Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.A. Salvatore wants a Drizzt Do'Urden movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Rejoice! Cuz Dungeons & Dragons 2 (a B-movie) was much better than the hollywood violation.
    That's not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Rejoice! Cuz Dungeons & Dragons 2 (a B-movie) was much better than the hollywood violation.
    That's not saying much.

Agreed. But for anybody that's a fan of D&D, it's worth a watch. Another good fantasy B-movie, albeit not D&D, is Curse Of The Ring. Make sure you get the 3-hour version instead of the North American version which is only about 2-hours (aka Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King). I had to buy the Australian version off eBay to get it, and it includes scenes that are actually really critical to the story. The beginning will make you think of Dragonslayer from the early-80s (if you ever saw it), but after that it really starts to pick up.
    For once, Kristanna Loken was an EXCELLENT choice for her character, once you get past the beginning that is.

OH YEAH! And for the D&D 2 movie, you get to see Drow in their movie debut. It's for only 6-seconds, and they're dead, BUT STILL! DROW!
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Well I saw D&D2...Didn't like it from a basic film standpoint because it was super cheesy, but I'll agree it represents D&D cliches far better than D&D did.

Also, D&D had beholders...so...yeah.

Dude! Ive wanted to see a Drizzt movie ever since i read the books (1 & 2 to be precise) that'd be like a dream come true for me

At least if there was a Drizzt movie, I wouldn't have to read about all the sword fighting. Salvatore's books are just way too descriptive in that area. I think Drizzt would make a pretty horrible transition to the big screen actually.

Blog Entries

Eh, I wouldn't see it. He was okay, but not that okay.

Blog Entries

I love the books to death but I don't see them being good for the big screen,

Has anyone pointed out that the videos in the OP are 4 years old?