Thread: My ultimate challenge

Default My ultimate challenge

First i thought making constraints was nerdy, but i finally tried it myself about a year ago, and i got amazed of how much more fun it actually makes of it!

what i first tried was:
    -Not allowed to

* use materia
    * Items
    * rest areas

So you're just allowed to rest up at the in-game scenes, like when Cloud sleeps over at Aeris'
    With this i managed to get up a few floors in the shinra building.

So my challenge is lets see who can get the furtherest up in shinra. or, allow the start materia(like cloud-lightning) and the items you find + the usage of rest areas

who wants to join, and wich challenge?

someone could just grind lvls like crazy before they ever go to the shinra building

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by bdon333 View Post
    someone could just grind lvls like crazy before they ever go to the shinra building
    That'd get really difficult with the 'no resting, no healing' restrictions... the only way to regain health without potions/materia/sleep is by Aeris' Healing Wind limit break, so any level-grinding would have to be done before she's abducted by Shinra.

i dont know...do Aeris got healing materia? cause if she does thats allowed. but yeah, only limits and healing here and there...sometimes in the game you start out different places with full health. so the trick is to lvl as much as possible, as close to death as possible to have higj lvl to get far in shinra HQ.
    I do not think it is possible to complete shinra. Cause of the boss for nanaki. but found items are allowed so maybe.

i wish i just posted this challenge many years ago, when the game was still new. Cause im not a good enough gamer to even know if it is possible to get out of midgard like this.
    I myself got up some floors but i think it stopped when i had to fight those guards at some elevator

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Try playing the game without playing the game.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've never tried a challenge run.

RPGs are long enough without arbitrary restrictions.

But if you love a game and have played it a million times I can see why you might try a run with a different spin to it.