Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zit Face! Zit Face! xD

Chocobo Zit Face! Zit Face! xD

Okay, so i've always had pretty nice clear, blemish-free skin. I've always prided myself on having better skin than my peers, although i've never been immune to pimples or zits. But over the past week, i've had FOUR pimples appear on my face! Although one of them may be a razor bump, there's still FOUR disgusting mountains of putridness uglifying my face!

I was crushed.

But just the other day, the MSN homepage had an article about using toothpaste to help clear up zits! The Great and Handsome Godly Gods and Goddesses of the Heavenly Heavens must've been smiling down upon me that day. I read the article hungrily.

According to the article, applying toothpaste to a zit can help clear it up. Intrigued, I tried it. And i'm happy to say that this litle remedy has so far been working greatly, so much so that one of the zits is completely gone! I am happy!

So, friends, I ask that all of you share your dermatological tips and tricks! Do you have any remedies to get rid of pimples? What do you do to promote good skincare? Do you use lotion regularly (I do!)? Is your skin smooth and supple, or dry and cracky!?

I know that this is, after all, a Final Fantasy forum, and some of you may fall into the "acne-ridden" stereotype, but I want to hear what you guys have to say!

K? NAO GO!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Due to my mothers terrible genes, I was cursed with mild acne.

Now I just have scars on my face.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had the usual pimple problem in High School, but without doing much it's pretty much cleared away. I usually have nice clear skin, but right now I have bug bites everywhere including ones on my forehead that looks like a giant pimples. =/

I used to have pretty bad skin. It's still not flawless, but I tend to not notice so much unless I get a really hideous zit or I have to look nice for something. I tend to put rubbing alcohol on my zits before they get too big, and that dries them out and makes them go away.

My great care for my skin is washing my face.

Though I have to say, while I have nothing against flawless skin, I think pimples actually give a face character. Depending on the person, a few spots can look rather attractive. I'm probably weird like that, but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
    Due to my mothers terrible genes, I was cursed with mild acne.

Now I just have scars on my face.
    Aww.

I have a few scars (or marks, if you will) from past bumps i've had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    My great care for my skin is washing my face.

Though I have to say, while I have nothing against flawless skin, I think pimples actually give a face character. Depending on the person, a few spots can look rather attractive. I'm probably weird like that, but hey.
    Haha, yeah! Washing your face regularly is pretty much the best thing you can do!

And as weird as it may sound, I do understand what you're saying. Flawless skin can sometimes feel bland, and a few distinguishing marks can enhance a face. But let's not go overboard...xD

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

i only get them on my nose oh so anti attractive

I am 25, and still get spots. I squeezed a nasty one on my chin the other night.

I also have a skin complaint called acne rosacea, which gives the skin on my nose, cheeks and chin a blotchy red appearance. Luckilly I believe t's kept in check with Dianette, a kind of contraceptive pill, and it can be covered up with make up.

I live in fear it will get worse, though, my mum and aunt have it quite bad...

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

I have never had more than about three pimples on my face. I attribute this to good hygiene and use of a magical 2% salcylic acid solution bought at a local pharmacy.

Also, @Kes' comment: Pimples, no. Freckles, HELL yes.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid View Post
    According to the article, applying toothpaste to a zit can help clear it up. Intrigued, I tried it. And i'm happy to say that this litle remedy has so far been working greatly, so much so that one of the zits is completely gone! I am happy!
    It doesn't really cures acne. It just helps it 'dry' up faster.

Do you have any remedies to get rid of pimples?
    I just let it be. If it gets reddish or white, never pop it. You could have an infection, especially if your hands are dirty.

What do you do to promote good skincare? Do you use lotion regularly (I do!)?
    My face is always oily, so I use facial wash with antibacterial properties.

Is your skin smooth and supple, or dry and cracky!?
    My face is often oily. Other body part skin is smooth (except the hairy parts...)

If you don't want to develop acne, try not to stay up too late, always wash your face. Never rub your face with a towel, pat it gently. Drink plenty of water, and eat tomatoes, fruits and veggies.

I used to have really bad skin, but I bought some kit thing that has some stuff that helps out with that problem Don't know what it's called but it works, I just hate when I forget to use it or I'm too lazy too because I break out easy and that usually happens

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've always had pretty bad skin. :/ Even now that I've mostly outgrown my pimple phase it's still blotchy and unattractive.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

i used to have it
    i just took extreme medication that dried out my skin for half a year
    unpleasant experience, but no more zits now
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Blog Entries

If you don't want to develop acne, try not to stay up too late, always wash your face. Never rub your face with a towel, pat it gently. Drink plenty of water, and eat tomatoes, fruits and veggies.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    i don't believe that staying up late nonsense. I stay up until 9am in the morning working a lot of times and I rarely get them.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

I had a rather bad acne problem when I was a teenager. Just the other day I found a pic of myself when I was 14 and...ugh.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, I've never really had problem with zits or acne. I get a couple pimples from time to time when life is strenuous. But nothing major.

My problem is the ringworm that popped up on my face and won't go away. It stopped spreading and I have been treating it. But it just won't leave.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well