Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trumpeteering

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/music/trumpet - c-scale.mp3">have an mp3</a>

<span style ="font-size: 6pt;">by clicking the above link you are agreeing to not hold me liable for any aural damage that occurs to you</span>
    You sound like you're splurting. One stream of air for the whole scale, only interrupting by tonguing. You also shouldn't be having to change your embouchure between F and G. If you need to that probably means both are incorrect. Don't worry about trying to hit third-space C, that will come with practice. Trying to go too high before you're supposed to can lead to both pressing and (as you seem to have pointed out) changing your embouchure as opposed to letting the air flow faster. Mess with middle C-G, doing it with one airflow, not separate airflows for each note. You make sound by buzzing, but getting a steady airflow through the instrument is just as important, as well as an appropriate embouchure.

(Learning wind instruments is pretty hard without a teacher, as you're much more likely to develop bad habits than with other types of instruments)

I've played piano on and off since I was about 5 or 6. I took lessons until I was 10 or 11, and it wasn't until I quit that I began to enjoy the instrument.

I played French Horn in Concert and Marching Band from 6th-11th grade, and also dabbled some in Trumpet. I did not enjoy being told what to play (similar to my experience in piano), but now that I've quit I don't actually own either instrument, even though I may enjoy it some now.

My love is for the acoustic guitar, though, which I started when I was about 15, teaching myself how to fingerpick by listening to my favorite folk artists. I've not had lessons (and probably never will), but I've gotten good enough to get paid to play it, I guess, so that's something.

I also am a vocalist, though never <i>a capella</i>. I need my guitar. I took a few voice lessons from my piano teacher back when I was about 10, because I loved to sing but had no sense of pitch. Basically, those lessons gave me a semblance of pitch and the rest took off from there. I love to sing, and people tell me that I have a nice voice quite often.

So yeah... I like music.

I've blown quite a few trumpets in my time.

I have played the drums for about 4 years now. I'm in a band!
    I'm also trying to teach myself bass, because it's way easier than guitar. No ugly chords to worry about.

Also, Avarice-ness: You probably shouldn't buy an electronic drum kit unless it was specifically asked for. They invariably sound awful and synthetic.

I don't know how to play any instruments.. at all! - and it sucks big time! I'd love to be able to play the piano and/or guitar. It'd be so great.

Blog Entries

I play some keyboard and guitar but theyre both the most common instruments ever so on any type of comparrison to the average skill level I am excessively lame. Though I think i get a good sound of them which is really all that matters and honestly some of the really complex piano songs and guitar solos though impressive in thier skill level and complication sound totally crap to me.

I have a violin I found in the garage but I can usually only get one okay sounding note out if im lucky.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I took lessons for flute, guitar and saxophone (in that order), but I got fed up with all of them. The lessons, that is, I've always enjoyed playing and learning to play.

I tried to teach myself ocarina over the web but I quickly found out my ocarina was mostly ornamental.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

A recorder... I know how to one-hand play the piano....

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Guru View Post
    I have played the drums for about 4 years now. I'm in a band!
    I'm also trying to teach myself bass, because it's way easier than guitar. No ugly chords to worry about.

Also, Avarice-ness: You probably shouldn't buy an electronic drum kit unless it was specifically asked for. They invariably sound awful and synthetic.
    He wants it, it's the exact drum kit he'd play every single time we'd go to Guitar Center, even with the actual drum sets there, he'd go to this one. The only thing that annoyed him was the cost but now he doesn't care, and don't worry I'm not paying -that- much money for something that sounds like crap.

electric noodle recorded acoustic via trashy cellphone at 12am wooo
    Attached Files Attached Files

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Guru View Post
    You'd be surprised.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!