Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: REJOICE! For Xbox360 will see FFXIII!

How do I ignore you?

In your user CP, then go to ignore list. You aren't the first to ignore him and won't be the last.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    The more DVDs, the more Microsoft charges.
    If Microsoft wants to stay competitive with Sony, I doubt they'll charge Square much for extra discs and I doubt the Xbox version will be more expensive than the PS3 version.
    You're right, Microsoft SHOULDN'T charge extra.
    Do anyone think that Microsoft will charge extra for extra discs?

Microsoft wouldn't charge extra for a few more discs. They would probably use that money to tempt Square to fit the game on a dual layered disc. And that's never going to happen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

^ but you gotta wonder about at what point they will.

MGS4 would've been 6 dual-layered DVD's. And that's not even a long game. We're talkin about an RPG here, if length is any indicator, not to mention in FFXIII's technical specs are greater than MGS4's, I wouldn't put it past them to make the game 2 BD's, as insane as that sounds. How many DVD's would they have to make for MS to heighten the price?

I'm not trying to spark debate, only that this is a very interesting event, the nonexclusivity of FFXIII, and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I suppose they coud revert back to the system they had on PSone, and spread the game over several disks. I really don't care how they do it, because it won't affect me. As I've said earlier, I'll just be irritated if they shorten the game because of the porting issue.

I think MGS can't be really used as a comparison. Wasn't there one FMV that was half an hour long?

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Resistance 2 will take a Dual-Layer BD.

About FMV/CGs, the PS3 plays everything in real time, so there won't be any CGs on the PS3 version, just like in the trailers. There will be cutscenes like were used to, no downscaling in the PS3 version since it's all the game.

Also, Pioneer invented a 500GB BD, 20 layers, compatible with current existing Blu-Ray Disc Player. Not sure how that actually works, but it seem to work without problems. Not sure who would use a 500GB BD other than people burning Blu-Ray Discs.

All I hope is that Square-Enix implements Sixaxis Motion-Sensor in Final Fantasy XIII...

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

OMG <3

If it's going to be released on 360, then Versus XIII should do the same. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't, anyway.

There's a rumor that it will cause a delay because they will release XIII for PS3 and 360 in Europe and NA at the same time and that they haven't began working on the 360 version yet. Then again, there's another rumor that they won't release it at the same time. Gotta have to wait and see.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Then again, there's another rumor that they won't release it at the same time. Gotta have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by EoFF Front Page
    At Microsoft's E3 2008 press conference, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada announced that Final Fantasy XIII will see a simultaneous release on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. How's that for big news?
    :o

Gameplayer 080725 FFXIII

Is he a crazy-ass-hardcore-XIII-PS3 fan boi- author? Or is he actually right?

You tell me. The author has made vaild points, but honestly I don't know. Since they have been working on the PS3 version for a while, so it wouldn't make sense if they have decided to release it at the same time for Europe and NA all because of the 360 version.

So I'm inclined to believe that Square Enix are on drugs, very POWERFUL drugs! Let's wait until they become sober and tell us the official announcement!

I can't say I'm completly surprised about the number of bitching Sony fanboys, but I am surprised that I'm not surprised; after all, despite the number of rabid Sony fans on other forums that use Final Fantasy to justify the PS3, Final Fantasy wasn't always a Sony exclusive, so I was prepared to see that the actual Final Fantasy fans might take the news a little more level-headedly.

I could turn this into a whole thing concerning the distubution of games and how a multi-console system will always be bad for the market, and that any steps towards multiplatform games (or, indeed, digital distubution) is a step in the right direction, but I'll save you the rant. All I'll point out is that now more people can expiriance Final Fantasy XIII, and in my books that is a good thing.

Can't hurt Squares profit margins either

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Then again, there's another rumor that they won't release it at the same time. Gotta have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by EoFF Front Page
    At Microsoft's E3 2008 press conference, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada announced that Final Fantasy XIII will see a simultaneous release on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. How's that for big news?
    :o
    Keyword = "Rumor"

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Gameplayer 080725 FFXIII

Is he a crazy-ass-hardcore-XIII-PS3 fan boi- author? Or is he actually right?

You tell me. The author has made vaild points, but honestly I don't know. Since they have been working on the PS3 version for a while, so it wouldn't make sense if they have decided to release it at the same time for Europe and NA all because of the 360 version.

So I'm inclined to believe that Square Enix are on drugs, very POWERFUL drugs! Let's wait until they become sober and tell us the official announcement!
    The differences between the two systems are much more distinct than possibly any generation has been. Games optimized for the XBOX360 cannot be ported to the PS3, for RAM reasons, and the opposite is true, for processing reasons. Well, they can be ported, just with significant cuts and alterations in the design, which can ultimately result in the transition falling apart.

So, FFXIII would not be the first game to hit a brick wall during the porting. Nomura stated it would "take full advantage of the PS3", so with the above information, it's really in doubt. I'm wondering if the development team actually did research into whether the game could be ported, or if Yoichi Wada got all excited and said "$$$$$$$$!!!" Not to mention the fact that the team working on XIII probably has little knowledge of the 360. Again, it's alot of questions and it's interesting to see how this unique generation plays out.

Yeah, it's a bit like a hiccup. I'm pretty sure that most PS3 owners have felt the same. They are expected to play XIII early when it comes out, and now, they have found out that the whole thing is going to be delayed again due to the 360 porting.

Damn, I wish I knew Japanese, so that I can buy the Japanese version when it comes out. There's a confirmation that XIII is exclusive only to PS3 in Japan. Lucky, aren't they!?

Articles
    Blog Entries

More like selfish!