Thread: MEDALLION!!! and my concept art ^_^

President of SoulfireSoft Ledious's Avatar

Default MEDALLION!!! and my concept art ^_^

Medallion is a game that I am creating with my game studio, Soulfire Soft and here is some art concepts of the game that I took from our website. The site is for developers only so it is locked from public viewing. We will have a public site soon. C&C's? -_^

In game:

creative director of Soulfire Soft, public site coming soon!!! -_^

Articles
    Blog Entries

Damn. I like it.

Blog Entries

Default this guys got a thread in the general chat

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-g...venture-2.html

I like the one with the angel wing
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first guy's costume looks way too much like Tidus's, but the drawing itself looks good, just like the rest. Well, I'm curious!

Blog Entries

The concept art is a bit all over the place, there isn't one fixed style the artists are sticking to. Also, the 3d models look a little high poly. Is this a next gen game? Any chance of some wireframe shots?
    Last edited by Balzac; 08-04-2008 at 01:49 AM.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    The concept art is a bit all over the place, there isn't one fixed style the artists are sticking to. Also, the 3d models look a little high poly. Is this a next gen game? Any chance of some wireframe shots?
    yes, this will be for PS3 and I can find the wire frames for you if you want ^_^

The first guy's costume looks way too much like Tidus's, but the drawing itself looks good, just like the rest. Well, I'm curious!
    really? hmm, it must be the shorts. your the first one who has ever said that and I have this thread on lots of forums, but I'm glad you did ^_^
    Its hard to make anything original these days. Making him look like Tidus was not intentional at all. His colors will definitely be different. he will have royal blue clothes and he has red-brown hair. do you have any other suggestions to make him look more original?

Blog Entries

Oh, PS3 eh? Do you have the PS3 development kit? I find it hard to believe you can afford the $10,000 it costs.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ledious View Post

really? hmm, it must be the shorts. your the first one who has ever said that and I have this thread on lots of forums, but I'm glad you did ^_^
    Its hard to make anything original these days. Making him look like Tidus was not intentional at all. His colors will definitely be different. he will have royal blue clothes and he has red-brown hair. do you have any other suggestions to make him look more original?ng.

Hum, first off give him different trousers. They make the resemblance more striking. I'll think about something else when I have more time (I'm at work now).

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Also the arm guard on one arm.

Nice pics. Who are the artists?
    Last edited by BG-57; 08-05-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, yes. The ribbon your character has at the end of his sword recalls the piece of cloth that Tidus has on his. I second the thing about the arm guard, especially because it's not simmetric; non-simmetric accessories are some kind of trademark for Tetsuya Nomura. The glove on his right hand also recalls the one Tidus has on his left hand. And of course, the hair is kind of similar. If your character isn't blonde, that should be a lot less noticeable, though.
    You could also play around a little with the character age. Right now, he looks in his late teens, just like Tidus is.
    It is, as I said, a good drawing. I wish I was able to make that kind of designs. The author needs to be a bit more personal, that's all.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Ledious View Post
    >>> I like that one..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Also the arm guard one one arm.

Nice pics. Who are the artists?
    we have 2 concept artists here at the studio, me and a girl named Deborah Li. I did the landscapes and half of the characters you see on the front page. Her drawings are the angel, dragon guy and wolf person.

Oh, PS3 eh? Do you have the PS3 development kit? I find it hard to believe you can afford the $10,000 it costs.
    Nope not yet, but like I said we wont start production on this game for a while. We have currently been saving up for 3 developer kits and have about $24,000 towards the dev. kits. Besides we are a game studio, we defiantly have the funds for things like that. The studio will also be getting 70 percent of all the profit from our xna project which will be hosted on Xbox live's marketplace. Our team doesn't need dev. kits right now since we are currently building in Microsoft's XNA studio. We don't want to spend that much money right away until we have more in the studio.

@KoShiatar:
    As for the armor and sword, they are not concrete with his costume but his clothing will remain the same. You will be able to equip different armor pieces and different weapons throughout the game that will change this appearance.
    Well the original designs of Vaun were much different. We showed many people the original designs and they prefer this one, so we decided to make this the final design for Vaun. Some of the other characters in Medallion are from different arias so their clothing will look a little different.
    Last edited by Ledious; 08-05-2008 at 10:54 PM.