Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Announced In August

I don't think it'll be remade for PS 3, that seems like a huge project, they'd probably put it on DS 2 or PSP 2.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

I've thought of another reason that they should remake this game (not that i would be able to get it or anything): to help sort out the the contridictions and recons that Square have created. For example, why not have President Shinra mention that they could use Deepground Soldiers to hunt down AVALANGE; or include a couple of the Turks from Before Crisis.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

it's been updated to say exclusif to the PS3 and PSN.

knowing the technological world we live in, i be and almost expect it to be done for pc as well, if in fact it is remade

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Most of us aren't wanting the game to be like XII. We want the encounter system to be like XII, i.e. no random encounters. One can accomplish that while keeping the battle system intact. I really can't see how random encounters improves VII, or is fundamentally tied up to the game.

And I'm sorry, I would not want to have the exact game with better graphics and voice acting. That would be pure laziness from Square-Enix. I want a fully detailed world map. I want to see my enemies before I fight them. I want more backstory to the game - for both characters, places and organizations. When I walk into a town, I don't want it to consist of 8 or so buildings. I would like to see more NPCs. I would like to see Final Fantasy VII done how the developers would have liked to have done, to the smallest detail.

And it isn't that much of an ask. The main parts of the story are already written. The code for the battles, sub-games, character movements etc. is still in existence and wouldn't have to be drastically changed. The concept art is still the same.

But I still want the big heads in it. And Cloud's hair to be that amazing!
    You do realize that is totally false right? Even changing the most minute detail would require entirely new code to be written. Especially if they change the battle system to not have random encounters. That would require a -lot- of coding. The old character models and movements would have to all be re-done as well. You cant use the same movements for the models from the original as you would for brand new models. The entire skeleton and rigging would have to be re-done as well as the animations to fit the new models.

For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over - form: Basically, if you want a re-make, they cannot use any of the older coding and animations. They would have to re-do -EVERYTHING-.

Quote Originally Posted by Headsnap View Post
    knowing the technological world we live in, i be and almost expect it to be done for pc as well, if in fact it is remade
    I highly doubt that. PC gaming is not nearly what it used to be. Consoles is definitely the way to go. A majority of the population play most of their games on consoles now-a-days.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

i have to disagree, every couple years, lets say you drop 600 on the next playstation, i prefer the upgradeable pc, quad core? ps3 doesn't have that :P...Go figure, pc is better then it ever has been. You cant say it hasn't, since the core technology speed and reliability is whats needed for new games and future software/hardware.

Articles
    Blog Entries

^ That's true. As loyal a ps3 owner I am, Sony kinda invalidated it somewhat from the start by only having 256 ram. Not to mention a good amount of the VII fan base played it on the PC. You could even argue the PC community has kept it even more alive with all of the mods its made. Like the use of battle-screen models on the field screen, with advent children portraits in the menus, some really commendable stuff.

I think PC users would deserve it just as much as sony users. Just not 360.

Ill let you lot speculate.

Well, thats quite a skullskullskullskullty text used in that announcement.

what is that thing? is it actually by squeenix or did u do it?
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

It's the name of their little shindig they have going on right now. I was under the impression that it would be the same show put on for six different groups, so basically we've heard everything there is to hear from it. However, they did say they'd have a Final Fantasy VII announcement, so maybe they're going to stick it in the last show or something like that.

Some think the announcement regarding FFVII was to do with FFVII AC and the FFXIII demo included. If that was the announcement Square should be ashamed of themselves by saying that it was both 'Huge' and 'Shocking'. Its a cash in to give more reason for people to buy the movie, which is crap anyway.

Last I'm under the impression that it's either a coincidence or Square screwing with people. From what I've heard it stands for Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts, Sigma Harmonics, Parasite Eve The 3rd Birthday, Compilation of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XIII/Fabula Nova Crystalis. Yeah the CoFFVII is represented in that, but ACC and the demo thing has been announced already, so that's technically covered. Could it be a remake, sure, anything's possible. No point in speculating, we'll know in what, two days max?
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I don't think the image I posted really means anything, I just felt like toying with people a bit more.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In all honesty (and take whatever I say with a grain of salt nevertheless) I can't say I'll be disappointed if it does happen to be a remake, as long as they fix up the problems with the original and leave in 'This guy are sick'. I just hope they don't design the costumes differently-- you know, keeping the same look the original had, just updating it.