Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the Midst of the 360 Debacle, We Have A New Trailer

Default In the Midst of the 360 Debacle, We Have A New Trailer

So, here's that Final Fantasy XIII trailer ... - PS3 Fanboy

Enjoy, discuss, rant, etc. Put it here.

lol storm troopers

Yeah, sure is a debacle. What with the game going exclusively over to the 360 and all.

Wait, what's that you say? It's still coming out on the PS3? At the same time at that?

Console fanboy baaaaaaw is hilarity at it's finest.

I'm glad they went back to the technological fantasy look/feel that was back in FFVI-VIII and not the not-so-techno-fantasy Star Wars look/feel that was in XII

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Oh god, if you think it's bad here you should have been in the G4 E3 chatroom x.x

WHY DID I GO THERE?

I'm wondering the same thing. Why would you go to G4? For anything? Ever?

Once again Square let us down with another pointless trailer. We've seen 95% of that trailer already and the remaining 5% has already been shown in leaked pictures. Please Square, don't waste your time with another trailer unless it is all new footage. Ill wait years just not the same crap over and over again.
    Last edited by Dreddz; 07-19-2008 at 09:06 PM.

"For Playstation 3 only...in Japan"

Hehe...

I think it's great that we finally got our third public trailer. I didn't like the music in the trailer though. The new footage that I see in this trailer(that wasn't in the first two public trailer, but much of it was in released photos), I liked. The best part was the very attractive red-haired pigtailed main character girl, I wish I knew her name. The trailer scene selection and/or "story" didn't seem as good as in the first two public trailers though. I want to see more important Final Fantasy XIII news at the Square Enix event in early August. But I thought that I read that this event would be something like a warmup for the Tokyo Game Show in October.

So today's news was the biggest Final Fantasy XIII news since the game was announced. Although two years have now passed and we don't know a lot more about this game. A downside also is that maybe the release of a Xbox 360 version in Usa and Europe will delay the release of the game in these territories. I want the game in Fall 2009 in Usa!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Square needs to change up their design style. I feel like they've been doing the same designs (only with updated graphics) since FFX. Pointy chin, feathery hair, outfits that look oddly put together, etc. None of this excites me cause I feel like it's the same ol' same ol'.

Maybe they should change character designers from Tetsuya Nomura to somebody new, not sure though, right now I like him...check out his resume...
    Tetsuya Nomura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as art directors go, they have newer guy Isamu Kamikokuryō as Final Fantasy XIII, although he did some work Final Fantasy XII.

What game would you prefer it look like? I'm excited that Toshiro Tsuchida from Front Mission is the battle director.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post

What game would you prefer it look like? I'm excited that Toshiro Tsuchida from Front Mission is the battle director.
    I don't want them to mimic another game, I want to them to change things up with each game rather than having the same look time and time again.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think your right. Its time Nomura steps down or changes his approach. Its too anime-like. It worked and was still fresh with VII and VIII, 9 was someone else, but it was pushing it with X (even though I still greatly enjoyed the game).

I guess they are trying to give it a broader appeal?
    A broader appeal can greatly water something down. So how do games like SotC do it?

My hope lies in the battle system and the storyline. I like the themes so far.

P.S. No stormtroopers please.
    Also the music was the best in the first trailer, in this it sounded too much like star wars/FFXII. They are leaning towards scores rather than soundtracks. Like pieces in epic movies where the music is used only to accompany the film but is completely forgettable once the movie is over. This was different with Nobuo, who made some truely memorable pieces.
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-15-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Its too anime-like.
    So many places to begin on that one.

Beyond Fantasy Sephiroths Clone's Avatar

I think Nomura's character designs are one of the few things that make an FF game FF...without it it looks like any other JRPG...

Made by me