Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 132327282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread 2008-2009 Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Depends on who will be fit for the semis... if it's Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo going up against Silly Silvestre, then I'd back us to score goals. If Van Persie/Adebayor/Arshavin are gunning against Neville, I'd back Arsenal to score goals. Fingers crossed whatever happens both sets of forwards are fully fit as it should be quality entertainment that way!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Arshavin can't play in the European Cup for us this year - if we had him I'd rate our chances more.

Don't mock Silvestre, he may yet pop up to score the winning goal against you! *ignores the pig floating serenely in the sky behind him*

FA Cup this weekend - but Drogba is playing, which usually spells doom for us against Chelsea. Fingers crossed their bizarre recent defensive form continues for one more game.

My reaction to the result -
    My reaction to the team selection - - what the hell was Wenger thinking, the game against Liverpool on Tuesday isn't even that important with 4th place 80-90% sealed anyway (and I can only assume he left out Arshavin for that game, otherwise why not play them).

Great, now we just have to beat Man Utd over two games and then Chelsea/Barcelona to win something. I won't hold my breath
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 04-18-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: double post meeeeeeeeeeeerged
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    the game against Liverpool on Tuesday isn't even that important
    Not important?! If Arsenal lose, you will have to put up with my gloating! How is that not important?!

Also: Hahaha Sam Allardyce is Alex Ferguson's bitch. I love it.
    Also: smurf Itandje. goalkeeper, attitude.

Bah, I'm used to losing at Anfield anyway, 2 wins in the last 15 years or so, not exactly our happiest hunting ground. A draw would be a decent result though. To be honest if we don't get 4th now we're beyond rubbish. I just hope we keep it together for the European Cup now, at the very least don't screw up the team selection and tactics this time.

EDIT: Go Everton! Berbatov's penalty was shocking, how much more of a 'I don't give a crap' attitude can you get. Hope Everton can sucker-punch those West London gits in the final now.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 04-19-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I am most pleased by our progress in the FA Cup this season, especially the really tough draws we've had. I don't think we'll beat Chelsea in the final, but I didn't think we'd beat United today and I was absolutely dreading penalties. Absolutely dreading them. That's three of the top five knocked out by us. Surely we can do one more?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

smurfing berbatov

Banned
    Blog Entries

Looking good for the FA cup final! As long as Everton don't do amazingly well, which would just be my luck. :laugh:

Typical isn't it, before the game I'd have taken a draw, then we go and do it in the worst possible way!

But I did worry beforehand wich the team we had what was going to happen so when the frustration has subsided I think I'll be happy with the point. And a 4-4 next week would mean four away goals!
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 04-21-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

4-4?

Well

Been there

Done that...

Crazy game. Neither team can defend bless but it's us who capitalise. 2 points dropped at Anfield. The Fat Spanish Waitor seems to have decided to completely change his tactics in recent months. Out with the cautious & in with the devil may care. He'll still draw games, instead of 1-1 it will be 4-4.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If only I made Arshavin captain. But 21 fantasy league points, thanks.

Not to mention a 6 point safety net now...

Tottenham, Arshavin and Howard Webb, doing their best to destroy the title race this year!
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 04-25-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Oh that Spurs result was brilliant. My mum's boyfriend supports them and went out for the evening when the score was 2-0. Can't imagine he was too pleased when he saw the final score.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Maybe I just saw all the wrong replays but I don't understand why there is such outrage about the penalty. If Gomez even managed to touch it, which is debatable from what replays I was shown, then it was a matter of brushing fingertips to the point that no referee could have seen it anyway. I just don't get it! Even some United fans I know are saying we were lucky. I must be blind.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

You're not alone BoBBo. I was looking at Setanta Ireland and the commentater went on for a good 5 minutes before calming himself down about how lucky United were. I was laughing. He obviously doesn't have a clue when It comes to penalty decisions because it was a stone-wall penalty. Carrick flicked the ball past Gomes, and then he obstructed & fouled him. Nothing too outragious about it. Anyway...

Whats peoples verdict on the Champions League games? I think United will come out of the Arsenal game either 2-1 or 1-1. Arsenal are scary at the moment.

Chelsea V Barca has all the makings to be a classic. I can't wait for the game. I think Barca will find it very tough to break an english team down, and I expect Chelsea to come through the tie ultimately.

Str8 Pimpin'