Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who Plays TES Oblivion?

Dragonsoul you seem awfully darn interested in video games. My goodness.

Today I got in the mail The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(PC, Collectors Edition)!!! This is so great!

It includes three items as bonus features...
    1. Septim Coin
    2. Pocket Guide to Oblivion(mini-book with info)
    3. Dvd with bonus features(The Making of Oblivion documentary, E3 2005 trailer, screenshots, artwork)

The package itself is ultimate, it is wrapped in plastic and the actual package has like a cover and you take the package out of it, the main package folds out. There's the two dvd's(game disc, bonus features), the bonus stuff, good artwork on the packaging, game manual, map of Cyrodiil, and a registration card, and an advertisement for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on cellphones!

I have the strategy guide(Game of the Year edition) and it's huge!!!

I can't run Oblivion on my pc yet, too bad. I'm upgrading though.

Does anybody else here have the Collectors Edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? What do you think of it? ?!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Today I got in the mail The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(PC, Collectors Edition)!!! This is so great!

It includes three items as bonus features...
    1. Septim Coin
    2. Pocket Guide to Oblivion(mini-book with info)
    3. Dvd with bonus features(The Making of Oblivion documentary, E3 2005 trailer, screenshots, artwork)

The package itself is ultimate, it is wrapped in plastic and the actual package has like a cover and you take the package out of it, the main package folds out. There's the two dvd's(game disc, bonus features), the bonus stuff, good artwork on the packaging, game manual, map of Cyrodiil, and a registration card, and an advertisement for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on cellphones!

I have the strategy guide(Game of the Year edition) and it's huge!!!

I can't run Oblivion on my pc yet, too bad. I'm upgrading though.

Does anybody else here have the Collectors Edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? What do you think of it? ?!
    Yeah, i got the collectors edition on launch. It's alright, pretty useless though.,,

I loved the dvd and the coin, haven't read the mini-book yet, I'm reading the game manual.
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Man, i have the collectors edition on Xbox. But i'm playing it on PS3 atm. It's smurfed up three times now.

I'm a vampire so I decided to do the quest to cure myself of it. After getting all the items, the witch that creates the cure wont accept the final ingredient off me - Bloodgrass. I'm stuck being a vampire.

The second glitch happened when i was travelling underwater and found a door. I was low on oxygen and when i entered the other side i died. And as it autosaved there was nothing i could do.

The third time I exited a tower in the Imperial City and it just freezes on the load screen. And once again it autosaved locking me in this situation. I then had to revert back to a previous save where i was a couple levels lower and had a lot less cash.

Other than that, I love the game. For the record, i never experienced any annoyances like this on the xbox version.

For Western rpg's I'm thinking these are my choices for the different settings...

Medieval fantasy: The Elder Scrolls
    Modern near future: Fallout
    Sci-Fi future: Mass Effect

Have you tried the pc version? I suppose with patches, it'll have the least error. You going to buy Fallout 3? ?!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Blog Entries

I play the PC version and have had no problems whatso ever.

Almost done reading the manual. When I'm done I'll start reading "The Pocket Guide to Oblivion"!

I think what I'll do is play Fallout 3 but in a couple years when I fully finish Fallout 3. Both games are very similar and made by the same team and super super long. I don't want to play both simultaneously. What's your reaction to this? ?!

I'm upset that my pc can't run The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's taking a while for my pc to get upgraded and ready. What I may do tonight is watch some of my 12 disc dvd super set of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Lord of the Rings is similar to The Elder Scrolls.

What's your reaction to this? ?!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Have you tried the pc version? I suppose with patches, it'll have the least error. You going to buy Fallout 3? ?!
    Nah, my PC could not run it. I'm not a PC gamer anyway.

And yeah, def getting Fallout 3. But it's banned in my country so i'll have to import it. xD

EDIT: Man, typping that makes me feel like im in nazi Germany.

Moomba

I'm using the pc version and I'm trying to clarify the order of the pc releases, I think this is it...

PC Releases
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    !The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(Collectors Edition)
    Downloadable content 1-7(over time)
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of Nine(DLC8)(Also includes DLC 1-7)
    Downloadable content 8
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles(Also includes DLC 1-8)
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles(Also includes DLC 1-8)(Another version also?)
    !The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition(Includes Oblivion, DLC 1-8, and SI)
    !Downloadable content 9(Fighter's Stronghold)

Knights of the Nine itself is more than a downloadable content and less than an expansion pack, it's unique. It's not actually downloadable content though. Knights of the Nine package for pc also came out in retail for, and included all the downloadable content with it(DLC 1-7). If you count Knights of the Nine as DLC 8, it also got out by itself for pc the following month, December 2006. Later Shivering Isles disc came out, including DLC 1-8(including Knights of the Nine)......but I think there was an error and a 2nd version came out for the disc possibly. Later Game of the Year version game out, including DLC 1-8(w/Knights of the Nine), and Shivering Isles. After this they released one more DLC, DLC 9(Fighter's Stronghold).

So if you want pc version, get the ones I put a ! before the name.

This is the listing of all the downloadable content...
    DLC 0 - 02-xx-06 - Dashboard theme(s), 2 Picture packs, Trailer(2 versions, free/seperate?)(Xbox 360 only?)(02-22-06?)
    DLC 1 - 04-03-06 - Horse Armor
    DLC 2 - 04-17-06 - The Orrery
    DLC 3 - 04-24-06 - Wizard's Tower
    DLC 4 - 05-22-06 - Thieve's Den
    DLC 5 - 06-14-06 - Mehrune's Razor
    DLC 6 - 07-13-06 - The Vile Lair
    DLC 7 - 08-31-06 - Spell Tomes
    DLC 8 - 11-21-06 - Knights of the Nine(Retail)(Not DLC?)(Later 12-04-06 as PC Download)
    DLC 9 - 10-15-07 - Fighter's Stronghold

DLC 0 came out for Xbox 360 Live only, not a pc download, and possibly not for pc. It included some stuff, but PC/PS 3 don't need the Dashboard theme, and the trailer came out on the collectors editon(PC, Xbox 360) also. I'm not sure if the picture packs came out elsewhere. Then we got DLC 1-7. Then DLC 8 Knights of the Nine, which came out in retail boxed form including DLC 1-7, but not sure if Knights of the Nine is actually considered DLC 8....possibly, can you download it by itself through Xbox 360 Live? A month later it came out as a pc download. And 10 months later we got DLC 9(Fighter's Stronhold), which wasn't in any retail form.

I hope that clears up some stuff, but this is all only for the pc version. Xbox 360 and PS 3 have their own information. !!!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008