Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: REJOICE! For Xbox360 will see FFXIII!

Rpgamer.com had a Final Fantasy XIII poll the other day I think. Where's the link to the results?

I'm more likely to get the Xbox 360 version of FF XIII now I think.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    I think every game should be available on as many consoles as possible anyway.
    Thoses 360 guys claims "Well, it's the gamer who wins in this"
    No, they don't.
    Because then Microsoft goes off elsewhere and buys off 3 more exclusivities.
    The real anwser is that they are screwing with sony and the feeling of the gamer.
    Microsoft couldn't care less about others nor the games nor the bs they're doing to other people, including there own kind. X360 in particular.
    Well, in any case, I'm not letting this get to me.
    I'll continue to promote the game dispite thoses X360 players bashing out the game either way. You know, like they bashed Devil May Cry 4. Only Final Fantasy fans would have the guts to speak good of this game if they are X360 players ...
    Jeez...it's just a game, get over it. You really think Sony gives a damn about it's gamers? Cause they all have the same objective which is to get money by any means possible.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Not really "by any means possible" but anyone who thinks Sony is crying because it's children have to share their game is deluding themselves. They're probably pissed that consumers have lost a reason to buy a PS3 over a 360. That's about it.

However, no company has as much of a disregard for it's customers as Microsoft, even with the Xbox 360. This much should be obvious. Not because of anything to do with Final Fantasy, but because of the inferior hardware they put on the market and their refusal for so long to actually fix it. (Taking your console for a month and putting in the same poor-quality parts is not a fix, sorry. Even if they do it as much as you want for three years.) Also, because they think the extra features in Xbox Live are worth $50 per year. And because of their horrible DRM issues. And other stuff.

This is exactly why it doesn't matter how many exclusives Sony loses, or how many Microsoft gets. I don't spend hundreds of dollars on poor quality hardware, and I don't give my money to companies that put it out if I can help it. That's called being a sensible consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    I think every game should be available on as many consoles as possible anyway.
    Thoses 360 guys claims "Well, it's the gamer who wins in this"
    No, they don't.
    Because then Microsoft goes off elsewhere and buys off 3 more exclusivities.
    The real anwser is that they are screwing with sony and the feeling of the gamer.
    Microsoft couldn't care less about others nor the games nor the bs they're doing to other people, including there own kind. X360 in particular.
    Well, in any case, I'm not letting this get to me.
    I'll continue to promote the game dispite thoses X360 players bashing out the game either way. You know, like they bashed Devil May Cry 4. Only Final Fantasy fans would have the guts to speak good of this game if they are X360 players ...
    The gamers do win this. Multi-platform games promote competition, thus making companies fight for players' attention, therefore doing things customers like. This can mean better games and lower prices.

Forum goers: Please stop adding your own false justifications to say that Final Fantasy XIII going to Xbox is bad for business. It is not. If you want to play the game on the PS3, then by all means do so. I have neither an Xbox 360 or a PS3 and I'm still undecided. I'll buy the system that I'm buying specifically for XIII closer to the release date, not only to save money but also to make sure that one version isn't better than another.

I still have yet for anyone to provide any evidence that the 360's specs are inherently worse that the PS3. When you do that, we'll talk. The only proof I've seen is the comparison between DVD-DL and Bluray, which I provided. The only downside I can see to that is more discs on the 360 version, which did work for FF games in the past.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yari, its all one sided, so it is bad for business. Its good business for SE, and the 360, but bad for the PS3. And, this is a gross exaggeration as one game does not decide this but, if stuff like this causes the PS3 to go out of business, that means less competition, if it doesnt, business is still good. This has been the case for eons though. It was bad for business when the PS2 was outselling everything. No one wanted the Dreamcast to die, it was a brilliant machine. Dont know if that was because of the PS2 or not but anyway, do you get my point?
    If everything was multiplatform, there wouldnt be a need for mutliple consoles. And if one consoles gets all the games another console had before and the other doesnt get anything in return, then there also is no need for multiple consoles. No multiple consoles = bad for business.

But yeah, saying all of this will happen just because of FFXIII is stupid.
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-19-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I doubt Sony is seriously going to be bankrupt cause the PS3 failed, its not like they are exclusively a console developer like Nintendo or Sega. I love how no one cried foul when Sony's Blu-Ray pushed HD DVD out of market. If the PS3 fails, I see it as Sony's fault. Not SE, not Microsoft. Sony walked into this console generation as a pompous ass that felt it could do no wrong, they talked some smack, made some unrealistic promises and failed to see their third party developers were having issues with their hardware. The company itself has fumbled the PS3 and its sad for the fans but sometimes you have to realize that once you reach the top there is only one place to go from there... down.

This is not to say I feel Microsoft is any better. Hell, I feel all three companies have seriously dropped the ball this generation and I was hoping to see a glimmer of hope that all three would wake up and fix their issues. Microsoft still seems in the dark about their shoddy design and inability to choose who their target demograph is.

Nintendo may have started digging their own grave; especially when they realize that the "super casual market" most likely feels the Wii is a nice fad. You know, like they did to Video Games before in the late-70's.:rolleyes2 Losing all their high profile, third party exclusives like FFXIII, GTAIV, and DMC4 should be a wake up call to Sony. If their executives are halfway smart, we should be seeing some heavy handed ass kissing for the next few years... both cheeks.

Truthfully, I feel its going to get worse before it gets better.

