Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91923242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread 2008-2009 Season

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Jesus christ I really hope Liverpool and United do not meet in the final because if we do, Charlie will find it about as unbearable a matchup as Man Utd v Chelsea was last year.
    Fixed

Roll on the international break!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Only downside of a United Liverpool matchup in the final would be the heckling I'd get at work if we lost. They're still giving me crap about the Premier League game... but personally anybody but Chelsea would be great if we get that far. I'd prefer Bayern Munich most of all because I've never seen us play each other live, and if not them, Barca, and if not them, Liverpool. Just not Chelsea please. Ugh, hate them.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Just not Chelsea please. Ugh, hate them.
    Chelsea under Guus is an unpredictable scary thing.

Happy with the draw, but Porto are no pushovers. I am on the same boat as you all. I hope to god there is not an all english final again.

Str8 Pimpin'

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Only downside of a United Liverpool matchup in the final would be the heckling I'd get at work if we lost. They're still giving me crap about the Premier League game...
    Hey buddy I feel four you.

Honestly, why couldn't Fulham have played like that against Man Utd in the FA Cup? If Liverpool win tomorrow, things could be starting to get interesting at the top. But then Chelsea already blew their chance today.

Newcastle looking in big trouble, I mean when you lose to us you know things are bad. If only we hadn't drawn so many bloody games again this year

International break time!

Articles

Pretty damn big 'if'. Aston Villa are a very tricky proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Pretty damn big 'if'. Aston Villa are a very tricky proposition.
    They are, but you're playing at the right time possibly, they're on a vary bad run at the moment. They have Man Utd next so if you're lucky they'll recover their form, but not until after tomorrow

Articles

Well I did not expect that. Still, I don't doubt this high-scoring win is yet another one that will be dismissed as lucky by opposition fans! It's not as if Liverpool are a very decent side or anything! Also, doesn't change a thing. Title is still United's. All this is making our goal difference wonderful, though, so maybe I will dare to dream of second place. Maybe.

Considering how poor Torres played, I was very impressed. I thought Riera had one of his best games and everyone was very fluid. Seriously, what happened to old plodding Liverpool? They look like Barcelona, passing the ball all over the place, scoring goals in bunches. This season isn't over yet. Man U still have a lot of tricky games and I wouldn't be shocked if they drew some of them.

Problem though is the International break, will it blunt Liverpool's surge? Will it refocus United? Will everyone come out of it healthy? Is Chelsea still in it?

Looking forward to a fun home stretch for once.

Take care all.

Man Utd have three of their next four games at home, I think that might give them time to regroup and get some wins together.

Arsenal clearly hold the key to the title, we still have to play all the top three!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Arsenal will definitely be a key factor to who wins. How well they play against Liverpool and United could change everything.

Aston Villa go to Old Trafford and play with ten men behind the ball - and get a draw. Stupidly, they go to Liverpool when they're more in-form than ever and play with three defenders, not including Laursen (or indeed Knight, who was on the bench, who I rate well enough). And they try to take the game to Liverpool at Anfield. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Almost as stupid as putting your hands in front of your face when you're manning a post. I still don't know what Scholes was thinking. Probably nothing to do with football, though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Liverpool fans (psy), are you happy with Rafa staying at the club?

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

I think the club has made significant progress since he's been here, so yes. Sometimes I wish he'd keep his mouth shut, and sometimes I wish he'd be a bit more adventurous, but he is still a very very good manager.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If not for the past week or two, would youstill be happy with Rafa staying at the club? I'm not really that sure about this 'significant progress' thing because the average league position with Rafa is the same as it was for a long time before he came in. There is the UEFA argument, though.