View Poll Results: Is two Face dead or not?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • He done died.

14 35.00%
  • He lives! HE LIIIIIIIVES!

26 65.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Dark Knight Spoilers Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I think people are forgetting that this is a series of movies, not a tv series or comic book. Just because he's one of the main villains in the comics, that doesn't mean he's going to be in any more of the movies. There probably aren't going to be that many.
    That's true, but unless they develop an entirely new villain specifically for the movie, they don't have a lot to work with. Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, etc are all fairly minor bad guys. Harley Quinn is nothing without Joker and to a lesser extent Ivy. Catwoman and Riddler, while decent villains in and over themselves, they do not do much of anything spectacular and they both become "good guys" in a general sense. Despite Nolan saying he wanted something different from everything else done on Batman, he cannot exactly ignore Batman lore and fact without disrupting half of whatever fandom he has created for himself and his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    The current cast (who's left, anyway) said, from what I hear, they're only willing to do one more.
    From what I know, Bale and the rest of the cast have signed on to make three complete movies. Although this doesn't mean they will not develop more with the new cast if the third movie does just as well as the second one has been doing.

I'd imagine it would be resilient enough to prevent things such as snapped spines and other such things which cause death from falls.
    It would probably serve as a cushioning but not much more than that due to it being light weight and enabling him better movement.

I hope he's not, the Harvey Dent in this movie was pretty damn good and I would hope that if he's gonna die he sure as hell isn't gonna die in such a lame way (falling).
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    I hope he's not, the Harvey Dent in this movie was pretty damn good and I would hope that if he's gonna die he sure as hell isn't gonna die in such a lame way (falling).
    The Joker's death in the 89 movie was similar.

The Joker's death was far, far more climactic then what happens to Two-Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    You got that right. I meant to grill the poster above me as to the ambiguousness of his statement. I mean, again, that's like saying The Joker's death in the 1989 movie was lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    You got that right. I meant to grill the poster above me as to the ambiguousness of his statement. I mean, again, that's like saying The Joker's death in the 1989 movie was lame.
    Fine, falling anticlimactically to his death. Happy?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    Fine, falling anticlimactically to his death. Happy?
    Fair enough...

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Er... seemed dead to me. They had a funeral and all.

I know people tend to come back to life in movies, but there didn't seem to be much ambiguity with Dent's death.

Not saying that they won't bring him back, especially considering that they won't have the Joker in the next film (no way they're recasting the role), but it seems like the original intention was to kill him off by the end of the film. But he could definitely be brought back for the next film since the situation has changed since they shot the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Er... seemed dead to me. They had a funeral and all.

I know people tend to come back to life in movies, but there didn't seem to be much ambiguity with Dent's death.

Not saying that they won't bring him back, especially considering that they won't have the Joker in the next film (no way they're recasting the role), but it seems like the original intention was to kill him off by the end of the film. But he could definitely be brought back for the next film since the situation has changed since they shot the film.
    If they recast the role of Harvey Dent in the previous series of films (it's worth noting that the man cast as Harvey Dent in the 1989 movie accepted the role to ensure an opportunity for a role as Two-Face in a future movie, but the infamous directorial change led to Tommy Lee Jones being cast for Two-Face's role instead), then they could certainly recast The Joker's role, but rest assured, it won't be the same without Ledger.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am saying that they will absolutely NOT recast the Joker in the next and final film with Nolan at the helm and with the current cast in place. In the future, when the Batman is reimagined for the big screen with a new director, and a new cast, and with a rebirth of the franchise, they will for sure select a new actor to take on the role.

But for what is to be the final film in this current line of Batman films? No way in hell they're gonna try and replace Ledger. It just will not be done. If they do recast the Joker, then I will eat my shoe.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eat your shoe. EAT IT.

They have to re-cast the Joker. He's Batman's forevergirl. And if they don't finally put Harley Quinn in a movie I am going to be so damn pissed!

Harley Quinn wouldn't suit these movies at all. They would have to completely reinterpret her, probably removing a lot of the things that made her character so appealing in the animated series.

Harley Quinn was in the comics, too, after she became so popular in the animated series. And she was a lot darker and more twisted, a lot like the Joker.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd go gay for Harley Quinn. Put her in, dammmit!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, that's not going to happen.