Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: So it's on shelves today.

Blog Entries

*snacks goes to buy ds and game
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I understood you, I just didn't understand why you didn't save on the world map when you had to leave the tower of zot and go like, underground x.x;

golbez went down nice and easy after I gained a few levels and cecil picked up Raise 8)

Does anyone else use a watch with a second hand when doing Rosa's whyt training? And I will be able to train his speed when I get Edge, yesyes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    And I will be able to train his speed when I get Edge, yesyes?
    Yup. And Edge's minigame is the easiest... by far. It's not hard at all to get max-points (9999 points) in Edge's mini game. Just make it to 7000 points and then finish off the Malboro.

And when you get 9999, you get a sexy new suit for your Whyt! =D

I just beat the Demon Wall. He, too, was much easier than I remembered him to be. Then again, there are demon walls in other FFs too, so I might have thought of some other demon wall. Still, since Crush seems to be his only attack, a few Pheonix Downs is all you need to beat this one with ease.

Current Levels: Rydia: 55, Cecil: 53, Kain: 51, Rosa: 49, Edge: 48

You know what's horrible.

FFIV-DS caused a marital argument between my husband and I. xD

We went to gamestop and he wanted to get FFIV-DS then realized that he would have my DS, so he wanted to buy me a pink DS and a copy of FFIV-DS for me and.. well we didn't have that kind of money and we ended up arguing loudly in gamestop for like 10 minutes.

He still got FFIV-DS and I won the arguement, and so I watched him play it for a while. It's pretty to look at.

I just don't like that Cecil is Sesil. I always called him See-Sil.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got about halfway up the tower of babil and now I can't play again until august 22nd;.;

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    I just don't like that Cecil is Sesil. I always called him See-Sil.
    I agree. I pronounced it like that, too. I think that the official pronounciation sounds more appealing to the Japanese audience.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Ack, I just realized I kinda stopped playing when I got busy with school again. Time to start back up and actually head to the moon! Whoo!

Also, about the pronunciation of Cecil, I always said See-sil as well, which is the correct way to say it in english (at least I think so.) Though, I dislike that because it is derived from Japanese they changed it... Lame eh?

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

See-sil sounds tougher than Ses-sill.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I worked with a Cecil once. I think his was pronounced the other way than it is in the game, but the way in the game was the way I originally pronounced it so I can never be for sure which was the way his name was really pronounced, but I'm glad it's see-sil because thats easier for me to remember. So it must've been my cecil was a ses-ill.

No, Rubah. You got it backward! :mog: Your Cecil is "Cecil," not "Cecil"!

I do know that Sideshow Bob's brother's name is pronounced Seh-sil, so that's how I pronounce "Cecil."

isn't the way the game pronounces it the English (Brittish) way of pronouncing it... i remember a Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob's brother Cecil showed up and tried to blow up a dam and they pronounced it like the game does... the episode was "The Brother From Another Network"...

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    isn't the way the game pronounces it the English (Brittish) way of pronouncing it... i remember a Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob's brother Cecil showed up and tried to blow up a dam and they pronounced it like the game does... the episode was "The Brother From Another Network"...
    You're prolly right. I remember that episode and it is "Ses-il" I guess in America I've heard of "See-Sils" and the fem form "See-seel" "Cecil" and "Cecile".

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its possibly a difference in pronunciation. There's and American film called "Cecil B. Demented" and its pronounced See-cil. Course I always pronounced it Se-cil So I'm happy to know I've been pronouncing it correctly.

I think Chocobo has been the only word in the series I never said properly.

Blog Entries

*has now beaten the game*

Something kinda funny: my first battle with Zeromus wasn't supposed to be a serious attempt. I went right in, unprepared and with my characters in the mid 60's, which I at that point thought were too low. But then I just beat him like that, on the first try. Survived Meteor thanks to Kain and my Whyt's Jumping. The problem was, I forgot to steal the Dark Matter (since I didn't think I'd actually win) so I had to replay him again (I had also forgotten some cool Augments that I wanted for my New Game+, so I would have replayed him even if I had stolen the Dark Matter, though). Oh well. Whatever.

And at first I thought I'd never be motivated enough to actually replay the game with New Game+, but now I'm already doing it! This time, it will be a solo-Rydia game, though. Well, once I have Adult Rydia, that is. Up to that point, I'll have to play with other characters.