Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fan of Dexter? (Showtime Original Series)

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

As long as he doesn't become a carbon copy of Doakes. 2nd season finale spoiler maybeDoakes was one helluva character, possibly one of my favourite supporting roles ever, and I hated that he had to go, but he did. And I'll damn sure miss him in the show, but I don't want to see the same thing get repeated just with another character. But I have faith in the writers. They haven't disappointed me so far.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I really liked the episode. Prado is pretty cool, he seems like a more interesting Doakes type character. I think it is cool what they're doing with Dexter (SPOILER)and him breaking the code, and how he went to Prado's brother's wake and he saw all the people his murder affected. Pretty coooool.

Also (SPOILER)Rita's pregnancy = lol. I love how they revealed it.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For those who don't have Showtime, you can watch the first episode of Dexter Season Three on IMDb. To watch click here It's edited so all the nudity and what not is blurred.

I bought the first season yesterday and have watched the first two episodes. So far, I am not impressed with what I have seen but I am going to keep watching in hopes that it gets a lot better.

So far my only serious disappointment with the series is that 16 episodes cost me $35.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I bought the first season yesterday and have watched the first two episodes. So far, I am not impressed with what I have seen but I am going to keep watching in hopes that it gets a lot better.

So far my only serious disappointment with the series is that 16 episodes cost me $35.
    I thought the seasons were only 12 episodes?

Yeah, that was my fault. I didn't recall exactly how many episodes there were, just that the DVD set has 4 discs and the first disc has 4 episodes. So I kinda just put it together as each disc having four episodes.

So now I'm even more pissed off if this series isn't orgasmic.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    For those who don't have Showtime, you can watch the first episode of Dexter Season Three on IMDb. To watch click here It's edited so all the nudity and what not is blurred.
    Or you can move to New Zealand and watch it for free here. >:D (well not season 3 I don't think but :shifty:)

I have been bombarded by commercials for it, but it never looked interesting enough for me to want to watch it. Also, the guy who plays Dexter is really ugly and I'm not sure I want to subject myself to that for what...45-50 minutes? Half an hour? Either way.

$35 is also too much for me to spend too. Jesus. :|
    --Box Box Box Box

Yeah, that was my fault. I didn't recall exactly how many episodes there were, just that the DVD set has 4 discs and the first disc has 4 episodes. So I kinda just put it together as each disc having four episodes.

just keep watching you'll come into the fold soon enough lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    [T]he guy who plays Dexter is really ugly

BLASPHEMY.

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY* View Post

just keep watching you'll come into the fold soon enough lol!
    I've started to. The writing is fairly predictable and I don't agree with how they presented a few of his murders, they just seemed a little be unrealistic. Particularly in the fifth episode (Human Trafficking guy). You can't dump a body-shaped bag in the middle of the day. Other than those and a few other odd behavioral things, I think I am starting to like the show.

Dexter does look like a monkey.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dude he is seriously.
    --Box Box Box Box

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I think he is fairly good looking, most of the time.

Regarding episode 3x2: Wow, things are sure taking a turn for the interesting. I can imagine what happened in the end will be the predominant theme for the season. This also removes my fear of Prado becoming a carbon copy of Doakes, which is great.

Edit: also, the scene after the "happy future family scene" is pretty disturbing. :X
    Last edited by Rantz; 10-06-2008 at 05:22 PM.

GAHHHH! Yesterdays episode seemed way to short!
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Dexter is sooo done for lol!

then again i said that plenty of times during season 2!

Bunny: True but its the way things unfold quickly that does it for me...like there are no do-overs everything is not without consequences..(well some are delayed though)!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Articles

I really wasn't expecting that much in 3x02. Now my head is spinning with where they are going to take this current plot. So much could happen. I've got theories but we are only two episodes in!

(SPOILER)Something threw me for a loop about Prado trusting Dexter so easily after finding out Dexter killed Freebo.