Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur?

Articles
    Blog Entries

The game is good, but a bit dry on extra content. I like to make characters based on my own. O, and I've got a Drow who moves like Yun-Seong, at least I don't get that painfully annoying bastard anymore when I want to play him. XDDD

Man, I just had the best created character moment ever.

I was playing a VS match against a randomly generated created character. It was this black dude with Yoshimitsu's moves, jesterish pants, a really colourful shirt, and a tiny little had. We both won a round each, and we were on the last round, when I broke his had. It exploded off his head and this giant white afro popped out! XD!!!! I lost the match because I was in tears. That was so awesome. I have to design my own created character like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Edit: I'll go back and watch Cass's ending here in a sec and see if I can read what's said at the end. I have a little trouble reading the text, too, sometimes. My TV's not perfect. But I blame the font they used to. A lot of the letters seem to run together horribly
    Thanks a lot, but Trix already did it for me.

Good 'cause I totally failed... The fonts too unreadable and it doesn't stay up long enough to squint out what it says... I think I've given up on reading that ending text for people if its longer than a sentence

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

It didn't even stay up long enough for me to type it out to Roto on MSN :P I was about to finish typing the first sentence of the ending when the text started to fade away. I managed to memorize the rest of it and finish it, but I watched it again to make sure I got it all.

So maybe playing in Japanese isn't a good option for people on SDTVs who want to understand what's going on if you can't read the subtitles.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I do. I'm Vykrom on there. As I am pretty much everywhere on the internet.
    We have to play! <3

I kick butt on online ranked matches, 8 consecutive wins is my best so far, and I got level 21 yesterday. I switch between my Talim based customized character and a customized Tira. I've got way over 30 achievements on it now.

Is there a way to find out what your own connection strength is, on it?

Banned

I use COD4 for that. It shows your connection strength next to your score.

I just went into the network settings and looked at my connection. It had 3 bars. I pointed the antenna in each direction and got 2 bars and 1 bar. Apparently 3's the best I can get. Which was never a problem on any other game. But when I played my friend last night it was pretty horrible. I dont know if it goes both ways so it might have been caused by him. But regardless, there's not much excuse for it. Games like COD4 and Halo and Gears have twice as many people running with a lot more varried connections and never nearly this bad

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Lag is a little more critical in a fighting game than in FPSes. Japan is also a little behind the curve when it comes to that sort of international network optimization. I'm sure it all runs perfectly in Japan, but Japan is considerably smaller than the US and Europe.
    Growing pains.

My Arcade rank was 480-something and now it's like 1631. xD Wow, what a drop. People got better at the game and I didn't.

Ranked matches aren't fun because you can't invite anyone and you can only play once and that's it. I prefer playing player matches so my rank must be very very low. Still, people who care about their rank are just trying to boast. I really don't care about that type of stuff.

I'm talking about Arcade mode, which automatically records your best score and submits it to the ranking board. I haven't played a single match with anyone I don't know yet. And I may never, if there's voice chat/no way to turn it off. (Is there? :P)

Banned

Voice chat is only between matches, not during.

But is it mandatory?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

On the 360 you can mute a user, but when you're in the middle of a match there's no time to view their profile and select "mute".

I love online ranked matches, I'm upto level 23 now~ Player matches are fun, but I hate all the waiting around, but I was just in a player match and I got 10 consecutive wins so I didn't have much waiting around that time xD

Some kid I was against was all "woaahhh! CAN ANYONE BEAT YOU. OH MY GOD. HOW DID YOU DO THAT. OH WOW'. I just loled. The kid added me as his mate will "have a heartache when he sees and will beat me" or something. ahaha