Thread: Missing monsters in NES version

Default Missing monsters in NES version

Hello all

I just finished my first play through of the NES version of Final Fantasy and I have to say the game was excellent. However, I noticed along the way that I missed a few monsters and I cannot find them anywhere. I know there is now list maintained in the game for them (as there is in the Origins/GBA version), but I really wanted to see their original graphics.

I am looking for:

Iron Giant (I know he is in Pandemonium, and I have heard he is on the orange floor, but I want to make sure before I waste hours more searching for him there)

Goblin Prince

Green Soul

I have seen through some GBA walkthroughs where these monsters should be, but I wonder if the locations for the different versions of the game are the same. I don't mind spending hours fighting battles trying to find these monsters if I know I am in the right place.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    If anyone is looking for the Goblin Prince to complete their bestiary, I just ran into two in a large party of green goblins (goblin guard I think they're called), and they're called DesAngel in the nes fanslation for some reason xD I assume it's the same beast because the sprite colors are identical white and blue. Anyways, you don't have to be inside kashuon castle, the plains to the west was where I ran into these.

Thanks for the info. I will check tonight when I get home and see if I can find the Goblin Prince there. I appreciate it!

Iron Giant, Goblin Prince and Green Soul's sprites :

It's funny, after a posted this I went home and did some searching. Not that I had any hope of finding any of these three monsters, but I had to give it one more try. Sure enough, I found all three of them in one night in about two hours. I really appreciate everyone's help!

What?!? I've never encountered that Iron Giant in FF2. I thought one of the toads were the most rare though. Poison Toad?

Iron Giants are there, but there are by far the hardest monster to find in the game. The only place I have seen one is on the orange floor of the Pandemonium castle (I think it's the fifth, but I don't remember). And I only found one after an hour of trying.