Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight (Mark ALL Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I almost feel stupid admitting it, but there was a scene (I don't remember which) were the Joker freaked me out so much I teared up. He was just terrifying. There's finally a Joker that just embodies chaos.
    Yeah, that was the main reason I loved Ledger's performance. The Joker before was just a cartoon character, nothing serious, I used to think Batman was kinda lame because The Joker was his archnemesis. Ledger just completely crushed any preconceived notions of a cartoony Joker and made him into a serious, frightening, twisted character.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the movie was great, it had me literally on the edge of my seat.

Heath Ledger was tremendous. Absolutely captivating. He was almost too good? There were moments here and there when I was sucked out of the movie because I was just watching the Joker and was suddenly struck with the knowledge that this was masterful acting being played out on the screen. I watched the flick of his tongue and the change in his gait and wondered how many hours in front of the mirror it took for Ledger to get to a place where he wholly embodied the character. He was so so good that I was thinking these things while watching the film, when I should have been concentrating on the story and the characters themselves.

In any case, I thought he was brilliant. The Joker brought so many shocking, horrifying, and creepily funny moments throughout the film. Pretty much blew my mind. The movie was long and I felt it. Maybe could have been tightened up a tiny bit, although I wouldn't want to give up a single second of Joker's time on the screen.

I also thought Eckhart did a great job as Harvey Dent, and in fact, Dent was a more interesting character to me than Batman was in this movie.

My only real gripe was Batman's voice. What the hell was up with that? Good thing it wasn't used that often.

Mucho thumbs up from me.

Edit: I want to add that I pretty much squealed with glee when (SPOILER)Cillian Murphy showed up as the Scarecrow for a little cameo. I love that guy, with his strangely handsome creepiness.

I seen this movie last night and was blown away. I mean, wow. Just wow. This has been bumped up as my favorite movie, bumping a movie from completely different genre away. The philosophies of the new joker were much better wrapped in tremendous symbolism that was not foreign from the character at all. The character embodied the all that the Joker was, is, and will prolly ever be thanks to the untimely death.

(SPOILER)The hospital scene where the joker drops his simple "Hello" to two face is amazing.

When the Joker states (SPOILER)I am like a dog chasing cars.. I just never know what to do when I catch them was simple spot on and perfect. The delivery, the context, the syntax, and the projection was sparatic and just perfect, along with everything else he did.

Ledger MADE that movie. The rest of the cast was amazing too. But I just feel Ledger's performance took a great movie, and made it legendary. I have know idea when the oscars or whatever are, but his role better walk away with everything. Best of the best. I mean... wow. Ledger had always been and awesome actor, and able to play a character - but this... was simply amazing.

Like Miriel, I was a bit annoyed with batman's voice. I understand he has to guise it, but does he actually HAVE to swallow a quarter to get it to sound like that.

I am one to never watch a movie twice, save for rare occasions, and NEVER in the theater twice, but I am totally making an exception and have two dates set aside this weekend for it. That will be a total of three watches from a guy who usually doesn't get into movies.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Miriel brought up my one gripe, which I had forgotten about in my awe: Batman's voice hurt my throat to listen to. xD

Oh, oh, I have a gripe! The ending.

(SPOILER)Batman was pretty quick to nail himself to the cross, there. "The people can never know what Dent did before he died!" "What about all of those dead people then?" "We'll say I did it!" "What the hell? Why? You know there are like a million other people in Gotham City we can blame, and like a million other ways to cover up a cri-" "NO I'M DOING IT BYE!" *runs away* What was the point?

I get that it works with the whole "Live long enough to become the villain" theme they had going there, but come on. :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was fine.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    My only real gripe was Batman's voice. What the hell was up with that? Good thing it wasn't used that often.
    He did the same thing in Batman Begins, too. He just talked more in this one.

Well Roto (SPOILER)they were surrounded by quite a few cops then who didn't know whether to charge in or wait. I'm sure hearing a gun shot didn't help matters either. I don't think they really had much of a chance to plan seeing as those cops would have moved the second they heard a gun and no word from the Commissioner.

As for blaming someone else, that's definitely not Batman's style. At best they could have blamed Joker, but he had an airtight alibi. He was hanging from the top of a sky scraper and trying to kill a few hundred people while Two Face was out killing people. And well with time constraints and no one else, I would be amazed if they could have done a better plan in less time then what they had.

I want to add that I pretty much squealed with glee when (SPOILER)Cillian Murphy showed up as the Scarecrow for a little cameo. I love that guy, with his strangely handsome creepiness.
    Yes!
    This space intentionally left blank.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    He did the same thing in Batman Begins, too. He just talked more in this one.
    Ok, that's what people kept telling me and I didn't believe it because TRUST ME, that's the kind of thing I would remember. So I went on youtube and looked up Batman Begin clips and found the entire movie uploaded. Batman's voice in Batman Begins is like 1000x more normal sounding than his weird scooby doo thing he had going on in The Dark Knight. In fact I kinda LIKE the Batman voice in Batman Begins whereas his Dark Knight voice made me cringe. And shudder. And go "wtf?"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I didn't notice a huge difference in the Batman voices between the movies, though his voice in both has occasionally bugged me.

Yeah the ultra-gruffness of Batman's voice isn't as noticeable in Batman Begins. I didn't really mind it at all though and I don't understand where the hate comes from. :-\ Someone explain.

Jellyfish swim by.

I watched the flick of his tongue and the change in his gait and wondered how many hours in front of the mirror it took for Ledger to get to a place where he wholly embodied the character.
    Apparently, Ledger spent a month locked in an apartment building by himself to prepare for the role. He also wrote journals as he thought Joker would write them and did pretty much everything else entirely in character. I thought that was pretty interesting and amazing on a commitment level.

I agree and disagree. I was confused about the whole thing, but I thought it was minor enough to be ignored rather easily and it didn't effect the movie that much. I don't really think the movie was about Batman anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I saw it last night and it was truly a masterpiece. Heath Ledger's last performance as the Joker was outstanding.
    My favorite part was when he(SPOILER)Came out of the hospital still in that nurse's outfit and then trying when kept on banging on that detonator trying to set off the other bombs and then when it did he ran off like a girl

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I work at the movie theaters so I keep going back over to the doors and watching a bit more of the movie again

And I go over there "Oh it's at that part, we still have about an hour left"

(SPOILER)I think two-face is dead. When they both fell you have to think about the suit batman has on that gave him a bit more protection. And for other villains The riddler was more of Robins villain rather than batmans. And seeing as Nolan has said robin is out there in a crib still the riddler is a bit far off.

I personally don't think the penguin will be a great villain to add. We'll just have to see I guess :O

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    My favorite part was when he (SPOILER)Came out of the hospital still in that nurse's outfit and then trying when kept on banging on that detonator trying to set off the other bombs and then when it did he ran off like a girl
    Haha, that part was great.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?