Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Big announcement for Final Fantasy VII very soon

Default Big announcement for Final Fantasy VII very soon

N4G.com : A big Announcement for Final Fantasy VII very soon.

According to Tetsuya Nomura a big announcement for FFVII will accompany the release date for FFVII advent children blu-ray edition.

It'll probably be announced at E3. Considering I enjoyed Crisis Core so much I'm actually interested about whats going to be announced. Maybe they can finally announce the remake to shut everyone up.

Haha, I highly doubt anyone will get the blue ray version of Advent Children but then again, it'll probably be snapped up by the fans which just makes me chuckle and sigh at the same time.

omg if its a remake!!! i am like totally gunna pass out and rob someone so i can buy a Ps3. I can just see it now! the world is ready for it.
    even if it isn't about a remake i'm still gunna be excited. I can't believe XII replaced VII as my fave last year. I was so lost but now i am found
    i don't care about the shame
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I'm all in favour of a remake, it'll finally shut them all up.

If it is a remake then a little part of me will die inside.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In b4 Nomura announces that FFVII will be ported to the PSP or something.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Probably an announcement about the next game of the Compilation. More likely, the "sequel" to Dirge of Cerberus.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think we'll be seeing any more sequels or anything xD

I'm thinking a remake of some sort. A remake would be pretty great! Put a bunch of extra stuff in there, too! New weapons, new minigames, new materia, a better outfit for Cloud that isn't purple, maybe a different battle system! Iunno if I want that to change or not. Then they can leave FFVII alone and never touch it again.

...and the remake would have to come on the Xbox 360 or Wii if not a handheld because I don't and probably never will have a PS3 ._.

A sequel is inevitable, Jessweeee♪. Just go to YouTube and search for Dirge of Cerberus' secret ending. Then you will understand.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I'm imagining a fairly huge sequel to conclude the compilation. Something that wraps up the (SPOILER)Genesis thread created by Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. Getting the whole gang back together again, plus the new characters they've picked up. It'd be a good way to end the series on a high note, with everything finally resolved.

Either that, or they'll just be announcing a re-release of the original game or whatever.

This could be interesting. I'm really hoping for a remake or maybe a sequel
    You honestly don't want to know about it...

Here's the article that the original link links to...
    Final Fantasy World
    Translated version of the article...
    Translated version of http://ffworld.com/?rub=news&page=voir&id=1108

Translated text..
    In an interview with Japanese magazine Dengeki PlayStation, Tetsuya Nomura offers some interesting details about Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete, Blu-ray version of the film out there is already a certain time. We thought so far only a few bits of footage had been added, but little information and a complete absence of release date proved to be quite strange. In fact, according to Nomura, these are passages of the whole scenario that have been added and others who have been modified. In the end, the film should win in length and density. The Japanese release date has been decided, but it will have to wait (probably to the event DK Σ3713 in early August) so that it is unveiled. Nomura also notes that a big announcement that should accompany the release date, without giving more details ... Such vagueness should encourage the wildest rumours.

Tetsuya Nomura is also rapidly on the development of Final Fantasy XIII Versus, a topic that had already provoked a general cafouillage a few weeks ago. The director of Thursday confides that the team is currently working above is very reduced, for the simple reason that the team is dedicated kinematics especially Advent Children Complete and programmers lend a hand to those of FFXIII. No, really, Versus XIII should not arrive before long ... As a consolation, we can expect to have FFXIII faster.

---

Here's another article...
    PS3 News: Square-Enix: "Big Announcement Prepared For FFVII"
    That article says that the announcement is related to FF VII and unrelated to FF VII: Advent Children Blu-Ray. Maybe they are announcing a new title in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series. Maybe they are announcing a remake/port of Final Fantasy VII. If they do this second option, that means that they will announce remakes of FF V and FF VI at the same time. Also, if the FF VII remake is announced, I wonder if it would be for DS 2 and/or PS 3? Oh and if it's announced for DS 2, that would be unlikely since DS 2 isn't announced yet. If so they'd just say they are developing for handheld but don't get specific on it.

This is big news coming up! ... on another note, it appears that the only rpg I'm looking forward to this Fall for Usa is Chrono Trigger. I just hope that they include Radical Dreamers!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

I will only accept a FFVII rhythm game set in the Honeybee Manor or an Animal Crossing clone. Any other announcement will be a disappointment.

I can't wait! We finally got the Blizzard Invitational over with where Diablo 3 was announced. Now we are all excited about E3 coming up but Square Enix is not putting their top new games there. They are having their own event in early August with their top games, we'll have to look forward to that! If Square Enix doesn't announce any signifigant information about Final Fantasy XIII in early August I'll be upset, I want information!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    ...and the remake would have to come on the Xbox 360 or Wii if not a handheld because I don't and probably never will have a PS3 ._.
    Considering he said it in a Playstation magazine should indicate it is going to be for PSP or PS3, if it is even a game. And FFVII was actually published by Sony so I doubt we'll see it arrive on Microsofts or Nintendo's console.