Thread: Orchestrated MCR ftw n.n

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Orchestrated MCR ftw n.n

YouTube - Helena - The String Quartet

It's pretty much just as I had imagined it would be but slightly more hall-ish sounding.

What song would you listen to re-arranged on a piano? orchestrated?

I still love Apocalyptica's Metalica stuff better than a lot of their new things. Especially now they've brought in vocals and other instruments. Nothing Else Matters being my all time favourite ever.

I think just about everything done with strings is awesome assuming those doing the cover can play their instruments well and it was well arranged. Still, I think cellos have the advantage of being the best rock-to-string cover instrument because of its very full sound. Though I'm just biased.

I'm not a fan of the string quartet arrangements, but I really smurfing LOVE piano covers. I could sit on YouTube all day watching people play rock songs on the piano.

...like this cover of Orestes by A Perfect Circle. And pretty much every other Tool/APC thing that guy has done. *dies*

Blog Entries

Rotted Body Landslide by Cannibal Corpse.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Not a fan of string arrangements, but I just happened to be watching piano arrangements of video game and anime songs when I came across this thread. Observe.

EDIT: This is the original song of the above piano version for those who haven't seen Higurashi. You can compare it to the piano version.

EDIT (again): To stay on topic, this is a song I would love to hear on a piano.
    Last edited by Momiji; 07-15-2008 at 02:06 PM.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    YouTube - Helena - The String Quartet

It's pretty much just as I had imagined it would be but slightly more hall-ish sounding.

What song would you listen to re-arranged on a piano? orchestrated?
    It is funny, because I have always loved that video (despite the fact that I absolutely despise My Chemical Romance / related bands), and now the song AND video are tolerable!

There was an orchestrated version of Paint It Black by the Rolling Stones which was freaking awesome

Then there's always the Trans Siberian Orchestra

Banned

I am a huge fan of the string quartet. I love their covers. They did an amazing one of Death Cab for Cutie's Transatlanticism. And Garbage too. I forget who else, but I had like 4 of their albums.

I hate MCR though so I won't be getting this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    Pick a better CC song. Like for example, I'd love to see a string quartet's take on Frantic Disembowelment.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    Pick a better CC song. Like for example, I'd love to see a string quartet's take on Frantic Disembowelment.
    I picke done at random
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Well you picked a crappy one.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Much better than the original! :P

I might download some of that Vitamin String Quartet stuff. I found a whole bunch of it on iTunes.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine