Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG Centipede!

I have quite a few spiders lurking in my house. They don't bother me. In fact, the first thing I did when I moved in was rescue a spider from the bathtub.

I did have a slug problem a couple of days ago. I was lying on the floor in front of the computer, and I felt a tickle on my right elbow, to find a disgusting slug next to me!

I ran to the kitchen, found the salt, and dumped it over the vile thing...

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

God damn ninjas seem to be waiting for me every time I try to leave my damned house!

Oh well, at least it keeps things interesting...
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most humans have a primordial sense of fear when it comes to bugs, I believe it's because they're so alien to humans. Also it's a known fact that we're spiders as big as the domestic moggy humanity could well be on the way towards extinction. The most poisonous spider of all however is apparently the common garden spider, the reason why it's harmless to humans however is that it's madibles are so weak they cannot puncture even a single layer of human skin. I usually leave 1 or 2 spiders in the house to get rid of moths/flies ect but I am blindingly disturbed by the abomination of nature that is the Daddy Longlegs, these creatures have the body of a spider and worse, can fly they're also just ewwwwwwwww in terms of flying I shudder at the thought of them. Mosquitos annoy me too because I hate being bitten.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Last night, I didn't go to sleep until 6AM because every time I closed my eyes, I'd feel a little sting and wake up to find yet another bug bite. I have like 15 bites on me right now.

So I sat with the lights on just staring and staring until the sun came up and then I finally went to sleep. Dunno why bugs don't bite during the day, and they only come out to bother me in the night.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I have weird responses to bugs. Woke up and stood up there was a bug on the wall right next to me so of course I punched it and ran to sit in a chair with my feet off the floor.

Roaches ants flies all can be punched stomped or snatched out of the air. But spiders and flying bugs with stingers must be ran from!

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Centipedes have different species in the north and south (and probably other parts of the world). They're different sizes and pose different. Most northern states have the small thin hair-ball looking centipedes. The south has the more snake kind with stingers on the front. Usually a lot larger too. Thicker and less legs

But neither are really a bug to be scared of

I try not to be afraid of bugs. I don't like centipedes in the least. Spiders I have mixed feelings about. At work I usually try to save them. One of the girls there with a bleeding heart and phobia of bugs yelled for me to help her once. To get a spider. Then as soon as I moved to assess the situation she yelled "Don't kill it!". Which I really had no intention of doing. I put my hand down and let it crawl onto me. She ran away screaming :( I just walked outside and shook my hand

Centipedes and wasps are really the only creatures that give me goosebumps. Hornets too but I almost never have to deal with them

Very glad I never have to face down one of these puppies

On a scale of pain inflicted by insects. This little baby ranked the highest for fastest most painful after-effects. Ranking quite a bit above even fire ants and the like

A desert wasp known as the Tarantula Hawk

Be afraid :P

I HATE June Bugs with a passion! Two nights already this summer I lost sleep to them, sneaky meanies! I hear them flying, turn on the light and they hide, took me forever to kill them. They would even fly and hit me in my sleep, gross.

Also, one time at my grandparents house in Chicago I saw one of those horrible centipedes! I almost died.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Roaches. Especially flying ones. I'm terrified of them.

Just looking at the pic make go *shiver*

It haunts my dreams. ;___;

I forgot mandibles were kind of a type of leg so its sometimes possible for spiders to have five sets of legs instead of four

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid View Post
    OMFG! Rubah's house sounds scary as hell! ;_______;
    Oh, I didn't mention the winter we found a black widow on one of our banana trees we were keeping inside so they didn't freeze. then that summer, my mom found a bunch of baby black widows in the pump house (not connected to the house, thankfully).

And there are always a million red wasps and dirt daubbers flying around, wolf spiders laying low in the house, mosquitos, ticks, gnats, chiggers outside etc.

don't categorize me as a bug killer though, because I try to only kill the ones that are poisonous/harmful (non-wolf/garden spiders, red wasps, centipedes) or the ones that freak. me. out (weird beetles coming at my face).

I used to be able to pick up daddy longlegs without flinching, but I can't anymore, but I still throw them outside;.; sometimes they lose a leg ;o

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid View Post
    OMFG! Rubah's house sounds scary as hell! ;_______;
    Oh, I didn't mention the winter we found a black widow on one of our banana trees we were keeping inside so they didn't freeze. then that summer, my mom found a bunch of baby black widows in the pump house (not connected to the house, thankfully).

And there are always a million red wasps and dirt daubbers flying around, wolf spiders laying low in the house, mosquitos, ticks, gnats, chiggers outside etc.

don't categorize me as a bug killer though, because I try to only kill the ones that are poisonous/harmful (non-wolf/garden spiders, red wasps, centipedes) or the ones that freak. me. out (weird beetles coming at my face).

I used to be able to pick up daddy longlegs without flinching, but I can't anymore, but I still throw them outside;.; sometimes they lose a leg ;o
    OMFG. @____@ *dies*

When I see any sort of bug, my first instinct it "SQUASH KILL KILL!". xD

On a scale of pain inflicted by insects. This little baby ranked the highest for fastest most painful after-effects. Ranking quite a bit above even fire ants and the like
    The most painful bite from an insect is from the bullet ant, appropriately named because the bite feels like being shot with a bullet. It's also described as "walking over flaming coals with a three inch rusty nail in your heel".

But yeah, tarantula wasps are horrid. Quite pretty though.

I don't recall that one. Musta been missed in the study I read. Or they were taking a different aspect. Never heard of it. Sounds interesting

I guess they're in the same league. Fascinating o_o

Dude! I just did some little research 'cause y'all got me curious on bug stuff. Apparently there's a species of wasp that has a very accute sense of smell that can be trained to "sniff" out narcotics and explosives
    Last edited by Vyk; 07-15-2008 at 07:12 PM.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought I would be at least mildly okay in this thread until someone posted the cockroach. I hate centipedes but I can handle them. With cockroaches I just scream and cry.

Signature by rubah. I think.