Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So it's on shelves today.

Someone owes me $20. I now have proof that "Cagnazzo" is pronounced the Italian way.

Lots of this game's names are Italian, or at least Italian sounding. Rosa and [R/L]ydia for examples.

I don't think I'll be putting this down anytime soon.

I now kinda want this really bad. I'll have to wait.

How's the battle theme? Did they do it right, or does it sound better/worse?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Rydia's Mathemagic Minute can go smurf itself.

Battle theme sounds fine.

*editga* Just got my ASS KICKED by Scarmiglione.
    Last edited by Jowy; 07-23-2008 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post
    How's the battle theme? Did they do it right, or does it sound better/worse?
    Battle themes are for the most part unchanged. They sound a bit different, but they're still great. The music sounds more orchestral (not a whole lot though) than just some midi beats.

EDIT: Has anyone yet noticed that battles can be dealt with with one hand? L acts as A and you just use the D-Pad. Unless of course you want to cancel an action, then you have to use B.

EDIT ver2.0: Apparently this also works outside of battles. It doesn't seem to work in menus though, L and R are reserved for switching between characters.

EDIT ver2.1: I remember Dragon Quest VIII using this method as well. I hope we continue to see it in further installments to the series.
    Last edited by Yar; 07-23-2008 at 02:22 AM.

FFXIV Character

Oh yeah, there was no somethingawful.com reference at the beginning of the game this time either. :aimcry:

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Grr! Wal Mart didn't have it. Can't justify driving half an hour to pick it up at a Gamestop.

I'm really hoping they'll have it tomorrow

FFXIV Character

Protip: Heal Scarmiglione to death, he doesn't counterattack that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Grr! Wal Mart didn't have it. Can't justify driving half an hour to pick it up at a Gamestop.

I'm really hoping they'll have it tomorrow
    Wal-Mart is terrible at stocking new games. You can ask if they have it in the back, that's how I got my DS Lite.

You could also order online. :rolleyes3

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually asked the guy there, just to see if they had it in the back or something. He said they didn't get any shipments today, so I figured unless he was lying to me they just didn't have it.

They had the strategy guide, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    I actually asked the guy there, just to see if they had it in the back or something. He said they didn't get any shipments today, so I figured unless he was lying to me they just didn't have it.

They had the strategy guide, though!
    I actually considered buying the strategy guide. I don't know why. I've beat the game at least twenty times.

I guess it's just my unconditional love for it.

FFXIV Character

They really spike the difficulty curve after you arrive in Mysidia. I'm not used to Cagnazzo being hard. :aimcry:

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    They really spike the difficulty curve after you arrive in Mysidia. I'm not used to Cagnazzo being hard. :aimcry:
    Well you haven't met Dark Elf yet. Good luck. He was really tough.

I'm trying to level Cecil to 35 for Zot. Hopefully Kain and Rosa still join at Cecil's level.

I just got to Mysidia. I have realized that I have been pronouncing a couple names wrong as well. I guess it's good that they had voices just for the simple reason to correct my pronunciation.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

I've decided to cut back on the games I'm playing from now on. So I don't have this game yet, but I'll eventually play it, maybe in 2010. It'll be a while since I have other games to beat first. I'm beating only three games for the rest of the year...

Final Fantasy I(PSP)
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift(DS)
    Mass Effect(PC) <---I will upgrade my pc for this!

I beat Final Fantasy IV before for the Super Nintendo but it's been many years since that time. I don't know if I've beaten the game more than one time but I give the game a 9.5/10 score!

Final Fantasy IV(DS) players, I have a homework assignment for you. Go to the official Japanese website for the game...
    FINAL FANTASY IV
    After watching the intro click on Movie. Then on the top left under Promotion Movie click on Large Size. Watch that trailer, I think it's the first trailer released for the game. It's one of the greatest trailers in history! What do you think of it?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008