Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love story or Restoration?

Default Love story or Restoration?

Was ff7 a love story or quest for restoration from guilt and regret of certain actions? begin...

*Facepalm*
    it was many things, as all good stories are.
    It has war, politics, aliens, mad science, love, friendship, family, love for the planet, adventure, loss, comedy, tradegy, Ninja's, magic, barmaids, eye candy, tough guys, the evil of giant companies and the greed of the people that breed them, the strife of the poor and the power of the rich and the confusion of the spawn of one creepy three way.

as it says on IMDB "A story of a love that can never be and a hate that always was" or something like that

To some it up it has many stories and issues
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

personally i find, and its just my opinion, that the focus is indeed cloud trying to find peace and restoration cause he blames himself for certain actions that lead up to the plot of the story ranging back to the story of zack to post era in AC. He cant forgive himself so there is a never ending strive for him to make things right, i do agree that love, the planet and friendships do occur , but was looking for the major factor of it all

Articles
    Blog Entries

Like PeneloRatsbane said, it's alot of things.

I would say primarily it's a story of revenge. Barret's fighting for the planet against those who have taken it down. Cloud wants to make Sephiroth pay for everything he's done, as is Tifa. Sephiroth initially believes he's taking revenge for the Ancients. Cid wants to stick it to Shinra, as does Yuffie.

But alot of those motives become restoration, like you suggested. Cloud is, among many things, a reluctant hero who's motives become more of stopping Sephiroth than just some vendetta. Barret understands he can't save the planet permanently, but understands what has to be done, same with Red XIII. Vincent's trying to atone for his sins.

But yeah, there's so many things going on in the plot of FFVII it's really hard to pidgeonhole it as just one thing. It was alot of crazy ideas that culminated into one hell of a ride, especially playing it when it first came out.

Cloud was like "man, I'm indifferent towards women."
    Then he met Aeris.
    Then he was like "dude, that chick is totally hot."
    Then she was killed.
    Then he was like "I will never love again."
    And he died a virgin.

In conclusion, FFVII was a story of repentance.

Grin

hahaha! thats funny

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf View Post
    Cloud was like "man, I'm indifferent towards women."
    Then he met Aeris.
    Then he was like "dude, that chick is totally hot."
    Then she was killed.
    Then he was like "I will never love again."
    And he died a virgin.

In conclusion, FFVII was a story of repentance.
    dude, you have the choice of flirting with Jesse and Aeris from the beginning, the entire personality of Cloud is for the most part left up to the player.

Yeah... but Jesse dies.

Jessie and Aeris die, maybe thats why he is reluctant to comit to Tifa, in fear of her death. maybe he thinks he's cursed, Then again he does hug Yuffie, and she hasn't died, but she seems to have gone off him in favor of a more emo-tastic hottie.
    Oh and Zack, he was well fond of him as well and he died. he must be cursed
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Jessie and Aeris die, maybe thats why he is reluctant to comit to Tifa, in fear of her death.
    well, you could be going for Tifa from the start. I usually get her at the Gold Saucer now that I think about it. That's a good observation though, for a playthrough which would take that direction.

Was reading a funny comic on newgrounds, why the hell did cloud go for a flat chested flower girl when, tifa was still available, big tits and a min i skirt? lawl:mog:

Quote Originally Posted by Headsnap View Post
    Was reading a funny comic on newgrounds, why the hell did cloud go for a flat chested flower girl when, tifa was still available, big tits and a min i skirt? lawl:mog:
    Fear of suffocation.

yes, they are tight! :P

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It was about taking responsibility for your actions!

...and treating the planet nicely. Don't litter, kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Vincent's trying to atone for his sins.
    Thats weird that. In the game vincent is all "yeah i wanna atone for my sins, man" and in AC Cloud says "Can sins ever be forgiven?" and Vincent says "I don't know..... I've never tried" or something to that effect

I may be wrong but is there a continuity error here? lol