Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: R.A. Salvatore wants a Drizzt Do'Urden movie

  1. #1

    Default R.A. Salvatore wants a Drizzt Do'Urden movie

    Straight from the camel's mouth..so-to-speak...
    YouTube - R. A. Salvatore Interview 1x04

    For the full interview:
    YouTube - f4wb4b's Channel
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

    The games I've beaten...

    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII


  2. #2
    Ogre Araciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Waterdeep
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    So?

  3. #3
    Zachie Chan Ouch!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    7,652
    Articles
    3

    FFXIV Character

    Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

    Default

    I'm with Araciel on this. Also straight from the camel's mouth, so to speak... R. A. Salvatore has no control over whether or not Drizzt ever sees the big screen. As a result, him desiring to see Drizzt there has no bearing on whether or not it'll ever happen.

  4. #4
    Gamecrafter Behold the Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    At the corner of Oblivion
    Posts
    11,768
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    They made a Dragonlance movie. An incredibly poorly animated Dragonlance movie, but a Dragonlance movie nonetheless. It's a possibility, at least. Faerun is one of the most profitable campaign settings in the D&D universe, and Drizzt is one of if not the most popular characters IN the setting. If this starts stirring up fan anticipation, they might give it a shot.

  5. #5
    Ogre Araciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Waterdeep
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    Fanticipation (sorry) has been high for a Drizzt movie for at least a decade, but we all know that the fans are at least 90% fanboys, and any such film would be torn asunder both by critics and those people on the internet.

    While I myself don't mind Drizzt, I'd much rather see a more general FR movie with cameos by such characters.

  6. #6
    Shlup's Retired Pimp Raistlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Spying on Unne and BUO
    Posts
    20,508
    Articles
    101
    Blog Entries
    45
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    They made a Dragonlance movie.
    Don't remind me.

  7. #7
    Ogre Araciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Waterdeep
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    Lawl @ the cutting edge CG in DL movie.

  8. #8

    Default

    I haven't seen the DL movie, but it isn't worse then say, that *twitches* Dungeons and Dragons......*gasps, twitches* thought I was gonna faint there from the horrid memories. It's not worse than that movie is it?

    But, I wouldn't mind seeing a Drizzt movie, the action will definitely be top notched I would think. I would find it awesome to watch a live-action movie with a dark elf ranger slicing and dicing his way through hordes of Orcs and Demons with Icingdeath and Twinkle.

  9. #9
    FREE MUSTARD DRIZZLE CimminyCricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,760

    FFXIV Character

    Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

    Default

    If it were to be well done, I would be exciting.

  10. #10
    Shlup's Retired Pimp Raistlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Spying on Unne and BUO
    Posts
    20,508
    Articles
    101
    Blog Entries
    45
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut View Post
    I haven't seen the DL movie, but it isn't worse then say, that *twitches* Dungeons and Dragons......*gasps, twitches* thought I was gonna faint there from the horrid memories. It's not worse than that movie is it.
    Yes. Yes, it is.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut View Post
    I haven't seen the DL movie, but it isn't worse then say, that *twitches* Dungeons and Dragons......*gasps, twitches* thought I was gonna faint there from the horrid memories. It's not worse than that movie is it.
    Yes. Yes, it is.

    Good god, how can people be so cruel as to make something even more atrocious than Dungeons and Dragons *suppresses vomit*. Such sad world we live in. I think I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry for a bit.

  12. #12
    Shlup's Retired Pimp Raistlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Spying on Unne and BUO
    Posts
    20,508
    Articles
    101
    Blog Entries
    45
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

    Default

    The DL movie has no real development at all, for the plot or characters. The plot moves so fast and choppy that it's borderline nonsensical even for someone who knows, in depth, the plot of the entire book. It's bad.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut View Post
    I haven't seen the DL movie, but it isn't worse then say, that *twitches* Dungeons and Dragons......*gasps, twitches* thought I was gonna faint there from the horrid memories. It's not worse than that movie is it.
    Yes. Yes, it is.

    Good god, how can people be so cruel as to make something even more atrocious than Dungeons and Dragons *suppresses vomit*. Such sad world we live in. I think I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry for a bit.
    Rejoice! Cuz Dungeons & Dragons 2 (a B-movie) was much better than the hollywood violation. Ellie Chidzey's f'ing HOTT too.

    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...320/lux008.jpg

    Here's more on the movie itself:
    watch tHe skies » Dungeons & Dragons 2 and the absence of fantasy films following Lord Of The Rings
    Last edited by Cyric; 08-11-2008 at 10:26 AM.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

    The games I've beaten...

    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII


  14. #14
    Shronz_Thegreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In front of my computer! :O!
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Ah! The DnD movie was horrid, and I saw the DL movie in blockbuster, almost rented it. Good thing I didn't

    And a Drizzt movie would be extremely good...if like...Peter Jackson did it.
    What do you mean you ate the last cookie?...I wanted it! :twak::twak::twak:

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shronz_Thegreat View Post
    And a Drizzt movie would be extremely good...if like...Peter Jackson did it.

    No. LOTR is Peter Jackson's movie. I'm thinking somebody that's used to making dark movies, like Niel Marshall (The Descent, Doomsday). As for who would play Drizzt? Luke Goss, from his role in Hellboy 2, would be PERFECT for a Drow character, but maybe he'd be more suited for Zaknafein. I know 1 person I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY DO NOT WANT to play Drizzt, and that is ORLANDO "NO-ACTING-TALENT-WHATSOEVER" BLOOM!!!
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

    The games I've beaten...

    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •