Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1424282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread 2008-2009 Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Personally I hope Arsenal save all their strength for the league game with United rather than the European one, although I know it won't happen. I agree with you on the Barca Chelsea game. Although they're not dominating the Premiership anymore, I think Chelsea play a lot better now than they did under Mourinho.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Whats peoples verdict on the Champions League games? I think United will come out of the Arsenal game either 2-1 or 1-1. Arsenal are scary at the moment.
    Our defence is terrifying, I'll give you that =P

Argh no, not Man Utd v Chelsea again!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Away goals may smurf Chelsea over big time in the return leg.

Meanwhile, in the league-

May 10 (1.30pm): United v Man City

May 13 (8pm): Wigan v United

May 16 (12.45pm): United v Arsenal

This is our last hope. 3 games in a week, two of them against United's fiercest rivals. If they pick up 9 points from that marathon, they deserve the league. If only we'd won that game against Boro...!

Also I stand by what I said about Giggs earlier. Apparently he's only started 12 league games this season. I suppose he deserved to win it eventually, as he's the only footballer I can remember still being around from when I first got into it and he's still playing consistently well at a Premiership level, but Vidic can feel hard done by.

Liverpool should look at all the games they drew at home (just like us last year), not losing to Middlesbrough! You've only lost twice all season, that hasn't been the problem.

As for Chelsea, everyone is arguing over how they played last night, but I'm not too fussed about that. I just think it's a major gamble when you take a 0-0 draw away in the first leg, a score draw would put Barcelona through now. The media will probably go crazy that Chelsea have seized the advantage but it's still very much a 50/50 tie.

Oh yeah there's another semi-final tonight

I'm staring Man Utd v Chelsea in the face again

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Wow i'm really pleased with our performance tonight, its the best i've seen us play in a long time. It's probably the spur we got from the spurs game *joke cough..*. Tevez is so important to us, and even though I have time for Berbatov, he would be my choice to partner Rooney up front. I'm also happy with the result, although I can't help but feel we should have gotten more out of the game. Even if it were 2-0, the tie would be dead & buried. 1-0 is still very open to anything.

As for the PFA award, my feelings are the same as Paul's.

Str8 Pimpin'

We've clearly taken our gameplan from the Harlem Globetrotters in Futurama! To paraphrase Ethan 'Bubblegum' Tate:

"It was always our plan to be behind at half-time, thus deepning Man Utd's eventual humiliation!"

See, we just want to lull them into a false sense of security! Away goals? Pah, who needs them!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Also I stand by what I said about Giggs earlier. Apparently he's only started 12 league games this season. I suppose he deserved to win it eventually, as he's the only footballer I can remember still being around from when I first got into it and he's still playing consistently well at a Premiership level, but Vidic can feel hard done by.
    Yeah, I agree; Vidic probably deserved it. I think someone on the LJ Premiership community made the point that Darren Anderton has started more games this season than Giggs. And he retired in December.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles

Well, we've done our bit to get the Barcodes relegated. How about YOU?

Mmm Michael Owen let me lick your tears.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Thank you, Liverpool, for doing your bit to get Newcastle relegated. I, for one, support you in those particular endeavours.

Also well done to Preston sneaking into the play-offs too. I was disappointed that Tranmere were unfortunate enough to lose out on a play-off spot yesterday, but good luck to Alan Irvine.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Thank you, Liverpool, for doing your bit to get Newcastle relegated. I, for one, support you in those particular endeavours.
    You've got a funny way of showing it...!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well, sod you winning the league. I'm more than happy for you to help relegate Newcastle!

Decent result for us today. Dull first half but the second half was good. The fun tomorrow is seeing who is actually in the worst form: Hull or Villa. Hopefully Hull can do us a favour by beating Villa.

Newcastle v Middlesbrough - expect them to draw, thus screwing each other to probable relegation. But if Hull lose tomorrow they and Sunserland are still right in the brown stuff if there is a winner in the Newcastle v Boro game.

Birmingham go up to the Premiership next year, and one of Sheffield United/Preston/Reading/Burnley will join them. No Cardiff in the playoffs, hooray!

Norwich, Southampton and Charlton all relegated to Division Two/League One, pretty grim all round for those teams. Did Southampton really make the FA Cup final only six years ago?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Well, sod you winning the league. I'm more than happy for you to help relegate Newcastle!

Decent result for us today. Dull first half but the second half was good. The fun tomorrow is seeing who is actually in the worst form: Hull or Villa. Hopefully Hull can do us a favour by beating Villa.
    My point was that said decent result was an odd way to help us relegate Newcastle, seeing as Sunderland are also relegation threatened. Couldn't you have taken one for the team?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I just thought I'd pop in to say, come on United!
    Last edited by Rocket Edge; 05-05-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Str8 Pimpin'