Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG Centipede!

Default OMG Centipede!

Where's the barfy emoticon when you need it?

These little bastards crawl up our pipes and into the sink or the shower. They are so disgusting and paralyze me at sight.

They do good things like eating silverfish and such, but damn they are creepy. I'd rather have hundreds of spiders crawl on me than one of these horrors.

Are there any nuisances that you get in your house or immediately outside of it?

Also, I didn't take this pic. It's courtesy of Wikipedia, of course!

Blog Entries

we have little sugar ants. it sucks but nothing major.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Meh, I was hoping this would be about the arcade game.

Anyway, we get spiders a lot.

I haaaaaaaate spiders. ;-;

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Summer before last I was innocently brushing my teeth when this CENTIPEDE egressed our sink drain.

I died. I mean I killed it and just kinda flipped out.

Then, a couple of weeks later at stu's house, we were up late reading his Gunslinger comic when we noticed there was a spider on the ceiling @_@

and then later, more spiders. They didn't stop coming out until we smashed one and left it as a dread omen to their species.

then a few days ago, a BEETLE crawled out of my sink. I killed it too.

THEN saturday morning, I woke up at 5am, took a drink of my water because I was so thirsty, and SOMETHING hit my lips. I freaked out. Looked at it, and thought 'omg, a toad.'
    I spat the water out (had been keeping it the entire time) and dumped the cup's contents out on the back porch steps. rinsed my mouth, got a new cup, went to bed a little worried, wished I could breathe through my nose so nothing would crawl into my warm moist mouth whilst asleep.

well I got up saturday morning, checked for toads in my cup and quenched my thirst. Then I decided I had to come to terms with my nighttime happenings. Was the toad dead? It hadn't moved in my cup. Had my dog drug it off?

I looked on the step and it was one of my scrunchies, still damp.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I have the same reaction rubah does. When I see a bug I kill. I mean I see the bug and I have to smush it! SMUSH IT TO GOO! I spray it with scrubbing bubbles. That's just awesome.

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

We get spiders sometimes....and I'm deathly afraid of them. I'll never forget the time one dropped down in front of my face when I was shaving. O_o

We had mice once too so we trapped them and let them go. It was fun to see the contest between my mom and my cat to see who could catch the most though :P
    *Insert epic sig here*

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Incidentally, we just had a bat in the house. First time that's ever happened.

That doesn't look like a centipede to me...

Also, I thought it was gonna be about the arcade game too.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    That doesn't look like a centipede to me...

Also, I thought it was gonna be about the arcade game too.
    Oh, really? What, then, does a centipede look like?

Just because it doesn't have 50 pairs of legs doesn't mean it isn't a centipede...

This species is called a "house centipede."

I was under the impression they looked like this...

JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

In the last month or so, I have captured and released two centipedes from my girlfriend's home. The suckers are pretty quick and they do not like going into boxes that much. I have also killed at least three dozen spiders of various species, including one that crawled out from underneath the pillow that I sleep on, about five seconds after I got up out of bed. My girlfriend let out a pretty good scream of "Oh my god!" I have also killed my fair share of beetles, flies, wasps, and mosquitoes.

I don't really have a problem with bugs. When I was a little kid, I used to gather centipedes, millipedes, and scorpions from around my small desert town and put them in an jar I called "The Arena of Death". Then I would shake the jar to get them angry so they would fight and ultimately kill one another. Oddly enough, the scorpions were usually the ones to die first.

OMFG! Rubah's house sounds scary as hell! ;_______;

I smurfing hate bugs. I hate them with a deep, deep hatred from the darkest and blackest depths of my soul. Ants are okay, as in the sense of "I don't like them, they're just really annoying", unlike the grosser bugs.

My house gets a lot of crickets though. Not like an infestation, but every once in the while you can find one in the bathtub, or under the sink and such. I usually try and get one of my sisters to try and kill it, because crickets are gross and those sons of biznatches can JUMP. One morning I woke up and there was a cricket on my head!

Spiders are the absolute worse though! One time a spider crawled across my keyboard, and I almost started crying! And just the other day I discovered a spider crawling up my leg! I did tear up that time. Spiders are disgusting, and I want them all dead.

The Camel Spider is the single most disgusting and vile creature I have ever read about, or seen pictures of.

i killed something like that. I was at my friends house, a bunch of us were drinking, outside and then everyone was all "eeeek mat lookit that effin bug by your head" i turned around looked at it "aww he's cute *smush*" i punched it.
    Got alot of laughs that night ha.
    but i hate those creepy assholes.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid View Post
    The Camel Spider is the single most disgusting and vile creature I have ever read about, or seen pictures of.
    Virtually everything you read about camel spiders is a lie or an exaggeration. They don't weigh ten pounds, they can't run as fast as a Hummer, and they don't hide in your shadow before biting fist-sized chunks out of your leg

I've never seen a centipede quite like the one from Wikipedia that Yaridovich posted. In my neighbourhood, they've usually got short legs and uniformly dark bodies.

There're relatively few 'nuisances' among the fauna around my home. Flies, for the most part. There are mice too, but none inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid View Post
    Virtually everything you read about camel spiders is a lie or an exaggeration. They don't weigh ten pounds, they can't run as fast as a Hummer, and they don't hide in your shadow before biting fist-sized chunks out of your leg
    Haha, yeah I know alot of the stuff about Camel Spiders that people write about on the Internet is false, but it's still a creepy animal. And they can run up to 10 mph, which is faster than alot of people can, and they're nasty and freaky as can be!
    Last edited by Dynast-Kid; 07-15-2008 at 08:20 AM.