Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love story or Restoration?

maybe from the jap to eng translation error

I think Vince is just a bit of a sulky kid underneath it all, not that thats a bad thing. he's brill and all but hes not really able to deal with his mega issues, which makes him endearing.
    Its sad that he blames himself when its no-ones fault but Lucrecia's and Hojo's. I think that its his way of feeling conected to her, by blaming himself, by kidding himself that he could have stopped her.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never saw it as a love story, in fact much of what fans speculate being the love story in this game is up for debate imo.

Between the two choices, I feel its more about restoration but I feel its a distant second theme. I generally see it for its main theme of Life and its delicate balance. Aerith's death, Sephiroth and Shin-Ra's disregard for it and the cast learning what's truly important instead of their petty needs.

But what motivated cloud and drove him to help avalanche and tr to stop shinra, well FF7:CC said alot about the past of zack and his relationship with cloud.Ultimately cloud blames himself for all who had died and suffer, he is looking for forgiveness and "restoration". Of course what makes a great story is imagination the the reader to somewhat put the ending in their own words, that of course if a stories ending and point is enigma.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Headsnap View Post
    But what motivated cloud and drove him to help avalanche and tr to stop shinra, well FF7:CC said alot about the past of zack and his relationship with cloud.Ultimately cloud blames himself for all who had died and suffer, he is looking for forgiveness and "restoration". Of course what makes a great story is imagination the the reader to somewhat put the ending in their own words, that of course if a stories ending and point is enigma.
    I actually agree

I always felt Cloud was motivated by revenge rather than redemption. Restoration never really appeared until AC and the Compilation imo. In the beginning he was purely motivated by money. He fought against Shin-Ra cause of what they did to Nibelheim not to redeem himself for working for them. He didn't even become passionate about saving the world until Sephiroth got involved. Even then much of what Cloud may have believed was his fault turned out to be a lie. Like Vincent, I don't feel Cloud really has any reason to be the way he is (well except for the Jenova cells screwing with him) and I never really felt grief or regret motivated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Vincent's trying to atone for his sins.
    Thats weird that. In the game vincent is all "yeah i wanna atone for my sins, man" and in AC Cloud says "Can sins ever be forgiven?" and Vincent says "I don't know..... I've never tried" or something to that effect

I may be wrong but is there a continuity error here? lol
    No, that's correct. Vincent's never tried to atone for his sins. He wants to live with his guilt. He doesn't feel that he deserves to be forgiven, and so he doesn't try.

And VII is about many things. There is definitely a love story, but it is a triangle. And Cloud didn't die a virgin - he definitely slept with Tifa on the airship!

and yuffi. Barrett took his on the goldsaucer date, rolfmao

I always saw it as Cloud liked Tifa, then he met Aeris and was captivated and did fall for her and she liked him to and i think if she had lived they would have gotten together, but sadly as we all know that wasn't to be. So he has to move on and Tifa and Cloud clearly belong together. doesn't lessen his love for either woman but its just how things turned out in the end.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Clouds a pimp

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Vincent's trying to atone for his sins.
    Thats weird that. In the game vincent is all "yeah i wanna atone for my sins, man" and in AC Cloud says "Can sins ever be forgiven?" and Vincent says "I don't know..... I've never tried" or something to that effect

I may be wrong but is there a continuity error here? lol
    No, that's correct. Vincent's never tried to atone for his sins. He wants to live with his guilt. He doesn't feel that he deserves to be forgiven, and so he doesn't try.

And VII is about many things. There is definitely a love story, but it is a triangle. And Cloud didn't die a virgin - he definitely slept with Tifa on the airship!
    lol that's actually a funny contradiction between VII and AC.