Thread: black orbs,pharos and possible spoilers

Default black orbs,pharos and possible spoilers

right so ive already completed all the story parts of the game and have leveled up to the max in order to go finish the sidequests
    now im at the pharos and attempting the subterra

i know your supposed to collect the black orbs and use them to activate stuff in order to procede further into the depth
    the problem is ive been running around the wellspring laberanth slayin hordes of the monsters for around an hour now and not one has farted an orb

any ideas whats wrong?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Your probably not paying attention, they hand about in midair for a while.

no definetly not that cause i have done the bit where you need to collect some to procede through the upper levels of the pharos
    i know what to look out for

Blog Entries

Default hmm

I know your said your done with the story but have you completed the pharos? The only reason I'm asking is it sounds strange that enemies arn't dropping them.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

yea ive done the pharos part
    all thats left to be done story wise is bahumut

do you maybe have to do the subterra sidequest before you have went all the way through the upper levels of the pharos?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Are you doing the Ixion side quest? Because isn't that the one when you gotta kill all the sub-bosses?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You don't need to have finished the Pharos to do this nor does completing the Pharos makes this Hunt null. Have you found one of the candles where the black orbs go to?

Blog Entries

Default I know

You have to fight monsters in the sub terrain. Seems like your fighting in the pharos first accent. except the seer or ixion hunt (perferably both) from mountblac and then teleport to the pharos. Now take the elevator to the sub.
    Last edited by Saber; 08-21-2008 at 12:48 PM.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

ive done the ixion hunt already and got partialy into the subterra
    im just collecting the black orbs in order to get further down and fight the phoniex and seer
    i thought you could only collect them in the wellspring laberanth though
    can you get them elsewhere?

Blog Entries

Default I thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    ive done the ixion hunt already and got partialy into the subterra
    im just collecting the black orbs in order to get further down and fight the phoniex and seer
    i thought you could only collect them in the wellspring laberanth though
    can you get them elsewhere?
    Yeah you can probally get a lot more if you go into either penumbra, umbra, abyssal. Just enter the rooms and fight the monsters. They should drop a black orb every two or three kills. Its quite dark down there so you may want to always hug the right wall. Also in the top right room of umbra you can find the ultima blade. It only has a 30% chance of spawning but when the treasure does it is a 100% chance it will be ultima blade. so yeah in the wellspring just take the round elevator down a level or two. That would help you so much more.
    Marcus

yea thats the main reason im going down there,to get the ultima blade

thing is ive got the official straegy guide and it says that the black orbs are ONLY available in the wellspring laberanth

anyway thanks for the help man