Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leveling up spots

Blog Entries

Default Leveling up spots

I want to start playing final fantasy VI again and level the rest of my characters to level 99. I only got six of them there so far. I remember leveling up in this forest with t rexes and that was good for me. Do you know where and how to get to that forest. Better yet where is a better place to level up, and how do you get there. I've forgotten most of the towns. Help please.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

The forest is somewhere in the northwestern side of the Veldt in the WoR. The forest is actually shaped like a T-Rex's head

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's definitely the best place to level up in the game. Throw on an experience egg and you're golden.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Even better if you put only 1 member in your party they'll get 4x experience and if you have no problems with using vanish/doom then your set.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

Default Okay I'll look

I got 2 exp eggs so I'll level them up two at a time. how do you get from the world of ruin to the world of balance and back? Is they're a better place to get Magic points? and if I throw on both my exp eggs an had one character fight would I get 12 times the exp?
    Last edited by Saber; 07-16-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You can't go back to the World of Balance. Once you're completed the floating continent you're "stuck" in the World of Ruin forever. The best place to get magic points is in the Tower of the Fanatics. Equipping a second Experience Egg doesn't give any extra experience.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Default damn no 12 time exp

I found the forest and the broncasaur just kicked my rear end. I'm thinking of playing it all the way through again but I want a guide that states how to get all the espers, relics and weapons. Hmm maybe gamefaqs?
    Marcus

Blog Entries

Dont worry the Broncasaur is actually rather rare.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

the best place to get magic points is the little desert south of Maranda that has cactaurs. 10 every battle.

The best place for exp is the Dinosaur head forest. I like to level people up individually. One trick I learned is, choose who you want to get ALL the exp. Make sure they're about to hit the finishing blow. When they get ready too, and are about to, start running. When that character finishes their attack and the enemy dies, the other character/s should run, leaving them alone. They end up getting ALL the exp. This makes it easy to watch the stat growth of a character as you only need to worry about one esper equip at a time. BTW, exp is normally divided among all members in a fight, so if you have one member, it's 4x the normal exp, with exp egg, that's 8x.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Exp. Egg, Gem Box, 1 character, Vanish/Doom. Character in back row, with armor on (weapons not necessary). Dinosaur Forest. One Tyranosaur will then get you 17,600 exp. And a Brachosaur? I think over 35,000. And then Gau's dad's place is nearby for a free night's sleep.

I remember when battling those Bronc and Tyrans I had a lot of evades...the only thing that hurt me is when they cast meteor but I could live through 1-2 of those before they died.

Oh yeah, they can cast Meteor can't they. Well, save after every battle and you should be fine.

Blog Entries

Default I use to be so strong

I didn't have a problem leveling up before butr I'm now leveling up weak characters and they can't equip the best weapons so the Bronc got the best of me, more like a lucky shot. What about before the world of ruin? Where is a good spot in the world of balance?
    Last edited by Saber; 07-20-2008 at 12:30 AM.
    Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    I didn't have a problem leveling up before butr I'm now leveling up weak characters and they can't equip the best weapons so the Bronc got the best of me, more like a lucky shot. What about before the world of ruin? Where is a good spot in the world of balance?
    The Floating Continent

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I always just petrified three other characters so they could take hits and not suffer any damage. I'd have a Life3 up too in the event of a worst case scenario in the two Tyranosaurs or Brachiosaur encounter.