to harp on me or something crazy like that.
    I picked up your meaning behind it after you first posted it. I agreed.

To all those who are saying that they want to join: Do you fully accept and understand that you will most likely be over seas at some point in your enlistment?
    Not just in combat either. Out of 6 years I've spent over 4 1/2 overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    To all those who are saying that they want to join: Do you fully accept and understand that you will most likely be over seas at some point in your enlistment?
    Not just in combat either. Out of 6 years I've spent over 4 1/2 overseas.
    Yeah, oddly enough we're trying to get Germany. Granted we have no real say but at least we can say we wrote down Germany for our three little station choices, 'cause the Army's just gonna put us where ever.

FFXIV Character

Awrini Bellato (Excalibur)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hartman View Post
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    FOUR
    I
    LOVE
    MARINE
    CORPS!!!
    Bunch of uptight ... if you ask me.

As for best, go with Air Force or Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper View Post
    Well.. Imma say Marines since im from a family of them. And from what ive seen in the Air Force so far it's pretty much rubbish. except that we do kill gooder.
    Killing isn't exactly something to be proud of.

Blog Entries

I don't know man, killing gooder sounds like a pretty good deal

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    SAS > anything else ever. Did anyone see that SAS vs. Marines or something thing on TV. SAS were all done drinking tea by the time the Americans finished. xD

That was probably the happiest moment in my life. I'm very competitive when it comes to things I can't and don't do.

e.g. WHAT THE smurf REF?!
    of course special forces would woop up the marines marines aren't special forces, they're brute force

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There's also Korea, Alaska, Hawaii, Africa, and plenty more to be considered overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    There's also Korea, Alaska, Hawaii, Africa, and plenty more to be considered overseas.
    Yeah my bro-in-law said Alaska was considered an overseas tour which.. I found funny because I never considered Alaska as part of the US anyways. xD My husband would love to end up at Ft. Wainwright though.
    My bro-in-law didn't mind his year in Korea though, neither did my husbands brother, the only thing that sucks about Korea (and many other places) is that it's considered to hostile to bring family, or atleast it still was when my bro-in-law went in '02-'03