Articles
    Blog Entries

You, religion-less theist-thing...

: "If only he had joined a mainstream religion, like Oprahism or Voodoo."

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not religious at all.

I don't believe in god AND I'm not an atheist. So there.

And for some advice that should not be taken the wrong way, go watch the movie "zeitgeist" either on youtube or wherever, It is the only video I have ever seen that can and does, for a fact, prove christianity (and other religions related and not) as 100% wrong. (only in the religious section of the movie, of course)

EDIT: Start with this part if you are interested in watching. YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie - 2 of 13 (Part 1 of 3 on Religion)
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 07-15-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added information

I am a theist. I'm just undecided on which.

Lone Wolf Leonhart: If you aren't religious at all, then you are atheist. That is the whole definition of the term. "a-" means without and "theism" is religion.

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend letting a documentary do your thinking for you, especially when the film is supposed to be exposing religious deception, when it uses deception in its own ways...
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Yar; 07-15-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post

And for some advice that should not be taken the wrong way, go watch the movie "zeitgeist" either on youtube or wherever, It is the only video I have ever seen that can and does, for a fact, prove christianity (and other religions related and not) as 100% wrong. (only in the religious section of the movie, of course)
    That didn't 'prove' anything except that you are blindly following what a documentary told you, despite that there's no 'proof' in it, aside from some theories someone came up with that seems like 100% opinionated verbal excrement to me. It looks like a silly propaganda film if you ask me.

You're basing your so-called 'facts' off of opinions.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not religious at all.

I don't believe in god AND I'm not an atheist. So there.
    First of all, not believing in god makes you an atheist. An atheist does not believe in the concept of a deity. Being anti-religious isn't atheistic, being liberal isn't even close, but not believing in god. Unless, you are an atheistic Buddhist or such like, in that case, you somehow are not an atheist by title.

And you shouldn't base your beliefs on a film, especially documentaries. They are always biased on religious topics. Not too say do not watch them, they are educational and can make you think, but never base your beliefs solely on it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd like to point out that on the documentaries official web page, there are actual Sources and references taken from other places, which you can look up yourself. This isn't something made up off of the top of the creators head. As I expected, there is alot of religious people here who easily get offended when something questions there storybook with good evidence, facts, and resources.

However, take everything from me with a grain of salt, I don't want to make some big argument about it.

By the way, if it isn't right for me to believe something based off of a documentary stated with facts, then it certainly isn't okay for you to believe a religion based off of a primative book with no historical documents other than itself.

Come on you guys, take it to PM's! This is EoEO hatred feeling I am sensing!

^^ Lol!

Anyway, I haven't a religion, but if I could have one, I might have Hinduism, it seems to be very relevant to my interests.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guys, we got rid of EoTW because people kept being mean and flamey! Chill out a little xD

Or I'll have to archive GC forever ;_;

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'd like to point out that on the documentaries official web page, there are actual Sources and references taken from other places, which you can look up yourself. This isn't something made up off of the top of the creators head. As I expected, there is alot of religious people here who easily get offended when something questions there storybook with good evidence, facts, and resources.

However, take everything from me with a grain of salt, I don't want to make some big argument about it.

By the way, if it isn't right for me to believe something based off of a documentary stated with facts, then it certainly isn't okay for you to believe a religion based off of a primative book with no historical documents other than itself.
    At least I have the fortitude to question my own religion to figure out what I do and don't agree with, and then altered my beliefs to what I feel is right while following the same basic principle. Because of this, I believe that people have the right to believe what they want to believe, but that it is wrong to say that what someone else is entirely wrong. Your right to punch ends where the recipient's body begins.

Furthermore, I don't care about your 'evidence'. There is no solid evidence if there are higher beings over us or not. Every belief on that issue is based on theories, not facts. I never said my beliefs were right. It's just what I believe. I never said you were wrong in what you believe, either. I am saying, however, that you are wrong in saying that some piece of propaganda can prove many religion 100% wrong based on facts theories.

I'm done here. I can't stand these threads because of statements like what you said.

Articles
    Blog Entries

One more, I swear!

I'm not offended, but I have seen a (small) portion of the film, and I'm not impressed, to be frank.

You assume I follow a book. I assure you I do not. While I love, respect, and take lessons from religions, I believe only in their deities, and that the books are simply pieces of poorly translated history and parables. And even if I did, it seems a tad bit more credible than a film of people showcasing and using typical and overused arguments that merely challanges and questions religious ideals, and gives no concrete proof of a nonexistant deity. It's a typical atheistic fallacy. Then again, I've only seen the first few minutes, so it would be rather silly for me to complain.

EDIT-Momiji pretty much said what I wanted to say, there's no reason to get more off-topic.
    Last edited by Laddy; 07-15-2008 at 03:16 AM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

However much you wish to deny it, coherent theories, rational thought, and an application of logic trump belief. Also, Laddy, l2logic. Burden of proof rests with the positive claimant. You have to prove there is, nobody has to prove there isn't until you've proven there is.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

i believe that there is an almighty god,but i also believ there are lesser gods such as the one budhists, hindus, the greeks and etc, believed in. and that would explain different races, eatch god wanted humans to be in there image, do they eatch created there own kind. thats how i see it