Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight (Mark ALL Spoilers!)

That was an amazing movie. I was pissed off at the beginning because the theater had technical difficulties just for our showing, so we had to wait in the theater for about an hour for the movie to actually start. But we got free passes to another movie, though I doubt it will be anywhere near as awesome as this movie was. It's a damn shame Heath Ledger can't reprise his role as the Joker, he did a fantastic job in the role.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

PHENOMENAL ALL THE WAY BRAH

One of my new favourite movies. Suffice it to say that I loved Ledger in it.

Also, not to derail the topic, but they showed the trailer for the new Watchmen movie, looks friggin' legit.

Jellyfish swim by.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

The Joker is such an interesting character that this movie could only fail if said character was done poorly. That said, because of the superb job done, I was at the edge of my seat the entire time.

From a pacing perspective, (SPOILER)I was a little confused how the Joker just let himself get captured so quickly when the semi flipped. However everything works out in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    Also, not to derail the topic, but they showed the trailer for the new Watchmen movie, looks friggin' legit.
    agree'd!

As for me, yeah it was a totally great movie!

As for my "Heath Ledger killed himself because he went crazy because he THOUGHT he was the joker" theory, I'm still for that theory!
    (SPOILER)The fact he did the lip licking thing repeatedly (a thing commonly seen in autistic, schizophrenia, and psychosis) and to the believable extent of a crazy person made me all "ohhh." I've only seen one person ever be able to have seemingly "right" lick lipping and it was by a lady with psychosis on the bus. xD When he was doing things like hanging his body out of the car like a dog would, he did it so well that it seemed nearly natural to him, I couldn't even imagine myself being able to force myself to do that.

He played crazy to a great extent, to great I must say.

As for other things, stupid people in the theater kept being all (SPOILER)omg gordon is dead or (SPOILER)OHHH HE'S TWO FACE!! and I'm like (SPOILER)Dude, wtf Gordon is in like.. ALL THE BATMAN MOVIES IN THE FUTURE and (SPOILER)Clearly you didn't know he was two face from the name HARVY DENT

And then my mom was arguing with me telling me that (SPOILER)Two face was dead at the end which is impossible because he's in freaking Batman Forever and is played by Tommy Lee Jones. She's not understanding that while batman movies are batman movies, the movies still follow the basic laws of life, if you kill something, it tends to stay dead, therefore it would be impossible for Two face to have died because he appears years later in the future.

Now Wikipedia doesn't agree with this, so I'd like your peoples opinions:

(SPOILER)Wiki says he "fell to his death" but unless all batman movies take place in another universe, he couldn't have fallen to his DEATH because he exists in the future. How do I know it's the future? Because 1.) Batman's nice and knowing in Batman Forever 2.) Gordon has been comissioner for a while and not only that but is old and grey, clearly the Gordon we see in Dark Knight is old but younger than the Gordon in Batman Forever.

So do YOU believe that Two Face is dead? If so, does that mean you believe that all batman movies take place in another dimension of some sort?

Please, explain this to me, because my logic is causing me to not understand.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

My head hurts ava =(

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    As for my "Heath Ledger killed himself because he went crazy because he THOUGHT he was the joker" theory, I'm still for that theory!
    And you'd be stupidly wrong. He died because he took too many prescription medications at once. The only reason that idiotic story about "the Joker killing him" even came out was because he said himself in an interview he had trouble getting to sleep after the movie do to the high intensity of the role, and the original report was he died by overdosing on sleeping pills. That was later found out to be completely false. The media jumped the gun due to a lack of information... Shocking, I know.

And Nolan's movies (Begins and Knight) have jack to do with any of the previous films.
    Last edited by Kenshin IV; 07-19-2008 at 05:18 AM.

agree'd!

(SPOILER)The fact he did the lip licking thing repeatedly (a thing commonly seen in autistic, schizophrenia, and psychosis) and to the believable extent of a crazy person made me all "ohhh." I've only seen one person ever be able to have seemingly "right" lick lipping and it was by a lady with psychosis on the bus. xD When he was doing things like hanging his body out of the car like a dog would, he did it so well that it seemed nearly natural to him, I couldn't even imagine myself being able to force myself to do that.