Articles

Im happy! whooooooooooooo!
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!
    lol wtf *changes channel*

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hmm...after seeing some Little Big Planet stuff, I think I'll get a PS3 anyway.

...but this is still cool and fantastic news.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I doubt Sony is seriously going to be bankrupt cause the PS3 failed, its not like they are exclusively a console developer like Nintendo or Sega. I love how no one cried foul when Sony's Blu-Ray pushed HD DVD out of market. If the PS3 fails, I see it as Sony's fault. Not SE, not Microsoft. Sony walked into this console generation as a pompous ass that felt it could do no wrong, they talked some smack, made some unrealistic promises and failed to see their third party developers were having issues with their hardware. The company itself has fumbled the PS3 and its sad for the fans but sometimes you have to realize that once you reach the top there is only one place to go from there... down.

This is not to say I feel Microsoft is any better. Hell, I feel all three companies have seriously dropped the ball this generation and I was hoping to see a glimmer of hope that all three would wake up and fix their issues. Microsoft still seems in the dark about their shoddy design and inability to choose who their target demograph is.

Nintendo may have started digging their own grave; especially when they realize that the "super casual market" most likely feels the Wii is a nice fad. You know, like they did to Video Games before in the late-70's.:rolleyes2 Losing all their high profile, third party exclusives like FFXIII, GTAIV, and DMC4 should be a wake up call to Sony. If their executives are halfway smart, we should be seeing some heavy handed ass kissing for the next few years... both cheeks.

Truthfully, I feel its going to get worse before it gets better.
    I think you completely misunderstood my post if your were refering to that...

I think Croyles is the only one thinking straight here. FFXIII becoming multi-platform is bad because its drawing both the 360 and PS3 closer together in terms of software. Big exclusives are important for the industry and the consumer. I own both a 360 and a PS3 and I think it was a pointless decision.

Its now become a money game and its come down to who has a bigger wallet between Sony and Microsoft. And because Microsoft are so aggressive and lack any sort of sportsmanship whatsoever its going to make it difficult for the consumer in the long run. Who's to say FFXIV will even be on a Sony platform. Square's interest is in money and Microsoft are likely to lay down a handsome sum for it to be fully exclusive to the 360 or their next platform. This uncertainty makes it difficult for us buyers as we probably won't know what console we really want till late in the game.
    Last edited by Dreddz; 07-20-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    I think Croyles is the only one thinking straight here. FFXIII becoming multi-platform is bad because its drawing both the 360 and PS3 closer together in terms of software. Big exclusives are important for the industry and the consumer. I own both a 360 and a PS3 and I think it was a pointless decision.

Its now become a money game and its come down to who has a bigger wallet between Sony and Microsoft. And because Microsoft are so aggressive and lack any sort of sportsmanship whatsoever its going to make it difficult for the consumer in the long run. Who's top say FFXIV will even be on a Sony platform. Square's interest is in money and Microsoft are likely to lay down a handsome sum for it to be fully exclusive to the 360 or their next platform. This uncertainty makes it difficult for us buyers as we probably won't know what console we really want till late in the game.
    Yeah, and when FFVII came out, it abandoned the Nintendo consoles in exchange for Sony's. So what? Square isn't that stupid. They do care about the gamers, not because they actually give a damn about them as people, but because the gamers are the ones who buy their products. No matter how much money Microsoft tosses at them, it isn't anything compared to what they make from game sales. If Microsoft takes them on as a console exclusive, again, so what? They'll work with Microsoft, and when Microsoft starts to make stupid business decisions, Square will find a new company to work with, just as they left Nintendo, and just as they are distancing themselves for Sony. If Sony wants to keep them, they'll have to get their heads out of the sand and revamp their systems. If Sony had famous companies like Square-Enix that worked for them exclusively and there was no threat of losing them, they would have no incentive to change or fix any problems. The console companies have to compete to keep the game designers as much as they have to compete to keep gamers.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'll admit a future with no exclusives equates to no competition and therefore little (if any) innovation.

And I'm glad at least Roto's hate isn't pinned on jealousy. Its facts. That I can live with

Fear's okay too I suppose but this is still just a tad irrational

FFXIII doesn't define the future of exclusives. It might, yes. But I doubt its the beginning of the end

Nobody moaned like this whenever Sony acquired a previously exclusive game :[ Which is why I know its just irrational fears and a touch of fanboyism

I'm sorry FFXIII isn't exclusive anymore

The rest of its saga, however, is

As is the current FF money-tree franchise still Sony's

Sony will live. And (I'm sure) so will the idea of exclusivity

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

....why do I feel like I'm playing Mafia here?

o_o

Seriously, I was gonna vote for someone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    ....why do I feel like I'm playing Mafia here?

o_o

Seriously, I was gonna vote for someone!
    Who were you going to vote for? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Nobody moaned like this whenever Sony acquired a previously exclusive game :[ Which is why I know its just irrational fears and a touch of fanboyism
    Well to be honest you don't hear of Sony acquiring many exclusives as of late. They only lose them.......to Microsoft. And the difference between Sony acquiring exclusives and Microsoft acquiring exclusives is that Microsoft in most cases bribes the developers while Sony are just given them. Sony efforts are focused on their first party developers which is good because the games won't be able to appear on any other platform and gives the PS3 more of an identity.

And I'm pretty sure I showed my dissatisfaction when Bioshock was coming to PS3 as that was a defining game for the 360 and the best reason to own one.