Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leon is killing me....................

Default Leon is killing me....................

So I've spent 80 hrs getting the best gear and leveling my characters. Everyone has 9999 HP, 999 MP, and the best gear one can imagine. As for stats Firion, Gus, and Maria are almost maxed out on their main weapon/shield and have all spells at 16-99. That is with the cancel trick. It still took over 50+ hrs to get all of them that high.

Now comes Leon. He's killing me. Im the guy that usually maxs out all the characters in every FF. It will take years with this guy. There are no tricks. In order to get one spell up to 16-99 I have to cast it 1700 times. I have Leons spell slots filled. Thats a lot of spells to cast. Then comes his stats and weapon skills......

Well I'll post when I'm done.....in ten years. Hopefully I still have my sanity. If not, at least I'll have FF2j Characters maxed out.........

He didn't sat cheat, he said trick

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

well, his HP should be easy enough to raise, and after you get that then you can just kill off the other three and let him do all the attacking (faster for more hits) and use turbo mode :]

thats a really good idea as far as raising his attack. Any ideas on a quicker increase for his spell levels?

And what is this turbo you speak of? I think I have one of those turbo controllers but I never understood how to "program" it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

oh, well that's only if you're emulating it 8)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dragoon View Post
    thats a really good idea as far as raising his attack. Any ideas on a quicker increase for his spell levels?

And what is this turbo you speak of? I think I have one of those turbo controllers but I never understood how to "program" it.
    They mean the turbo mode function that comes with many emulators; it basically increases the speed of the game.

Blog Entries

Default You've done more then me.

What are you doing trying to kill the final boss without drain or blood sword?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Speeding up the emulator for powering up is the only way I can stomach playing 8-bit FFII. Otherwise I grow bored as the stats, skills and spells take forever to grow. Even on the GBA version they're at my tolerance limit, and I have a lot of patience when it comes to grinding games. xD
    Figaro Castle

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I just let Leon lie there, dead, whilst the other three kickassed their way through the final part of the game. I honestly didn't think it was worth my time to level him at all.

I know this is a pretty old topic, but it was still on the first page so I hope it's not too disruptive. There's something I'm not clear on. How would one go about getting a spell past level 16? My understanding is that level 16 is the max for every spell and skill in the game. I suppose I'm missing something here?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Considering the inactivity of this forum, I'd say this thread is still okay, actually, as long as the bump is on topic. If we went by normal old topic-ness, only 1-2 threads in this forum would be valid at any given time. xD

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

16-99 means level 16 used 99 times. If you check your status, that's the expression used in all the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    16-99 means level 16 used 99 times. If you check your status, that's the expression used in all the weapons.
    Oh I see. Does a spell that's level 16 used 99 times actually have any different result than the spell just being plain level 16? I've been maxing out Ultima's potential out of boredom, but I stop using each spell once it hits 16. I really dread the thought of going back and using each spell 99 times... x_x