As for other things, stupid people in the theater kept being all (SPOILER)omg gordon is dead or (SPOILER)OHHH HE'S TWO FACE!! and I'm like (SPOILER)Dude, wtf Gordon is in like.. ALL THE BATMAN MOVIES IN THE FUTURE and (SPOILER)Clearly you didn't know he was two face from the name HARVY DENT

And then my mom was arguing with me telling me that (SPOILER)Two face was dead at the end which is impossible because he's in freaking Batman Forever and is played by Tommy Lee Jones. She's not understanding that while batman movies are batman movies, the movies still follow the basic laws of life, if you kill something, it tends to stay dead, therefore it would be impossible for Two face to have died because he appears years later in the future.

(SPOILER)Wiki says he "fell to his death" but unless all batman movies take place in another universe, he couldn't have fallen to his DEATH because he exists in the future. How do I know it's the future? Because 1.) Batman's nice and knowing in Batman Forever 2.) Gordon has been comissioner for a while and not only that but is old and grey, clearly the Gordon we see in Dark Knight is old but younger than the Gordon in Batman Forever.

So do YOU believe that Two Face is dead? If so, does that mean you believe that all batman movies take place in another dimension of some sort?

It's really very simple. These two Batman movies (Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) have absolutely nothing to do with the ones made by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin). (SPOILER)Two-Face DID die, but that has nothing to do with whether Tommy Lee Jones was in Batman Forever, because the two plots don't affect each other at all. Chris Nolan's Batman films are new incarnations of Batman, independent of the older movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    agree'd!

It's really very simple. These two Batman movies (Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) have absolutely nothing to do with the ones made by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin). (SPOILER)Two-Face DID die, but that has nothing to do with whether Tommy Lee Jones was in Batman Forever, because the two plots don't affect each other at all. Chris Nolan's Batman films are new incarnations of Batman, independent of the older movies.
    Okay that makes a lot more sense to me.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

... why would previous Batman movies have anything to do with this series? Those have Robin in it, who is an absolutely horrible character for this new interpretation of Batman and should never, ever appear.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

OMG that movie was amazing. It made my 18th birthday the best ever. I loved heaths take on the joker role and am sad to see him dead, you can't replace someone who played the role so well like that.

(SPOILER)I'm loved the joker and his whole social experiment with the boats. Really it makes me think. Tis why I love death note. Humans are silly and the way the character joker shows how fickle they can be is in a way, genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    ... why would previous Batman movies have anything to do with this series? Those have Robin in it, who is an absolutely horrible character for this new interpretation of Batman and should never, ever appear.

I didn't know that the movies had gone off into a different series. I never bothered seeing Batman Begins.

And, hey now, we only had to deal with robin for 2 of the four batman movies from 89-97! Atleast we didn't have to deal with robin and batgirl for -all- those movies.

I wore my Marvel shirt to go see it!

The movie was very good, not the best I have ever seen, but very good.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Nolan stated that his films are completely different to any other batman movies. Begins and Dark Night are obviously related though. Also, he wanted to keep the movies realistic, as in no super powers etc.

And for the record Maggie is hawt!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This was the best superhero movie because there were no gay superpowers in it. Every other superhero movie either has to do with the character coping with his/her newfound powers or society doing the same. Here we get a much more meaningful look at the relationships between three individuals (Batman, Dent and Gordon); how they each view one another as part of that society and how ultimately trust is misplaced in the hands of one of them.

[spoilers]In the next movie the Joker will be explained away; a life sentence at Arkham or some such. Two-face is probably not dead. Gordon and Batman agreed to keep him away so that his image as Harvey Dent could live on in the public consciousness.[/spoilers]

Really as long as they don't introduce Robin or Catwoman, and they don't have some of the lamer villains like Mr. Freeze, the next movie should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    [spoilers]In the next movie the Joker will be explained away; a life sentence at Arkham or some such.[/spoilers]
    Not like that's every stopped him long before.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Two-face is probably not dead.[/spoilers]
    [spoilers]I'm somewhat in agreement here. For starters he fell much like Batman did, and Batman walked away fine. I find it odd Two Face dies from the same fall. I really hope he's not dead though just because Two Face is one of the only villains they proved could work in this realistic setting. And if he's dead all that leaves is Joker (with no more Heath ) and Scarecrow, who face it, while is good in this new rendition, he's not much for being a main villain. Although I do have hopes that Nolan can pull of Penguin or some other of the better villains. I still don't think the next movie can in anyway top Dark Knight though, Ledger and the introduction of Joker was just too epic and well done to get one upped, even from the same makers.[/spoilers]
    This space intentionally left blank.