Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy MQ!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish I was home and had the time to play along on this one. I don't want to put roms or anything like that on my work computer anyway, but still. I've honestly wanted to play through this game again for the sake of nostalgia. It's the game that got me into RPG's when I was young afterall. Maybe I'll participate in the FFIV one.

Question about FFIV next month: Will it be just DS, or can we play any version? And if it's just DS, will we be able to start with a New Game+?
    I don't want to restart my game just for next month.

Considering the versions (hard, easy, and American), there will likely be challenges based on your version.

Given the choice, I'd probably play the GBA version. I love me some extra dungeons, and it'd be easier to update progress than taking pictures of my DS.

I'm at the Lava Dome right now. That's all for tonight. I predict I will finish tomorrow at some point!

I beat the dome, but Im busy tomorrow. So much for finishing first,

I'm currently about to hit me up some Water Crystal. I've been stopping by all the arenas, and generally grinding away at all the monsters I come across.
    Also, take note that the only character that levels up in this game is Benjamin himself, so the all characters level 47 would probably just apply to him.
    Right now, though, this game is getting kinda boring. I'm gonna try and get to the moon on FFIV, and leave off anything until tomorrow.
    Last edited by Xalioniaf; 08-02-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

yay bone dungeon.

I am totally the target demographic for this game as I love being able to exit the dungeons to walk all the way back to foresta for free healing and saving anytime from the menu.

Having successfully been turned down by Kaeli, our young Armoiree continues his prophesied quest of prophecy. Come to think of it, we really haven't seen much of Armoiree mourning the loss of the village he was so panicked about at the beginning of the game. Ah well.
    On his way to the Focus Tower, Armoiree comes across another Extinction Arena. Of course, here he comes to terms with the very scary notion of DEATH. [1]
    It's quite alright, though. Because as it turns out you can just chose to not give up and keep on fighting, after which the game will reset to the start of the fight, thereby removing any leftover difficulty I thought this game would have. Must be a perk of that Hero of Prophecy blood. I know that Heroes of Legend or Warriors of the Crystal don't get to do this restarting crap.
    Regardless, due to his suggested immortality Armoiree eventually wipes out another region's monsters and continues on to Focus Tower.
    Oh, before I go on. Remember that old man who was stunned by his aging? Turns out it was some spooky virus thing or something affecting everyone who wasn't safely indoors. Regardless, he still doesn't seem quite all there in the head when you talk to him [2]. Who the hell is Mac?
    Anyway, at Verb Tower our hero meets a mysterious stranger who seems to have all the answers [3]. Of course, should this follow jRPG convention, he's either the holy sage in disguise or the final boss in disguise. After the stranger disappears, Armoiree does his signature LOL SO FUNNEH shrug [4].
    Continuing past the Focus Tower, the young hero comes upon the Libra Noun. Inside, he finds a mysterious girl who he feels compelled to greet. And in the world of Mystic Quest, a friendly greeting means you can be trusted with your close thoughts and feeling immediately [5].

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I had some time to play over the weekend and continued my most excellent adventure. Hey dude and I cruised through the Level Forest, Bone Dungeon and Wintry Cave. Now Phoebe and I are ready to check out the Ice Pyramid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Figaro Castle

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf View Post
    Question about FFIV next month: Will it be just DS, or can we play any version? And if it's just DS, will we be able to start with a New Game+?
    I don't want to restart my game just for next month.
    I plan on playing the SNES version, just because it's still my overall favorite (not to mention, it's a lot easier to play on my computer, since I can take screenshots easily). Come to think of it, since all of the releases so far seem to have varying difficulties, the challenges would all have to be different depending on which version you use, right?

Is it September yet?

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

smurfing yes. I love this game! Don't think I'll actually participate though - Brawl practise is taking up my gaming time

I was busy the last couple days and it prevented me from playing this amazing game!

Finished the Lava Dome, got Fire Crystal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I er, um, you see. . .

How can I change my current weapon x.x; like from bombs to swords or vice versa!

L and R.