Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Big announcement for Final Fantasy VII very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Sony helped publish the original. So they have a certain amount of rights to it
    They also helped fund it. Sony have a lot of rights to FFVII so people shouldn't get their hopes up that anything FFVII related will appear on any platform other than a Sony platform. So people on here saying that a remake would appear on the Wii or 360 are being delusional. If it is a game they announce, and not a cell phone game for that matter, it'll be on the PSP or PS3. Considering they have just made a PSP game, I think it'll be on PS3.
    Or they're just tyring to be funny and/or cause fear and panic in the masses :}

S'what Hitler would do

Apparently on the 1up Yours podcast Shane mentions that representatives told him "Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft. At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

Well this announcement does coincide with the FFVII announcement doesn't it. I do have the suspicion that it'll be something lame like FFVII appearing on the PSN. But that wouldn't be huge or shocking would it. Ill let you lot decide.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Currently replaying FFVII at the moment and have been thinking more and more as I play through it that I would hate a remake of it because unless all they did was update the graphics so it looks nice and gave us some cool new skullskullskullskull like more Limit Breaks and Materia, it would just feel wrong. Well they could rewrite the story and make it make more sense and better than it is in the original but I'm mostly just thinking about gameplay. I don't want anything smurfed up or changed in the game mechanics at all. No horrifically skullskullskullskull battle system like FFXII, no change in the level up system or materia system or anything like that. It'd just take away from the feel of the game. The music as well. Part of me would like to hear an updated OST for it after hearing the OCRemix project for it but part of me knows the game wouldn't feel right at all without the ghetto old school music. Something incredibly warm and nostalgic and lovely about heading into Cosmo Canyon and hearing the song kick in and being mildly annoyed by Rupert's theme in Junon. Don't touch my god damn FFVII you bastards. I don't care what spinoffs or sequels you make because I have mostly ignored them but don't mess with the original.

If Square were to remake FFVII they would have to go all out. New battle system and everything. They would also have to be careful not to alienate FFVII's fans and keep its nostalgic feel to keep everyone happy.

Its a daunting task so no wonder Square are hesitant to make it. But it'll still generate a ton of cash, bad or not. So Square will always be thinking about it and are probably thinking of ideas and concepts for it everyday. Waiting for the moment they have everything right to announce it. And then the internet explodes.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF7 Themed MMO

Fans orgasm

Haters heart failure
    That was gonna be my post. It'd be hilarious to have happen but also potentially super cool if they did it right.

I mean, just thinking about running around in a fully-detailed Midgar seems like it'd be fun...

I don't deny it. I just said it as a joke because its completely unlikely

I'm more with DK on the remake thing. They'd have to do everything in their power to maintain the nostalgic factor. Basically just make it everything we were pretending it was as we played anyway

Though I gotta say I quite liked the Lego stick figure character sprites

But yeah. They'd have to keep the cenimatic battles and whatnot

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    FF7 Themed MMO

Fans orgasm

Haters heart failure
    That was gonna be my post. It'd be hilarious to have happen but also potentially super cool if they did it right.

I mean, just thinking about running around in a fully-detailed Midgar seems like it'd be fun...
    I'm not much of an MMORPG fan but I'd go out & get one based in the FFVII universe.

Maybe the "shocking announcement" is that, instead of a remake, they will make an anime(in OVA format) about FFVII's story. It would be like a remake, but not a real remake.
    That would be pretty "shocking" to everyone, I think.

Actually I too would love to see an anime series based around FF7's story.

Also if 4kids dubbed it, it would accidentally become funnier too.

-Shudders on what Barrett would sound like-

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    <-- Take it from my little friend to the left.
    Do not lose your braincells!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Though I gotta say I quite liked the Lego stick figure character sprites
    Oh God I figured it out

They're making Lego FFVII

skullskullskullskull yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Maybe the "shocking announcement" is that, instead of a remake, they will make an anime(in OVA format) about FFVII's story. It would be like a remake, but not a real remake.
    That would be pretty "shocking" to everyone, I think.
    It'd be even better once they found out that not all gamer's watch anime. To be quite honest, if there was an FFVI anime, I prolly wouldn't watch it, not because it would be bad, but because I guess I would see the game as more "real" than I would with a whole bunch of anime emotion stereotypes like "^^." or "^^'" or "T T", and that's even WITH THE FACT that those anime things are implied in the game!

And then even even better is once they found out that those that DO watch anime are going to "Q.Q" when it gets American dubbed.

Currently Playing: FFXIII Stunt's Avatar

PSLS is claiming to have knowledge very soon: Final Fantasy exclusive info coming very soon [UPDATE] « PlayStation LifeStyle

They've been spot on on a few things in the past.

STUNT

eeeheheeeeehhhh come on let it be true, it is time!!!
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Their 'exclusive info' (which is unsourced, incidentally) tells us a number of things: The new FFVII title might be a PS3 remake, or a PS3 spinoff, and a re-release of the original game for download.

I really don't see where they got this from; it matches a lot of the speculation in this thread, so they might simply have made the most realistic assumptions about what the 'big announcement' will be.