Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Dude View Post
    Is Yoda as broken as everyone is saying?
    You can't throw him but he can throw you (which drives me mad), and alot of upper attacks miss him. So yeah, he is broke and extremely annoying to go against.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Man I thought Siegfrieds voice sounded familiar (playing with the Jap voices on because Yoda aside the terrible English voice acting annoyed me), just found out it is Viral from Tengen Toppa <3333
    He's also the same guy who played Link in Ocarina of Time. :P
    And Soulcalibur 2 :P
    He's one reason I was super eager to switch to Japanese as soon as possible. Another one was Algol's Jouji/George Nakata, probably most popular for his role as Alucard in Hellsing but I know him from many, many other shows.

I hear Yoda is much easier to Soul Crush/Critical finish, but yeah the inability to throw him I can see being kind of annoying.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    I hear Yoda is much easier to Soul Crush/Critical finish, but yeah the inability to throw him I can see being kind of annoying.
    It's just that he can do all those moves on you and you're left with low kicks, that's it, I only ever use throws once or twice.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Yoda is a bitch in front of Lizardman's hax ground attack. Lizardman is easily the most annoying character to fight in this game.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have very little trouble against Yoda. The little bastard takes so long to attack you that your vertical attacks crush his weird green skull.

Yeah now that I've got back into it I am kicking bums with my custom character. She uses Mitsurugi's style.

And yeah that Ronald McDonald one is the best thing ever.

I fought against a friend just now who had a custom character that was a big fuzzy purple cat.

I didn't even know that was an option. I need to make more female characters. :P

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I made my first foray into online today, got my ass handed to me horribly when I went on first trying to use Mitsurugi who I suck with but I like him anyway. After that I went and started training with Amy 'cause I liked what I played of her and got to a decent level, went back on and actually did pretty well. Won more than I lost at least. Also came across the best hax tactic ever because I hadn't bothered to change her equipment so all she had on was the basic outfit, and I was in a fight with some guy using Maxi and it had gotten down to the final round and he was in the lead but halfway through he shattered Amy's dress revealing her wonderfully rendered by the crazy Japs loli underwear to the world. All I heard was the dude laughing hysterically and Maxi not moving so I made full use of the loli-hax tactic and wasted him. It was glorious.

^I want piccies!

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Banned

Go into character creation and remove all of the gear if your so desperate to rub one off to Amy.

Though, I must say, playing through story mode equipment-less, is worth it to see gorgeous high def Setsuka.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Setsuka fan in the house! So far I've spent the most time playing as her. I think her style level is 8 right now.

C'mon C'mon

The only problem I have is blocking. I keep pressing back to block, like in Street Fighter games. Also, blocking online can be completely useless with the lag.

Also button mashers and move repeaters need to smurf off and die.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Can't stand Setsuka, looks like a cheap dutch hooker tbh. Xianghua is much better

Mitsurugi is my maxed out fighter that I got for the achievement, also got Yun-Seong up to a 6 so I could make him a guard breaking soul crushing rapist to get the items from the Tower with. Will probably be maxing out Amy though with the amount I intend to use her from now on.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I've never had much problem with lag. I was told to host sessions instead of just entering one, that way it doesn't matter what their internet is like as it goes off yours, if that makes sense.

I like Tira, she's so cute and has some sick moves. I have Talim leveled up to like level 9 though. Amy's pretty good, as is Taki and Xianguhauaassd whatever her name is. I basically play as the girls ^.^

Kilik should go and die, he IS SO ANNOYING. Voldo scares the crap out of me.
    Last edited by Zeldy; 08-06-2008 at 12:56 AM.

Banned

My best fighter has to be Hilde. I love the control over all ranges she has. Plus some sweet moves to boot. Nightmare is a close second though. Nightmare with Unblockable Attack A (soul edge complete), Auto Counter A, and Skill Ability Up crushes anything in its path.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I love Voldo against the computer because I spam throws like a mothersmurfer and he always has his back turned to you so it rapes him. Hilde is pretty cool as well but sometimes I rock with her and then other times I just fail miserably and can't get any of her moves to work.

And Kilik isn't that bad I've found. Most of the people who use him online just spam the same predictable crap over and over again so it's easy to rape them, and the one guy I fought who just played with him normally was probably the most fun fight I had online so yeah.