View Poll Results: Is two Face dead or not?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • He done died.

14 35.00%
  • He lives! HE LIIIIIIIVES!

26 65.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Dark Knight Spoilers Ahead

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm surprised Batman didn't dance in those movies.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to see the Batusi so bad.

I think he's dead just because he got enough screen time and attention in this movie that he doesn't need to be in another one. Not like the Scarecrow. :P Falling off his horse in Batman Begins and selling fear drugs at the beginning of The Dark Knight.

I thought the Two-Face of Batman Forever was an abomination and an insult, so I really hope this Two-Face isn't dead. He is the perfect representation of the character, in my mind.

As for whether or not he is dead, I really can't say, but I agree with everyone else in that it just doesn't make sense to kill him off so early.

Jellyfish swim by.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    I thought the Two-Face of Batman Forever was an abomination and an insult, so I really hope this Two-Face isn't dead.
    Keep in mind that the Schumacher basically attempted to recreate the Adam West era using Burton's work for the purpose of targetting a younger audience than the Burton films did (in fact, the Schumacher films even carried a few direct references to the Adam West era), so it was a given that it came at the expense of character quality and thus ruined the film series in the process. While I don't agree with this movie's writers retconning Maroni's role in Dent's disfigurement for the purpose of making the Joker even more evil than he already is (much like the 89 movie's writers changing the murderer of Bruce Wayne's parents to the Joker did with that character), at least this time, they didn't screw around with Two-Face's coin toss gimmick and left it within the comic canon.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 07-21-2008 at 03:43 AM.

I really hope Two Face isn't dead for reasons mentioned.

I was happy when they had him become Two Face and go around being a criminal like that. It really felt like Joker started the reign of insane criminals when Two Face became born. It would suck if he honestly died from a fall Batman could take.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I like how everyone is forgetting that Batman walks around in a bullet proof body suit whereas Two-Face was just in a regular suit. I imagine one of the two had a bit more collision resistance than the other.

That said, I hope he's alive.

Now I'm far from an expert here. But I don't believe bulletproof armor protects from falls. I mean I'm pretty certain the ground hurts whether your in armor or not. Cushions on the other hand...
    This space intentionally left blank.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would wager the headgear offered some protection, at least.

As I said in the original thread regarding this movie, I doubt that Two-Face is dead. First, he is one of two titular Batman villains, the other being the Joker. Second, it was a three story fall and the most he would have suffered from the way he landed was some broken bones, I don't recall him having any other injuries other than the burns.

I am torn between whether or not I want them to bring Two-Face back though. I did not like the way they portrayed the character in that he was a thing of vengeance, rather than a criminal super villain with multiple personality disorder. I like Aaron Eckhart as an actor and I enjoyed his portrayal of Harvey Dent. However, I did not like how he portrayed Two-Face as an intensely human being bent on destroying the lives of the people connected to the murderers of the person he loved the most. It felt too cheesy to me. So, I would not be disappointed in seeing the character again, portrayed once again by Eckhart, but I would like to see some changes to the way he is played. For the most part, I attributed the acting to how little screen time Two-Face received.

As far as the next movie is concerned, I think it will focus more on Bruce Wayne and Batman trying to deal with no longer being Gotham's main squeeze. It will be him trying to prove to himself and the world who he is. If Two-Face were to return in the eventual sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if they included some of the minor villains like they did with Spider-Man 3 (only a lot better because that movie sucked).

I think people are forgetting that this is a series of movies, not a tv series or comic book. Just because he's one of the main villains in the comics, that doesn't mean he's going to be in any more of the movies. There probably aren't going to be that many.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it would be reasonable for Two Face to come back in as a more traditional version of the character, multiple personalities fully developed. I can't imagine them doing that in the very next movie though... which makes me kind of sad because I want this movie series to continue for a very long time, but it probably wont. The current cast (who's left, anyway) said, from what I hear, they're only willing to do one more.

ETA: Also what Roto said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    I thought the Two-Face of Batman Forever was an abomination and an insult, so I really hope this Two-Face isn't dead.
    Keep in mind that the Schumacher basically attempted to recreate the Adam West era using Burton's work for the purpose of targetting a younger audience than the Burton films did (in fact, the Schumacher films even carried a few direct references to the Adam West era), so it was a given that it came at the expense of character quality and thus ruined the film series in the process. While I don't agree with this movie's writers retconning Maroni's role in Dent's disfigurement for the purpose of making the Joker even more evil than he already is (much like the 89 movie's writers changing the murderer of Bruce Wayne's parents to the Joker did with that character), at least this time, they didn't screw around with Two-Face's coin toss gimmick and left it within the comic canon.
    I understand Schumacher's intent, but I didn't enjoy it. That said, Batman Forever wasn't a bad film and it was fine popcorn entertainment.

Also I just plain don't like Tommy Lee Jones if he's not in a serious drama role.

Jellyfish swim by.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

If he's dead that's such a rip.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Now I'm far from an expert here. But I don't believe bulletproof armor protects from falls. I mean I'm pretty certain the ground hurts whether your in armor or not. Cushions on the other hand...
    I'd imagine it would be resilient enough to prevent things such as snapped spines and other such things which cause death from falls.