Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread 2008-2009 Season

Robinho huh? I guess pissing off Chelsea isn't as good as pissing off United, but it'll do. I guess City may have pushed up the price of the Berbatov deal too. I bet the blue half of Manchester can't wait for the next transfer window now.

Easily the most action-packed deadline day in ages.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    Easily the most action-packed deadline day in ages.
    Definitely. Oh well, theres goes the good nights sleep. Welcome Berbe.

Str8 Pimpin'

Banned
    Blog Entries

I hope Man City does horribly, so all us Chelsea supporters can laugh, laugh at how much of a fool Robinho is, laugh at Real Madrid for ruining a great player.

I'm gonna be angry all day now, I hope the idiots that let this atrocity happen go to hell, seriously.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Dude View Post
    I hope Man City does horribly, so all us Chelsea supporters can laugh, laugh at how much of a fool Robinho is, laugh at Real Madrid for ruining a great player.

I'm gonna be angry all day now, I hope the idiots that let this atrocity happen go to hell, seriously.
    Translation: "I can't believe anyone would do the same thing we do! It's horrendous that any club (aside from ourselves) would ever do such a thing."
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I love the hypocrisy of United's actions with Berbatov in light of how angry they were at Real over the Ronaldo saga.

Also, from Italy:

Diego Milito's transfer from Zaragoza to Genoa was doomed to fail when the Italian Lega Calcio (agency who deal with all the transfers) announced they had closed at 7 last night and pulled out all the plugs so the fax machines wouldn't work anymore. If the papers were in before 12 o'clock last night,the transfer would go ahead.

Milito's agent, Pastorello, had a very smart technique to make sure the papers were in on time, by throwing them over a temporary wall into the office.

Video: video - SPORTMEDIASET

hahahaha what a nutter. Apparently the transfer was confirmed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Hahaha, that's excellent. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I love the hypocrisy of United's actions with Berbatov in light of how angry they were at Real over the Ronaldo saga.
    Every club is a hypocrite in this area. Be it Ronaldo, Barbatov, Barry, Robinho... they all do it. Although the news report that SAF said Berbatov's name was based on a fansite in Norway which used a poor translation and later apologised for this, so United were within their rights when they said that they'd done no (publically knowledgeable) wrong.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Well yeah of course everybody does it. My point is that United did it in such an extreme manner right after acting like Real had shagged their mum and then proceeded to wipe their arse on United's best bath towels.

Anyway, with Man City set to become the new Chelsea, I wonder if the Big 4 will become a Big 3 or a Big 5. I'm not entirely sure if Liverpool and Arsenal can consistently spend ridiculously insane amounts of money to the degree that Chelsea, United, and apparently City can.

Oh Newcastle, you are a constant source of amusement. xD
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

As I said before I do think the ridiculous sums of money being thrown around yesterday was mostly purely down to the fact that we only had about 12 hours or so where we'd suddenly gained the ability to make offers for players that previously were never anywhere near being possible. Sure, from now on we're probably going to be up there with the United and Chelskis but Chelski have wasted enough money on flops to show you that money can't buy you smurf all if you spend it in the wrong places. As long as we get our priorities straight and take care with what we are doing I think we'd become a lot more effective if we wrote off what happened yesterday as a one off and planned out the future, next season or two say than if we just try and throw money in everyones faces and end up like the Real Madrid "galacticos" who had all the shirt selling players but did smurf all with them. Which is probably going to be hard listening to the statements made by the new owners who are pretty much going to be demanding we win every smurfing trophy going.

Articles

I know, what a joke they are. :laugh:

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I know, what a joke they are. :laugh:
    Whenever things look dire at Everton, I just need to look at Newcastle and I instantly feel better. Thanks, Newcastle!

Also I cannot explain Dan's actions in this thread as being anything but bitter jealousy. Everyone knows that we're linked with Alan Smith because Moyes doesn't want him there when he becomes Newcastle manager tomorrow/next week/end of the season/never. Carlo Nash also significantly boosts out "players with interesting names" list, along with Phil Jagielka, Segundo Castillo and Lukas Jutkiewicz.

We also seem to now employ the most expensive Belgian footballer ever.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    All we have to do is keep Fabregas from getting injured all season!

What the hell, this is our strategy so no point moaning about it now. Just have to see how it goes. If we mess up though not having enough depth then we know what to blame. Signings or no signings, we'd have a fighting chance if we learnt to defend, decided not to pass the ball into the net all the time and had a captain who could act like one. I think I'm asking for too much there though.
    I think Arsenal fans should be upset that they didn't sign some quality in depth. You cannot expect Fabregas to play every game of the season - not even Steven Gerrard (who would play through the pain barrier for Liverpool) could.

And last season, Arsenal fell out of the title race because of a lack of depth. And then experienced players are sold, with youthful replacements signed.

I would be seriously upset with the Arsenal board if I was an Arsenal fan.
    Well I am an Arsenal fan, and whilst I am disappointed we did not sign someone, I like to put my faith in the manager. Despite everything, I don't think anyone could do a better job than Wenger right now, and if we fail to win trophies this season, then obviously he will be at fault for not buying. But for now all I can do is I get behind the team.

So no I am not 'seriously upset'
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Maybe Arsenal will do alright, but it seems a bit silly not to invest a bit more. Anyway, completely pointless to debate this, because time will tell.

What the hell is going on with club owners though? Keegan & Curbishley were both seriously undermined. It's ridiculous that managers don't have any input in their players anymore.

I just hope this trend does not continue.

Articles

Newcastle and West Ham have always been crazy clubs. It's not exactly a new phenomenon. Just sit back, enjoy it and provide mocking laughter.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Yes, I may not know what the future holds for Arsenal, but at the very least right now, I can be thankful I do not support West Ham or Newcastle.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"