Thread: Favorite Party Combinations

Default Favorite Party Combinations

I'm about to restart FF7 again for like the millionth time(lol) and each time I do I try and plan on what party to use each time. I've had some good ones int he past.
    Probably two of my favorite combos are the cloud-yuffie-tifa, and cloud-vincent-cait sith.
    I really don't know who I am gonna use this time, but I am thinking of incorporating Cid this time.
    So, I am wondering what you guys usually do, and maybe your thought process/justification behind it
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

I start out with the "hot babe combo!"
    which is Cloud-Tifa-Aeris.
    After our dearly departed leaves us i go to the "Pet Combo"
    Cait Sith- Cloud- Red XII
    Then for the rest of the game i stick with the "sexy out cast combo"
    of Cloud- Yuffie-Vincent.
    Another good thing about that party is, if you are as amused by silly little imaturities as i am, aquip the materia which makes a person protect an injured person (can't remember the name) to Vincent. Where he is so tall and Yuffie is so short it results in imature hilarity.
    I can never beat Sephiroth without Yuffie, she was the only one left alive when i defeated him and it was a hench battle

Some times I'll use Cid and Barret as well, but i find there limits a little boring
    Last edited by PeneloRatsbane; 07-16-2008 at 01:57 PM.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Oo0o0o I like those combos. I would love to use Aeris, because her limits are great, but I don't wanna waste time leveling her up. However I haven't played ff7 since I beat ff12 a couple times, so I have since become immune to the tedium of leveling up and in the case of ff12 loot hunting/LP farming loll.
    I definitely agree that Yuffie is essential. Her limits just kick ass, and she is very competent with materia and attacking. A lot of people don't like to use the female characters because they have "lower vitality" stats and get hit harder, but I never noticed that, and if anything a Touph ring fixed that...plus with Yuffie she is a back row character so the damage thing is a non issue.
    I like barret, and cid, but I will def. agree that their limits leave something to be desired, except for Cid's Highwind, and maybe Barret's Ungarmax with the right weapon. Vincent's limits however don't bore me, I esp. love HellMasker, so I often use Vincent

I went from finishing twelve to playing vi. i missed the gambit free-range battling and it was tricky to get the hang of it again lol
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I only use Cloud-Yuffie-Cid whenever possible. Everyone sucks in this game imho except Cid.

Loll. The Cloud Yuffie Cid combo is one of my favs too. You have the versatility of Yuffie, the awesomeness of cloud and cid as front row fighters, but you still have people that you can give a lot, or a little materia to and still rape face

Blog Entries

I used to only use cloud barret red XIII, then when I got yuffie I had cloud, barret, and Yuffie. When I got vincent I had Cloud, Yuffie, Vincent, and when I got cid it was Cloud, Vincent, Cid.

On my playthrough right now I will use Cloud, Tifa, and Red XIII for the entire game. They really destroy the beginning of the game. Red is my mage, but he can still do a lot of damage with the seraph comb. I am about to redo clouds materia. He is going to be a pure warrior with enemy skill. Enemy skill doesnt lower att so cloud can still do a lot of damage. Tifa will then be my Red mage type character. She will have a cure spell and a good black magic spell. This will keep her attack still high, and she can heal and use black magic.

Red XIII using his limit break on 1 enemy can do about 1600 damage, tifa if I get 2 with yeah and 2 with hit(thats what I do because otherwise I often miss on one of the later 2. Tifa does about 1700. Cloud is only using climhazzard so he does about 1200 damage or so. When he is using meteorain he will be doing much more damage than anyone else. Cloud is level 30, tifa 29, and red is either 29 or 30, cant remember. I am at Nibelheim.

cloud vincent cid is my fav....idk but for some reason i always do best with this combo

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    On my playthrough right now I will use Cloud, Tifa, and Red XIII for the entire game. They really destroy the beginning of the game. Red is my mage, but he can still do a lot of damage with the seraph comb. I am about to redo clouds materia. He is going to be a pure warrior with enemy skill. Enemy skill doesnt lower att so cloud can still do a lot of damage. Tifa will then be my Red mage type character. She will have a cure spell and a good black magic spell. This will keep her attack still high, and she can heal and use black magic.
    That is a good strategy, and I like that party combo. I have done the all girls club(yuffie/tifa) but never Red XIII and Tifa. I think for this game right now I have decided to use Red XIII, cloud, and vincent, but atm I am using yuffie, red, and cloud.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like the bestiary team comprising of
    Red XIII - Four Legged Beast
    Cait Sith - The Cat Beast
    Vincent - The monstrous beast that got friend-zoned, lololol.