Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight (Mark ALL Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Yeah, I feel like I need to see it again. It was so fast-paced it's easy to miss a lot.
    As I said before, there's a lot of stuff in the movie that makes more sense the second time around.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, even as I was watching it I was thinking I was going to have to see it again.

Oh, was I the only one who halfway though the movie was wondering (SPOILER)what the hell happened with the Scarecrow? Cause like he was there for one scene and then BAM. Gone. I mean, it probably would've deteriorated the film if he had made any appearances later on but I was still wondering what happened to him.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)Well, he got arrested, so I assume he was behind bars. I'm glad they established he's still around though.

(SPOILER)Well, he got arrested, so I assume he was behind bars. I'm glad they established he's still around though.
    [spoilers]Indeed. He was caught so he went to jail/Arkham. It did feel like a traditional Batman though, with a minor villain popping up and Batman stepping in, beating him and his cronies up, then sending them off to jail. I much like Nolan's way of "Let's not kill EVERY villain in the series within 3 movies"[/spoilers]
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    [spoilers]Indeed. He was caught so he went to jail/Arkham. It did feel like a traditional Batman though, with a minor villain popping up and Batman stepping in, beating him and his cronies up, then sending them off to jail. I much like Nolan's way of "Let's not kill EVERY villain in the series within 3 movies"[/spoilers]
    (SPOILER)Especially since, y'know, Batman was too stupid to kill any of his enemies. Even after they've slaughtered half the city and escaped from Arkham so much the place installed a revolving door. It just wouldn't be Batman if he killed his enemies.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    (SPOILER)Especially since, y'know, Batman was too stupid to kill any of his enemies. Even after they've slaughtered half the city and escaped from Arkham so much the place installed a revolving door. It just wouldn't be Batman if he killed his enemies.
    *Face Palm* You must have missed the entire conflict with Ra's al Ghul in the first movie didn't you? Or the entire point of Batman as a superhero. Batman doesn't murder his enemies, because Batman isn't a criminal and won't resort to going to the same level as his enemies. That hardly makes him stupid.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked it a lot better than Batman Begins. A great movie. I expected to be a little sad at seeing Heath Ledger but I forgot all about that because Heath Ledger was no where to be seen. There was only the Joker. Best performance in a comic movie I've ever seen.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Heath Ledger deserves an Oscar for that mind blowing performance, dead or not.

New best super hero movie ever, imo. I can't believe it actually topped Batman Begins!

(SPOILER)And I also didn't know Two Fave (or even Harvey Dent) was in this movie. xP I didn't actually watch any of the trailers because I didn't think I'd have the opportunity to see it because the nearest theater is really far away. :P But I made the trip just because it's Batman and it was totally worth it.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think I'm going to have to wait to see this until it comes out on DVD.

My friends and I have a "Cinema Tuesday" which we started very recently (because the ticket prices at the one we go to are half price on a Tuesday!) but, this week it has been moved to Wednesday (when it's first shown here!) and I work on Wednesday nights.

nooooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Best performance in a comic movie I've ever seen.
    Only in a comic book movie? Hell I think it was the best performance I've seen period. I've never seen anyone get so into character, let alone one as complex and twisted as The Joker.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be able to play such a complex character so flawlessly, yeah... that performance was pretty epic.

It was like, every time the Joker came on screen the busy theater would just freeze. There would just be stillness mixed with uncomfortable, although genuine, laughter.

I almost feel stupid admitting it, but there was a scene (I don't remember which) were the Joker freaked me out so much I teared up. He was just terrifying. There's finally a Joker that just embodies chaos.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

You know, there are only a handful of films I've seen in my life that I'd consider flawless, and damn, this is one of them.

I just got back from seeing it, because every showing from opening day up until 7:00pm tonight was sold out at my local theater, and the showing I went to ended up selling out as well (I kid you not). I'm not even a Batman fan and I was totally engrossed from beginning to end, completely forgetting the problems of everyday life. And Ledger gave one of the finest performances in recent memory.

I can see why it's breaking all the records it has so far.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Best performance in a comic movie I've ever seen.
    Only in a comic book movie? Hell I think it was the best performance I've seen period. I've never seen anyone get so into character, let alone one as complex and twisted as The Joker.
    I agree, but I wanted to say it was the 'best ever' at something. There's been plenty of other better performances.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum