Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

One of the characters I went through Story mode with confronted Sophitia and it looked like she was wielding the Soul Edge. If I remember correctly, she was on the same team as Tira and Nightmare, and she was dressed all in brown and her weapon was brown.

I haven't gone through her story mode yet, but I do want to see what her final decision is. (Her mission from a God is to destroy the Soul Edge, but if she does it one of her children will die due to other forces)

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Balls is it. I didn't play III enough and haven't touched IV yet, but I knew exactly one person who could even match me at Soul Caliber I or II. Button mashing was incredibly easy for me to deal with.

And yeah try button mashing with Voldo, then watch me use Voldo, and see which of the two gets smashed in by Astaroth and which gets a win.

Certainly VF is more complex than SC. And in some ways Tekken arguably is as well. But a well-played SC character will be infinitely superior to a button-mashing one.
    Precisely. By the time I finished weapon master mode in II I had practically mastered Mitsurugi, and to a lesser extent, Raphael, and I never played against anyone in my prime who could beat me as either. Button mashing is extremely easy to deal with when you master the game, especially if you get to the point where you can read your opponents moves with any consistency. I agree that it's new player friendly, but I don't think button mashers are half as hard to deal with for a skilled player as you think Dreddz.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Dreddz was saying the Button Mashers *online* are harder to deal with. Defensive options like Guard Impact and Auto GI moves and even *blocking itself* are rendered nearly useless when lag is happening.

It's a totally different story if you're sitting in the same room with someone sharing the same screen.

Unless that button masher is playing as Necrid. xP Thank got he's gone.

C'mon C'mon

Way to think the people are real, guys.

Anyway yeah, smurfing epic game.

Banned

I want to play this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    You know, I think Story mode has more Story in it than it lets on. For example, when playing as Sophitia, Taki says something along the lines of "I cannot ignore your evil deeds." Sophitia and Taki fought together to destroy Soul Edge way back in Soul Blade, so they have a pre-existing relationship. Not only that, Taki would think very highly of Sophitia for putting her life on the line, even getting seriously injured in he process. That one line can mean a whole lot if you know the history surrounding the characters.

I'm new to the whole online leaderboard thing. I'm number four hundred and eighty something in Arcade mode. I don't know if that's good or bad. xP
    Go through Story mode as Cassandra. It gets fleshed out more than that. So I think you're right. Though that just irritates me more lol that all they do is just deal with situations instead of trying to explain wtf happened..
    Last edited by Vyk; 08-02-2008 at 04:54 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Cassandra's ending is the one that was making me go 'WTF'.

Putting it in spoilers just in case...Soulcalibur starts *talking to her* (though it may have been Sophitia's voice...but still, it's coming from the bloody sword). Then she stabs the SoulEdge with it. Then she grabs Soulcalibur again and either takes it out of SoulEdge, or just straight up breaks the sword.

I'll admit to not exactly paying close attention to the story (I skip the introductory scroll...it's the same thing they say in their profiles in Chain of Souls anyway). It still seems a lot of the endings are kind of out-there.

Yes, I just played through as Cassandra so I saw that ending.

(SPOILER)I had already read that you learn in this game that Soul Calibur is evil, too. I guess this is evidence of that. :P Maybe there's more information about it in Siegfried's story. I haven't played as him yet. That's really crazy, when you think about it. I'm pretty sure she destroyed it after using it to destroy Soul Edge, though.

Do you think you could do me a favour and tell me what the white text says at the end of her ending? :P I can't make it out. I need it for my story guide.

I've played through Story and Arcade modes as eight different characters now (Vader, Apprentice, Lizardman, Sophitia, Amy, Setsuka, Mitsurugi, and Cassandra, I'm going through it from top left to right xP) and I think I'm ready to give some impressions.

So far I think there's one broken character, based on who I've played as and who I've played against. That would be The Apprentice. He's a pain in the ass whenever I fight him and the game was extra easy when playing as him. I've heard some people complain about Mitsurugi, too. I'm not sure about that. People use him a lot online, apparently, but that could very well be because he's just a popular character. People like their samurai. :P Anyway, even if he is broken, I've been playing as Mitsurugi for like ten years and I'm not going to stop now. :P

I had a few online matches with Mirage earlier. The lag was pretty bad, but the lag is bad in every online game I play so it's probably just that.

I'm definitely enjoying this game more than I enjoyed III. Story mode is much better than Tales of Souls and pretty much everything is better than Chronicles of the Sword. xP

I still haven't made any custom characters. I think I'll throw one together shortly.

EDIT: Alright, so I just threw a custom character together for the hell of it. I told it to make me an evil character with heavy equipment who focuses entirely on attack. It gave me this. Uh, alright? A bit homoerotic, but ok. I didn't want to do too much with him so I just stuck some clothes on him and made him blue. :P What do call an evil blue character? Why, Blue Devil, of course.

Apparently I didn't have enough skill points or whatever to use all of the skills I had set to him so I just took them all off and saved him. I took him through story mode. Apparently created characters do have stories, and even endings. That's a nice touch.
    Last edited by Roto13; 08-02-2008 at 07:14 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

hey, everyone post their PSN/XBL user names here, so i can own you all.

my PSN: mirage-ness
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

PSN- archaic88

I won't play you unless you at least have a 4-bar connection. I tried playing roto13 but the lag prohibited me from doing anything. Simple attacks are the only thing that seems effective. When the response time is so slow it makes it impossible to duck throws and such which sucks, especially when you see them coming.

We both ducked and avoided attacks several times. xP But it does definitely require some serious ESP xD

Next time I play you I'm picking Maxi and button mashing to no end, maybe then will I have a chance of winning

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I totally saw someone who had customized Tira into a male character and totally made it look like hard gay, I'm not even joking. It wasn't called Hard guy, but it was totally uncanny!

Does anyone have this on the 360? ;_;

I do. I'm Vykrom on there. As I am pretty much everywhere on the internet. And I've tried a few matches. I don't know what my connection was, but the guy I was playing kept fluctuating between 3 and 4 bars and the lag was pretty bad... I don't like playing via ESP as Roto calls it. I'm not the best fighter but I'm not a button masher really. I see things coming, and I can do something about it, I'd sure as heck like to be ABLE to -_-

But I don't mind giving it a shot regardless. As long as we can all agree the lag is a huge disadvantage, or advantage, if your psychic abilities are continuously giving you luck of the draw as it did when I fought my friend online

Edit: I'll go back and watch Cass's ending here in a sec and see if I can read what's said at the end. I have a little trouble reading the text, too, sometimes. My TV's not perfect. But I blame the font they used to. A lot of the letters seem to run together horribly