Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EoFF I CALL FOR YOU IN MY TIME OF NEED

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    I heard that horseradish or wasabi is good for clearing one's sinuses. However, I find both disgusting and I'd rather have the sinus pressure and such than actually test this.

If this is an infection though, you probably will need antibiotics. I'm not sure if you can take them if you're pregnant though... :\

Yeah that's the problem. Like.. as weird as it sounds. Most medications are safer to take in mid pregnancy than early on and in late pregnancy. Basically with medication they'll look at it like this: If it something the mother needs and is beneficial to the mom and won't really effect the baby then it's okay. But then somethings they'll even just look at it as: If the mom needs it, then they'll treat the mom over the baby which I don't agree with because well.. if it was me or the baby, I'd pick the baby.

The baby could come at any time though so.. yeah I don't really want medications at all, with my luck some antibiotic would trigger labor.. I mean hell, I ended up being allergic to a pregnancy bar that was meant for pregnant ladies. ; ;

Blog Entries

Very hot Tea with honey. Inhale the steam through the nose and mouth, drink slowly.

That might just be a placebo though.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Green tea with some local honey if available, none of that cheap store bought crap. Lol.
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

For colds vitamin C tablets, honey lemon throat lozenges, and enough rest usually work.

I can't really help you out with anything else though. Well, I guess rest could help out with the headaches although headaches aren't usually much of a problem for me so I wouldn't know.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    I heard that horseradish or wasabi is good for clearing one's sinuses. However, I find both disgusting and I'd rather have the sinus pressure and such than actually test this.

If this is an infection though, you probably will need antibiotics. I'm not sure if you can take them if you're pregnant though... :\

Yeah that's the problem. Like.. as weird as it sounds. Most medications are safer to take in mid pregnancy than early on and in late pregnancy. Basically with medication they'll look at it like this: If it something the mother needs and is beneficial to the mom and won't really effect the baby then it's okay. But then somethings they'll even just look at it as: If the mom needs it, then they'll treat the mom over the baby which I don't agree with because well.. if it was me or the baby, I'd pick the baby.

The baby could come at any time though so.. yeah I don't really want medications at all, with my luck some antibiotic would trigger labor.. I mean hell, I ended up being allergic to a pregnancy bar that was meant for pregnant ladies. ; ;
    Wow, Murphy's Law is a bitch.

Well, if that's the case, just take care of yourself and hopefully the symptoms become tolerable until the baby is born and you can take medicine for it.

A humidifier/oxygen tank attached to a gigantic one person bubble.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I relieve sinus pressure by blowing out through my eyes. It doesn't help very long but it's kinda fun.

just sleep so it doesn't bother you while you heal.
    How the hell do you blow out through your eyes?

Also, I usually take a hot shower, make some hot tea with honey, and if possible, set up a humidifier. I know most have already been suggested, but you asked what most of us do, so you get my reply!

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's possible to blow the pressure out through your eyes, but that still leaves all the snot backed up in your face.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well, to help your nose you can try some peppermint stuff or spicy food. Usually a good hit to the face unclogs my nose for a little bit, but I don't know if you'd want to hit yourself--and not that I do.

You can also try some chicken noodle soup. I prefer beef flavored Ramen though.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Eat medicine

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Give me spicey reciepe's too, the spices may just open me up for a short amount of time but it's usually long enough to where I can breathe through my nose fully (Only one SIDE of my head is clogged).
    Spicy, you say? A drop of this should clear you right up. If it doesn't kill you.

One drop.
    Heck, maybe not even that much...

Banned

Turn on the shower really hot, sit outside it and let the steam do the work for you.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    It's possible to blow the pressure out through your eyes, but that still leaves all the snot backed up in your face.
    no, I'm pretty sure that yellow stuff coming up through my tear ducts or whatever is just as phlegmy as what comes out of my mouth and my nose.

Hadn't you ever seen where they set the guinness world record for greatest distance blowing milk through their eyes?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    no, I'm pretty sure that yellow stuff coming up through my tear ducts or whatever is just as phlegmy as what comes out of my mouth and my nose.

Hadn't you ever seen where they set the guinness world record for greatest distance blowing milk through their eyes?
    I've seen the milk footage, but I didn't imagine anyone would snort infected mucus out through their eyeballs xD That's just asking to get a horribly nasty infection, especially since our eyes have much weaker immune responses compared to the rest of us. If normal, everyday saliva can lead to blindness, then I shudder to imagine what gooey, bacterial snot could do in the wrong place...

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar