View Poll Results: Whats your favorite military branch?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

11 40.74%
  • Army

6 22.22%
  • Airforce

8 29.63%
  • Navy

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite military branch?

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    I don't even know the difference between navy and marines. And national guard, what. Army has guns, airforce has planes, navy go on ships, and so do marines? And national guard sounds like lifeguard.
    The Navy has ships that they use for warfare, which the Marines hitch a ride on to do warfare on the land.
    The Marines and the Army both are ground units, but the Marines focus is much more narrow. Essentially, the Marines get there first and secure and area and then the Army takes over it. The Army has many many more people in it.
    The Airforce obviously uses jets, much like the Navy does, but they are land based, not carrier based. The Airforce also does a lot of science research.
    The National Guard is just a basic fighting force. Pretty much.

That is it, but pretty generalized.

I chose the Marines because they have a reputation for being the best and most honorable. There are also less of them. The fact that every Marine is a rifleman first and his MOS(occupation) second also drew me in. I wanted to be useful. The challenge of Marine fitness was piqued my interest as well. Which is why I joined. And is why I will be leaving for boot camp September 15th. Oorah.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had no idea the military was so complicated. How does one secure an area anyway? :o And navy uses jets? xD I thought they were just limited to floating/water things...!

Anyway I only know people in the army. :o

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loinharte View Post
    I don't even know the difference between navy and marines. And national guard, what. Army has guns, airforce has planes, navy go on ships, and so do marines? And national guard sounds like lifeguard.
    Marines have guns and they do most of the fronline fighting then the army comes and cleans up the mess we left, navy... i dont even no,airforce fly and bomb places cause they dont no how to fight on the ground
    Lul wut.

The airforce does way more than just fly and bomb places. I think you should do some research into the all areas of the military before joining.

That being said, the airfoce is win. Most of my family are in the airforce.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Quote Originally Posted by IBPengwynZ View Post
    The Navy has ships that they use for warfare, which the Marines hitch a ride on to do warfare on the land.
    The Marines and the Army both are ground units, but the Marines focus is much more narrow. Essentially, the Marines get there first and secure and area and then the Army takes over it. The Army has many many more people in it.
    The Airforce obviously uses jets, much like the Navy does, but they are land based, not carrier based. The Airforce also does a lot of science research.
    The National Guard is just a basic fighting force. Pretty much.

That is it, but pretty generalized.

I chose the Marines because they have a reputation for being the best and most honorable. There are also less of them. The fact that every Marine is a rifleman first and his MOS(occupation) second also drew me in. I wanted to be useful. The challenge of Marine fitness was piqued my interest as well. Which is why I joined. And is why I will be leaving for boot camp September 15th. Oorah.
    thats pretty much the same reason im joining, but i have to graduate first then in november im goin for bootcamp. OORAH!!!

TAHNX OWEN MACWERE FOR MY AWESOM SIG
    if you want a friend in me pm me
    Check it out
    or
    FH

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The one not waging a sham of a foreign policy. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    Marines have guns and they do most of the fronline fighting then the army comes and cleans up the mess we left, navy... i dont even no,airforce fly and bomb places cause they dont no how to fight on the ground
    Lul wut.

The airforce does way more than just fly and bomb places. I think you should do some research into the all areas of the military before joining.

That being said, the airfoce is win. Most of my family are in the airforce.
    my bad i only do research on the best...Marines, im not disin anybody who r not in or joining the Marines and i respect all of the armed forces wether it be Army, Navy, Marines, or Airforce

Check it out
    or
    FH

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=loinharte;2527694]
    my bad i only do research on the best...Marines, im not disin anybody who r not in or joining the Marines and i respect all of the armed forces wether it be Army, Navy, Marines, or Airforce
    If you didn't do any research on the others than how do you know that the Marines are the best? I won't even say that they actually are the best, they are just the best for me. I know this because I immersed myself in research in making such a big decision.

Airforce would be my second choice, btw. Actually, they probably would have been my first, but I neglected too much in school to make that work for me the way I would want it too.

Blog Entries

SAS, mothersmurfer.

there was a picture here

[QUOTE=IBPengwynZ;2527698]
    If you didn't do any research on the others than how do you know that the Marines are the best? I won't even say that they actually are the best, they are just the best for me. I know this because I immersed myself in research in making such a big decision.

Airforce would be my second choice, btw. Actually, they probably would have been my first, but I neglected too much in school to make that work for me the way I would want it too.
    then its been said the Marines are awesome. but i just started doin research im goin to look into the other forces. I think ill go with the Marines even with researching the others

Check it out
    or
    FH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    SAS, mothersmurfer.

The King of Sparta's 300 personal bodyguards.

Oh, and my cousin's in the Air Force so I'd go with that.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Marines are part of the Navy.

My Grandpa was in the navy, so I'll say that. (He was is both the war in Italy and D-Day)

then its been said the Marines are awesome. but i just started doin research im goin to look into the other forces. I think ill go with the Marines even with researching the others
    I think you'll fit in really well with the Marines.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    The Marines are part of the Navy.
    People saying this has always bothered me. We are a sister(or brother) unit to the Navy. We do not operate under the Navy, but we often operate with the Navy. We are not part of the Navy.

We operate differently from the Navy as well. We do land fighting, typically near large bodies of water. We are the bridge between the Navy and the Army. We secure the land near the water for the Army, and for the Navy.

The Secretary of the Navy though, does administrate the Marines, as well as the Navy. But he does so separately.

Research is always good. My husband was going to orginally join the navy..

That was up until he realized that he didn't really have any choice in his MOS. Basically his ASVAB score decided that and that worried him because he hadn't been in a school setting for like.. 6 years and he was afraid of doing bad (which he didn't. xD ), he got his dream job (literally) with the army. Basically his job choices were between combat (obviously everyone gets that choice), medic, or communications. We were lucky enough to get the EXACT job he wanted which was 25Q (A big word for a guy who makes sure wires haven't been tapped and an all around cable and wireless frequency guy), not only did he get the job he wanted but he maxed out with a lovely 40grand bonus. It shall be a good christmas this year (we'll be seeing 20k of it in december). Really though, getting the max bonus AND the job he wanted was pure luck.

My sister joined the navy, but then found out at her last physical before she shipped off to what ever the navy basic training is, that she was pregnant. So.. they released her and what not. Either way, she scored the best in the engineering side of the ASVAB, so she got an engineer job. No I know none of you know my sister but no one in the family could even fathom her working this job because.. it's just not something she would want to do. She wanted to be a medic, but of course since you don't get a choice with the navy and since she scored highest in the engineering line score, she got engineer instead.
    For us, it was between the Navy and the Army but after doing research and what not. The Army was the best choice for him and his family (AKA me and our unborn child).