Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: REJOICE! For Xbox360 will see FFXIII!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This is horrible news. Its gonna drag the game down, just wait for it.
    First its gonna delay the game, and then SE are gonna have to make both games equal which will drag the PS3 version down. They are going to have to limit it to the size of a DVD9. Well it will probably be multi-disk but there are still certain limitations when thats the case. MGS4 was already a full Blu-Ray, and this makes you happy? Well obviously it does cause you dont have to shell out more money to buy a PS3, but it makes me angry, and not because I want bragging rights.
    This game has now gone down the drain.
    The 360 had plenty of good games without having to steal ours with their bloody money.
    Their whole conference was about stealing.
    Its all turned into damn money nothing about innovation.

I dont give a crap about fanboyism I would happily buy a 360 if I had more money, doesnt mean that this doesnt annoy me.
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-15-2008 at 02:04 PM.

I doubt it is so much that Microsoft bribed Squeenix as much as Squeenix saying "hey, we can make MORE money doing this!"

If you bought a PS3 specifically for this game, that seems like a bit of a stupid move on your part (general "you"). The game isn't even out yet, not to mention no speculative release date has been announced. If you've bought a PS3, KEEP IT! It will still be released for the PS3, and of you think that the PS3 is that much better than an Xbox, you can brag all you want about your
    "better" version.

It sounds like whining now, and frankly I'm finding it annoying.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Im happy more people will be able to enjoy the game. However the game is likely to get dumbed down and/or delayed, whether thats just for the xbox360 or both versions remains to be seen. The possibility of delays AND limitations annoys me. And yes of course we are whining, thats generally what you do when you are annoyed. Its just as annoying hearing people say that someone is not allowed to be annoyed or angry at this.

I find it annoying because I want competition between the consoles to be more equal. Fact is, PS3 hardly has anything going for it and stuff like this (not this alone) could mean the end of some great consoles.

Yeah buying a PS3 just for FFXIII would of been a pretty stupid move. Even if there werent all these rumours etc, the game was still far off.

If the game turns out to be just as good as it could have been had it remained a PS3 exclusive im happy to admit being wrong, but its just annoying to see and wait this one out because SE have made some horrible games lately and the potential is there for a major cock-up.
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-15-2008 at 02:28 PM.

As stated elsewhere. The game doesn't look like anything the 360 couldn't handle anyway. Thinking Squeenix is going to edit the hell out of it to make it fit on a DVD? I'm sure they're going to make it for PS3 first, and no matter how big it turns out to be, they'll do the port after. So no unnecessary editing. The 360 version will just have more disks. Which is no big deal. None of it is a big deal

Not to mention that apparently this has been known for over a year now..

Also, Versus will -not- be on the 360. Or any other part of the XIII Saga. Just XIII itself is being ported. The rest will remain exclusive so if this is about pride and prejudice, the PS3 owners still get to feel elitist about that if they want. Though I don't think its necessary

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No this isnt about pride and prejudice as ive already said. This is about console competition being completely not equal. I wouldnt want it going the other way either. I wouldnt want the PS3 to sell billions of consoles and 360 and Wii selling nothing because it means less competition and less innovation, thats all im saying.

I dont care as much as im letting through in this thread, im just trying to prove a point.

Maybe you think im like this guy?:
    Final Fantasy XIII: Final Fantasy XIII Is A Traitor, Square Must Apologise
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-15-2008 at 02:40 PM.

This whole thing should teach us all something about corporation "loyalty" and "promises".
    It's good that more people will get a chance to play the game.
    Personally i don't care if the game gets to be delayed,i have too many games to play anyway.And the thing about "maxing out the PS3"?Well i never believed that they could do that even if it was PS3 exclusive.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If anyone said maxing out that must of been an exaggeration because we wont be seeing any maxing out on either console for a while.

Another thing. People saying "Does this change anything for you" and "This is just whining".
    Fact is losing exclusivity shouldnt be a big deal, but when its such a one-sided affair, namely 360 getting all once-exclusive PS games (I know FF used to be on the NES/Snes), and the PS3 getting NOTHING so far apart from Bioshock which doesnt interest me greatly and Oblivion (which in hindsight wasnt a very fun game for me), makes it a whole different situation and one someone probably couldnt understand if he or she:
    A) Owns a 360
    B) Owns a 360 and a PS3

Why would you care? I wouldnt if I had all the consoles, its understandable. But why am I not allowed to care? People get labelled as fanboys way too quickly.
    Did I make the wrong purchase? Maybe, who knows.

So if you own a 360 you are obviously happy, and you must be thinking, why would anyone be angry about losing exclusivity, you still get to play the game. Obviously this is what you WOULD think when all gone-to-multiplats make life better for 360 gamers while PS3 gamers gets nothing in return.

I just watched the conference, I probably have to say the overrall cockiness of MS and Wada now annoys me more than anything else. Sony's cocky too, but Sony as a brand didnt exactly have a place in my heart or anything, so I couldnt care less. I dont care about MS either. SE on the otherhand, well, its obvious every coorparation has some a$$holes, and its a bigger impact when two a$$holes merge into one massive a$$hole. Its like some damn x-rated version of Locoroco.

