Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So it's on shelves today.

2010? I don't know that I could wait that long. Hell, I only waited 15 minutes after GameStop opened to get this, and it's been my off-and-on day project today.

Why are you putting a schedule on how many games you want to beat this year? Games aren't meant to be tasks, they're s'posed-ta be for fun! Pick 'em up and put 'em down whenever you want.

I don't mean to, but I seem to rotate through the year the same way. Final Fantasy dominates my summer, while simulation games like Sims or Animal Crossing seem to be all I play in the winter. :/

I got it but I haven't touched it yet. Too busy catching up on manga cuz I got behind due to FFTA2

EDIT okay got through the beginning but WTF Sessil? I always thought it as Seesill
    Last edited by Arc_Master_14; 07-23-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arc_Master_14 View Post
    I got it but I haven't touched it yet. Too busy catching up on manga cuz I got behind due to FFTA2

EDIT okay got through the beginning but WTF Sessil? I always thought it as Seesill
    I know how ya feel Arc. I have been pronouncing it wrong all this time as well. Same with Eidolon. I was saying Idle-on not Idle-in. Also with Yang! I called him Yay-ng when it is actually Young (which does make sense now that I think about it.)

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Arc_Master_14 View Post

I have a friend in real life and that's how he pronounces it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magixion View Post

I know how ya feel Arc. I have been pronouncing it wrong all this time as well. Same with Eidolon. I was saying Idle-on not Idle-in. Also with Yang! I called him Yay-ng when it is actually Young (which does make sense now that I think about it.)

So that's how you say Eidolon. Also Yang as lost some awesome points.

Congratulations! Your Rydia just evolved into a complete babe!

I'm glad they are clarifying pronunciations now.

Golbez was a BEAST in the battle with him he's a lot like Hein from Final Fantasy III, except this time around, any magic that isn't his weakness heals him. A lot.
    Last edited by Yar; 07-23-2008 at 06:31 PM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Dammit, man! Take a break for two hours so I can catch up.

Trudging through the Tower of Zot. I honestly didn't have any problems with Dark Elf. 3x Focus with two Fire Claws hits for about 3K, combined with Firaga, Cecil on healing, and Cid with a Fire-property weapon and I took him down fast.

I guess I missed a bunch of augments too. Oh well.
    Last edited by Jowy; 07-23-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Dammit, man! Take a break for two hours so I can catch up.

I have things I have to do anyway. I just don't want to do them!

Lol even funnier I was watching Xplay and Adam Sessler said Seesill and I started laughing really hard

FFXIV Character

CHEATING AT MINI-GAMES 101:

Rydia's Mathemagic Minute: Close the DS, solve the problem on some paper, enter it in quickly.

Rosa's Measured Meditations: Online Stopwatch

Cecil's Goblin Gauntlet: Get a plastic fork and cradle it back and forth across the screen, it'll hit all three rows of goblins.

Kain's Highjump Hijinks: Put it on a flat surface, stylus in one hand, Lego Knight's Kingdom Lance (use whatever, it's what I had handy.) in the other.

Enjoy your costumes for those four, haven't progressed enough in the game to play Edge's yet.

*editga* The White Mage outfit looks HORRIBLE on that little thing.
    Last edited by Jowy; 07-23-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Mini-games? Haven't yet seen any.

I just beat Dr. Lugae, who is definitely one of the bosses whose strategy they've changed and whose difficulty they've upped.

I died at least fifteen times.

FFXIV Character

Fat Chocobo lets you play minigames to increase the stats of Rydia's Whyt summon.

On my way to the tower to die at Lugae 15 times.

WHY IS THERE A TITLE SCREEN MENU ON THE SAVE GAME BUTTON JESUS smurf DIUEIOUDHDH ARGH
    Last edited by Jowy; 07-23-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got it today! I like the case.

Only played about half an hour. I'll most likely really start digging into it tomorrow on my trip to Tennessee. Too sleepy right now to want to deal mych.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    On my way to the tower to die at Lugae 15 times.
    I think I died that much because I was learning how to make a strategy. I've sworn NOT to look at ANY strategy guides or FAQs for this.

Plus I might've been a bit weak. I was only lower 40's.

I found an item I think was called the Eblana Sutra. I used it and the weird music started playing and Cecil said "Whew."

FFXIV Character

So far two wipes at Lugae, both times Rosa wound up dying due to self-destructs from the previous phase. Having to climb the tower again because I didn't save wound up being beneficial. I got the Stoneblade and Giant Gloves from monsters on the way back up a second time. God, what a hard boss though. Current levels are 38~40, probably should grind a bit, eh?

I think I'm about 44-47 and Edge at 39. I'm at Rubicante, who's beat me once.

I needed to take a break to get some work done.

I must say, this is the hardest Final Fantasy I've ever played.
    You thought X was hard? X's got nothing on this.

EDIT: This is great. I'm finding more success between the two of us than I have in any Eyes on Plays..., and this game is next month! What am I going to do?
    Last edited by Yar; 07-24-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Had to make an observance.