Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Erm, No!

Only once have I been mistaken for a girl, but she was old. I'm never mistaken for being gay, but I hide it well...

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

Several times. The first being in a hospital when I was in a lift with my female friend, another woman came in and said "going down, ladies?" When we got out, my friend could just about breathe for laughing at me ¬_¬

An air stewardess on a plane asked me "would madam like a drink?" when I was reading my book.

And lastly, and most embarrassing, I was out for a meal with my girlfriend and her parents, eveyone else had ordered, and the waiter asked me "and what would you like to order, miss?" >_<
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I get mistaken for a female because of my name. The most embarrasing was during my farewell speech for finishing club athletics. The anouncer called me a girl in front of the entire region

But I used to have long hair, and I didn't ever get mistaken.

And I've had several gay men try to hit on me, but then that's just them, no reflection on me. Apparently I'm just hot xD

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Well, as someone who's never had a girlfriend (shy etc) people often think I'm gay.

As for being mistaken for female, only online! Cloudane apparently sounds a little feminine, and using characters such as Zidane or Vaan as an avatar never helps.

In combination, I did once (years ago) have a crush on this... person. I could not for the life of me tell if it was a she or a he (I think that's what made it interesting), and therefore could not judge whether I was straight, gay or bi.
    (Subsequent crushes suggested straight territory)

I used to get called a lesbian because I've never had a boyfriend, but now people have stopped saying that.

I used to have short hair and was called a boy all the time. It's only happened twice recently, by rude little kids who asked me if I was a boy or a girl. I'm not pretty, but surely I don't look like a dude...

On WoW hardly anyone believes me when I say I'm a girl, which is kinda understandable since not many girls actually play WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    On WoW hardly anyone believes me when I say I'm a girl, which is kinda understandable since not many girls actually play WoW.
    While I don't play WoW, I know more girls than guys who do play... Perhaps that's because female WoWers manage to retain social lives outside the game, whereas guys often tend to get totally sucked in and lose their souls altogether

I'm somtimes mistaken for being gay/bi, but that tends to happen when you're long-haired, bearded and generally well-dressed and nice.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

a lot of people seem to think that 'ruby' is a guy's name in IRC. I never understood.

I don't think I've ever been mistaken for a boy or a lesbian. might have had some jealous people try to claim I was in 9th grade, but I just couldn't help having hot friends~ 8)

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I get called gay all the time because I don't show interest in girls, apparentally. It doesn't make sense when people say that because I don't show any interest in guys either.

On the internet I get mistaken for being younger and sometimes a girl than I really am because I act bubbly from time to time and my fondess for female avatars.