Bah whatever, im more happy about my Uni results from yesterday (scraped through my first semester lol) than I am annoyed about this today.

/self-righteous rant
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-15-2008 at 03:57 PM.

This whole thing should teach us all something about corporation "loyalty" and "promises".
    That's cute.

I find this to be good news. This could save people alot of money for those who were planning to get a PS3 just for this game alone and already have a 360.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

This is almost making me sell my PS3. I keep hearing good games either going on the 360 or getting ported to the 360. I thought MGS4 and FFXIII were good reasons to get a PS3, but I guess not anymore. It just doesn't make sense. The PS3 is the better system despite it's price, from a technical POV and a durability POV. You hardly ever hear about PS3 malfunctions, but with the 360 it happens all the time.

I don't know; I just feel bad for Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    If anyone said maxing out that must of been an exaggeration because we wont be seeing any maxing out on either console for a while.

Another thing. People saying "Does this change anything for you" and "This is just whining".
    Fact is losing exclusivity shouldnt be a big deal, but when its such a one-sided affair, namely 360 getting all once-exclusive PS games (I know FF used to be on the NES/Snes), and the PS3 getting NOTHING so far apart from Bioshock which doesnt interest me greatly and Oblivion (which in hindsight wasnt a very fun game for me), makes it a whole different situation and one someone probably couldnt understand if he or she:
    A) Owns a 360
    B) Owns a 360 and a PS3

Why would you care? I wouldnt if I had all the consoles, its understandable. But why am I not allowed to care? People get labelled as fanboys way too quickly.
    Did I make the wrong purchase? Maybe, who knows.

So if you own a 360 you are obviously happy, and you must be thinking, why would anyone be angry about losing exclusivity, you still get to play the game. Obviously this is what you WOULD think when all gone-to-multiplats make life better for 360 gamers while PS3 gamers gets nothing in return.

I just watched the conference, I probably have to say the overrall cockiness of MS and Wada now annoys me more than anything else. Sony's cocky too, but Sony as a brand didnt exactly have a place in my heart or anything, so I couldnt care less. I dont care about MS either. SE on the otherhand, well, its obvious every coorparation has some a$$holes, and its a bigger impact when two a$$holes merge into one massive a$$hole. Its like some damn x-rated version of Locoroco.

Bah whatever, im more happy about my Uni results from yesterday (scraped through my first semester lol) than I am annoyed about this today.

/self-righteous rant
    I own only a 360. So I sound one-sided too. But I'm just trying to be objective. It has less to do with the systems and more to do with the games. And this exclusivity bit... well. Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, and Oblivion? Some could argue those were stolen away from their systems and thus tainting the competition waters..

I'm just trying to help people see the big picture. Sony may lose the console battle. Not because they may lose one game. But because their marketing platform. They had to be the best, and thus the most expensive, and hardest to develop for. Its a gamble they knew they were taking in the beginning. Its not really anyone else's fault if they're suffering

And quite honestly I think Sony will win the war in the end. Just like they did last time. PS2 STANK when it first came out. Most buyers in Japan got it as a glorified DVD player. Which is exactly what happened here. People like having a cheaper Blu Ray player with lots of bells and whistles. But once companies like Sony and Konami and stuff start breaking into the system potential, it's all going to just get better. Same as last generation

And if Xbox had any Asian appeal, that's what would have happened for them. That was pretty much Tecmo's only reason. They wanted power and beauty and the XBox was the only one that could give it to them. Like Konami now for MGS4

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I still see this asa bad move. Most of these 360 owners probably wouldn't be interested in the game like so many others weren't 21 years ago. I say keeping exclusive to PS3 could market it to be something substantial and breathtaking that could get no where else, but on the PS3. That's the sole reason I wanted a PS3 in the 1st place, because FF was something that changed my life and it's peak potential that I experienced was on the Sony PS console which no other game at the time could handle.

I also don't quite get why I haven't heard about RE5 going to the Wii.

I seem to remember the same sort of thing happening about 5 years ago... Remember the Gamecube? Good console but the PS2 completly ruled the console scene and got all the good games.

Frankly I don't care about all this competition rubbish, I have a 360, yet before I had a 360 I was never going to get a PS3 as none of the released, or rumoured releases appealed to me. Microsoft have the upper hand, have designed a better console and will get the better games.

Frankly I am happy this has happened, I can play FFVIII on a great console and enjoy it

Trust No one

Um, how do you know for sure that most 360 owners wouldn't be interested in playing it? Oh nevermind, this is getting ridiculous.

@ other post above this.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I still see this asa bad move. Most of these 360 owners probably wouldn't be interested in the game like so many others weren't 21 years ago.
    Sorry? but that is the stupidest response ever! The 360 is far more popular than the original XBOX. Look at some of the recent popular games namely LOST ODYSSEY (might I say created by the original SE folk) which is hugely popular in the UK charts and is a fantastic game!

(sorry for the rant but this made me laugh so much I had to say something)

Trust No one