Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 360 version WILL delay EU/US PS3 version, CONFIRMED?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    "We haven't changed the direction of the development. We're making the PS3 version first, and then porting to the 360 later." That means that since the game will be released simultaneously on both platforms in North America and Europe, the PS3 release will be held back in those territories until the 360 version is complete.
    The game IS being launched simultaneously in North America on both consoles. That means the PS3 version is going to be held back until the Xbox 360 version is finished. How does that contradict anything?
    That's what I've been saying, Squenix is saying that they will make the PS3 first, then porting it to the Xbox 360.
    While the writter claims simultanious release.
    The PS3 version will be made first, and then ported to the 360. Neither will be released until both are done, which does cause a delay in between. It will be a simultaneous release.

Unlike XII where they just delayed it for goodness knows how long only for it to turn out to be just another game, they have a very, very good reason for a delay this time.

Wait for XIII to take as long as Duke Nukem Forever and then I'll sit and listen to you bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Unlike XII where they just delayed it for goodness knows how long only for it to turn out to be just another game, they have a very, very good reason for a delay this time.
    Waiting for the 360 version to be done isn't going to make the PS3 version any better. (And FF XII was the best Final Fantasy since IX. Rule of Three, bitch.)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Apparently it's not going to delay the release of the PS3 version... in Japan. The 360 port is going to be connected to the localization process. So they don't have to be bothered by this, but we unfortunately do.

It's not like they were saying "August '08 guys! August '08!" and then turned around and said "Whoops, think we're going multi-platform now! Wait a bit longer, k!"

There are going to be other delays too, I'd bet on it. Xbox isn't going to be the only cause of delays.

Of course there will be more delays than this, but that doesn't make this delay any less of a pain in the ass. :P

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

please don't tell me more bad news...

Of course there will be more delays than this, but that doesn't make this delay any less of a pain in the ass. :P
    I wonder how long they're going to have to delay it to have a conference to decide Lightning's name. Three months, maybe?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Their moving through the alphabet for possible names...

I think the Versus' guy name is Gale.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The protagonist of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a young man named Storm with dark bluish-silver hair and crimson eyes. However, the color of both his eyes and his hair have been shown to change during battle, and Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that the color changes are both intentional and significant.[8] It has been confirmed that he is the last heir to the dynasty ruling over the last kingdom to control Crystals. He attempts to protect his kingdom against marauders who seek to conquer the city and take the Crystals by force. Nomura has compared the protagonist's family to the modern-day Japanese mafia, or Yakuza.[9]

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The protagonist of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a young man named Storm with dark bluish-silver hair and crimson eyes. However, the color of both his eyes and his hair have been shown to change during battle, and Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that the color changes are both intentional and significant.[8] It has been confirmed that he is the last heir to the dynasty ruling over the last kingdom to control Crystals. He attempts to protect his kingdom against marauders who seek to conquer the city and take the Crystals by force. Nomura has compared the protagonist's family to the modern-day Japanese mafia, or Yakuza.[9]

oh, well I knew it was going to be weather related.
    G V Gale
    H E
    I R
    J S
    K U
    L S Lightning

thanks

Localization is a long process anyway, so while it is slowly being localized on the PS3 the 360 version will slowly be made also. I doubt any substantial delays will occur because of the 360 version because porting the game is probably quicker than localizing it so the 360 version will always be right behind the PS3 version.

Banned

Waiting for the 360 version to be done isn't going to make the PS3 version any better. (And FF XII was the best Final Fantasy since IX. Rule of Three, bitch.)
    It's too bad rule of three started with a terrible precedent. XII was far and away my favorite FF. But it's true, the multiples of three, are generally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Coma View Post
    It's too bad rule of three started with a terrible precedent. XII was far and away my favorite FF. But it's true, the multiples of three, are generally awesome.
    like X-2?
    Edit: I meant the trio like in that commercial add "Good things come in three"
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-04-2008 at 06:26 PM.