View Poll Results: Is two Face dead or not?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • He done died.

14 35.00%
  • He lives! HE LIIIIIIIVES!

26 65.00%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Dark Knight Spoilers Ahead

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm of the opinion that he's dead. If not, then that'd mean that Gordon and Wayne are both abominably unobservant, since both examined Two-Face's body. Besides, how would he get away? So badly hurt that two experts think he's dead, and the entire area surrounded by police officers and dogs who'd be poring over the scene in absolute detail. Unless his various injuries and damaged mental state gave him super-powers or something trashy like that, he couldn't simply spring to his feet and bound away.

If he's 'brought back' in future I'll accept it, but for me it really doesn't wash with a lot of what seems logical.

Besides, it'd be a little cheese-flavoured to have both the Joker and Two-Face survive after being flung from tall buildings.

I think this film exhausted a lot of the potential of Dent's character. We're showing why he's a hero, and what makes him 'turn'. He's got no reason to go and become a super-villain; he's just a man who was passionate and charismatic, who got driven beyond desperation and salvation by losing everything he cared about. There's not really anyone left for him to take revenge on, except Batman himself, and that's not a fight he could win - or even start, convincingly - on his own.

Or so I see it, anyway.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    If not, then that'd mean that Gordon and Wayne are both abominably unobservant, since both examined Two-Face's body.
    None of them actually said "he's dead," while looking at him. They just continued their conversation, and then it cut to the memorial. If he is alive, both Gordon and Wayne know it, and he'll probably be locked up at Arkham.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

From what I looked up, Bale pushed his mom during an argument because she insulted his wife. There was also mention about his mom and sister wanting money from him. I don't know how that turned into him being arrested for beating his wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    im thinking of this as a prequel to the series already out. so yes, hes alive
    Then you would be a moron.*

*Disclaimer: I don't think you're a moron, but, no, that's stupid.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    If not, then that'd mean that Gordon and Wayne are both abominably unobservant, since both examined Two-Face's body.
    None of them actually said "he's dead," while looking at him. They just continued their conversation, and then it cut to the memorial. If he is alive, both Gordon and Wayne know it, and he'll probably be locked up at Arkham.
    Hmm... in that case, they'd still have to fake his death somehow, and get him a false identity while he's interred - after all, preserving his reputation was crucial to their plans. They'd also have to keep him isolated in such a way as to prevent anyone from simply talking to him, or looking at the uninjured side of his head, and realising who he is...

There are undoubtedly other ways of doing it, but that whole scene was set up in such a way that I find it hard to envisage a practical way of him being alive, and rescued, and in a position where has can become a villain again but without the public knowing that their hero Dent had become a murderer. Unless that's going to be the whole point, of course - he returns a few years later, shattering everyone's illusions and whatnot. We'll see.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eckhart Agrees To Third Batman Film:

Aaron Eckhart would reprise his role from The Dark Knight - because working with Christian Bale is "phenomenal".

Eckhart, who plays District Attorney Harvey Dent in the sequel, confesses he "absolutely" would star in a third Batman film.

He tells WENN, "To work with Christian (Bale) all over again, and the cast, would be phenomenal. I think this movie is a movie of a lifetime."
    Source

Uh... uh. Yeah. I don't know what's going on now.

I think this is a "would have if he could" situation, regardless of whether he is or not.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    I think this is a "would have if he could" situation, regardless of whether he is or not.
    Kind of like Shatner wanting to be in the new Star Trek prequel as 'old Kirk', despite his character being killed off over ten years ago?

I know nothing of Star Trek so I'm confused.
    whos' obama?

Yeah, that's just saying he would do it, not that he will. xP I think he's getting his hopes up.

If the Scarecrow can turn up in the Dark Knight then we definitely shouldn't rule out the possibility of Two Face returning. But to be honest there's nothing else he can really do in the third Batman that he hadn't already done in the Dark Knight. He had his moment.

I'm all for the Riddler turning up in the third film. People are even saying it was hinted at in the Dark Knight but I don't remember when. I'd also like to see the Penguin make a return but don't think it would work. What Heath did for the Joker Devito did for the Penguin. No one can replace him.

Scarecrow didn't die in Batman Begins, though. It wasn't even hinted at that he died. Hell, I don't remember him even being arrested. He just fell off his horse. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Scarecrow didn't die in Batman Begins, though. It wasn't even hinted at that he died. Hell, I don't remember him even being arrested. He just fell off his horse. :P
    Speaking of the Scarecrow, I thought that the way he was taken down was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more anticlimactic than Two-Face. It was just like *tase* Bye.
    whos' obama?

Yeah, it didn't really bother me when it happened, but looking back, that was a pretty lame way for a villain to be done in. Kind of goes with the fact that the movie was almost entirely about Batman himself, though.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok seriously, I was sooooo happy to see scarecrow again in this movie. Cillian Murphy is so creepy/sexy.

Cillian Murphy didn't get enough screen time. He really was a waste.